The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

giphy.gif

So theres no more PS consoles coming out, but theres still one more Xbox. 3 playstation and 4 xbox Ones

OK, that wasn't confusing AT ALL.

So NEO or PRO is as close to PC power as the PS4 will get, while Microsoft still has one more money milker coming out to compete.

I take one year off from video games and all this new **** drops with code names and crap, and Nintendo still ain't dropped nothing new.

I think I'll wait until Microsoft drops their next update beforeI buy the Pro or whatever the xbox has.

:lol:

PS4 and Xbone released in 2013

PS4 Pro, an updated PS4 is releasing this year but before being announced it was known as "Neo"
There's also a PS4 slim which is the same as the OG PS4 just smaller.

XBone S is the slim version of the Xbone which is already out and has HDR and 4k UHD support.
The updated Xbone with codename "Scorpio" is coming out next year holidays.

Also, Nintendo NX is releasing in March next year but it's not been officially announced yet so NX is not the final name.

Wait, so PS4 Pro = Neo?

But it doesn't support 4K Blu-Ray?

Correct, which is s stupid.
We went from Sony using the PS3 to win the format war and now they leave out UHD from their console.

I guess xbox won the TV TV TV battle in the end :lol:.

How is Pro any different then Xbox One S?

PS4 pro >>>>>>>>>>> PS4 >>>> XBone S

Xbone S is just a slim Xbone with HDR support and UHD Blu-Ray playback.

PS4 pro has an upgraded CPU and increased CPU clock which is why it can run games at 4K (Not native) and will have better looking/ running games than normal PS4.

I'm not a spec guy, but how much more powerful is the PS4 Pro supposed to be if it's competing with PCs?

How many teraflops :nerd:

Last edited:
giphy.gif

So theres no more PS consoles coming out, but theres still one more Xbox. 3 playstation and 4 xbox Ones

OK, that wasn't confusing AT ALL.

So NEO or PRO is as close to PC power as the PS4 will get, while Microsoft still has one more money milker coming out to compete.

I take one year off from video games and all this new **** drops with code names and crap, and Nintendo still ain't dropped nothing new.

I think I'll wait until Microsoft drops their next update beforeI buy the Pro or whatever the xbox has.

:lol:

PS4 and Xbone released in 2013

PS4 Pro, an updated PS4 is releasing this year but before being announced it was known as "Neo"
There's also a PS4 slim which is the same as the OG PS4 just smaller.

XBone S is the slim version of the Xbone which is already out and has HDR and 4k UHD support.
The updated Xbone with codename "Scorpio" is coming out next year holidays.

Also, Nintendo NX is releasing in March next year but it's not been officially announced yet so NX is not the final name.

My goodness this isn't that deep but in my head it is :lol:

That PS4 Pro looked GOOD visually. I glanced over at my iPad during the announcement and though I was glancing over at real life. Shading and frame rate is amazing.

I flipped my PS4 late last year and just recently purchased an XBONE for Skyrim and FIFA but now after seeing this, I may want the new PS4. Its just *** ugly though. They completely took that gorgeous piece of hardware I purchased on release date 2013 and turned it into dwarf and double stuffed oreo variations.

But for $400, I may have to buy it and hide it away

Last edited:
Having a 4k TV is not going to do much for your gaming experience. Nothing but hype for the TV and console

So could a firmware update make the Pro 4K Blu-Ray playable?

I believe so. Some user on Neogaf has been saying HDR was going to be added via firmware update on the PS4 for years, and he got it right.

The drive in the Pro has a 6X read at 216Mbits while 4k needs 128 Mbit/s

Last edited:
I'm not a spec guy, but how much more powerful is the PS4 Pro supposed to be if it's competing with PCs?

High end PC's will still smoke it but consoles still have the advantage of being be able to get more out of their specs so they can at least keep up.

Let's not forget it's$399 which is less than most high end Nvidia GPU's alone at launch.

So is all of this bad?

I can't keep up :lol:

It's good except lack of UHD Blu-Ray.

So could a firmware update make the Pro 4K Blu-Ray playable?
I don't see why not but might have to wait for a teardown first to see the internals.

Having a 4k TV is not going to do much for your gaming experience. Nothing but hype for the TV and console

Increased res and HDR look a lot better than standard HDTV's from what I've seen.
I'm still waiting a bit for 4K TV though.

Pretty much.

Isn't there a supposed Elite DS4 controller?

No Elite, only some third party one.

I dunno dude. Come over and see how games look on my 4K TV it's pretty nuts.

Haven't even watched any 4K content on it yet because nothing's really out there yet. So I agree it's kind of hype because there is no content available. Yeah it might not do much for the gaming experience but it's definitely not hurting in the graphical aspect. It's awesome.

I guess I don't need 4K Blu Ray since I got the One S, but still kinda disappointed it doesn't have it. I'll probably end up getting the pro.

I dunno dude. Come over and see how games look on my 4K TV it's pretty nuts.

Haven't even watched any 4K content on it yet because nothing's really out there yet. So I agree it's kind of hype because there is no content available. Yeah it might not do much for the gaming experience but it's definitely not hurting in the graphical aspect. It's awesome.
Yeah im going to have to come by and check out some games on the TV but a lot of the developers are focus on making games that are 1080p and 60fps. This is where PC takes advantage over the console war.

Damn so I don't know whether to cop a PS4 slim when it drops or just wait a few more months and get the Pro for $100 more although i don't have a 4K TV.

SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT UNVEILS PLAYSTATION[emoji]174[/emoji]4 PRO, DELIVERING ENHANCED PS4[emoji]174[/emoji] EXPERIENCE

View media item 2158285

New York City, September 7, 2016 – Sony Interactive Entertainment today announced the introduction of PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]4 Pro (PS4[emoji]174[/emoji]Pro) (CUH-7000 series) computer entertainment system, which delivers enhanced experiences through improved image processing capability and support for 4K quality images*1. PS4 Pro will be available on November 10, 2016, in Japan, North America and Europe at a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of 44,980 yen, US$399, €399 and £349*2. This marks the first time ever in the history of PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji] that a higher-end system will be introduced in the middle of the platform’s lifecycle. PS4 Pro will complement the standard PS4, including the slimmer and lighter model also announced today.

By boosting the performance and capability of the system architecture including the CPU and GPU, PS4 Pro allows games to deliver graphics with far more detail and unprecedented visual precision. Users with 4K TVs will be able to enjoy all PS4 titles in higher quality, such as 4K quality*1 resolution and faster or more stable frame rates. In addition, PS4 Pro supports 4K video playback to deliver 4K streaming video services such as Netflix and YouTube.

HDTV owners will also be able to enjoy the enhanced gameplay experiences on PS4 Pro, as the system delivers 1080p resolution for all PS4 games and higher or more stable frame rates for some supported titles.

Furthermore, looking ahead to the future of imaging technology, all PS4 systems including PS4 Pro will support HDR imaging technology*3, which enables the reproduction of brightness and darkness while realizing a much wider range of colors. Users who own an HDR-compatible TV will be able to enjoy supported games and other entertainment content with visuals that are more realistic, strikingly vivid and truer to the way the human eye sees the real world.

“Today marks an exciting new milestone for PlayStation as we unveiled the high-end PS4 Pro in the midst of the console lifecycle, catering to gamers who are looking for a heightened PS4 experience," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. "By accelerating the innovation cadence at PlayStation, we’re introducing choice in the marketplace, enabling gamers to choose the PS4 model that meets their needs. Ultimately, with titles that leverage the potential of PS4 Pro – plus PlayStation VR launching soon – all PS4 owners continue to benefit from having the best place to play.”

The form factor of the new system inherits the slanted body design of the previous models and the body design consists of three layers of blocks, symbolizing the powerful presence of the PS4 Pro and its solid feel, with mirror finished PlayStation family mark emblazoned at the center of its top surface. PS4 Pro also comes with an additional USB port in the rear in addition to two USB ports in the front for connecting additional devices including the PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]VR virtual reality system.

The hard disk drive capacity of the PS4 Pro is 1TB*4 to accommodate more games, demos, download contents and favorite gameplay videos.

Every PS4 game title, including those already available and those launching in the future, will run on all PS4 including PS4 Pro. Furthermore, all the PS4 system employs the same user interface and shares the same online community for multiplayer gaming and network services.

View media item 2158289
Crxx7QTWcAEGd6Y.jpg:orig

Crxx8GGXgAAWTS3.jpg:orig

Crx0BuMWIAETr4X.jpg:orig

Crx5eYOXEAQF7Gq.jpg:orig

PlaintiveBetterApisdorsatalaboriosa.gif

New PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Camera
View media item 2158290
The redesigned PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Camera (PS Camera)*3 inherits all the features available on the current model, including PlayStation VR (PS VR) support*5, and features a new compact cylindrical form. PS Camera includes a stand allowing users to easily adjust the angle of the PS Camera and set it up in their preferred location, such as on top of their TV or entertainment center. The new PS Camera will be available at a MSRP of 5,980 yen, $59 USD, €59 and £54

Platinum Wireless Headset

View media item 2158291
The Platinum Wireless Headset, which will be available at a MSRP of 18,000 yen, $159 USD, €179 and £129*4, is a high-end gaming headset that makes games on PS4 come alive with rich and immersive audio. The headset boasts premium construction and materials for extra comfort, as well as enhanced highly positional 7.1 virtual surround sound powered by SIE’s proprietary 3D audio technology. Select PS4 games supporting 3D audio for the headset will deliver surround sound from all directions, including above and below you, for more immersive experiences. The new premium headset also features multi-position, hidden noise-cancelling microphones for clearer chat and is also compatible with PS VR and mobile devices using an included 3.5mm audio cable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom