The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Purposely distorted and way louder than anything else in the game. 
roll.gif

got that platinum trophy for HZD tho :smokin

such a great story.

trying to find these last few data points is gonna be a ***** :lol:

Last edited:

Sad news, as I believe NT's own @MarkMan23  had some association with Mad Catz.

Mad Catz Files for Bankruptcy, All Directors and Officers Resign

Just days after news hit that they’d be delisted from the New York Stock Exchange, peripheral manufacturer and Rock Band 4 co-publisher Mad Catz Interactive has filed for bankruptcy under Canada’s Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act. Its subsidiary, Mad Catz Inc., has ceased operations and filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy in the United States. Additionally, all of Mad Catz’s directors and officers have resigned.

President and CEO Karen McGinnis said:
Regrettably and notwithstanding that for a significant amount of time the Company has been actively pursuing its strategic alternatives, including various near term financing alternatives such as bank financing and equity infusions, as well as potential sales of certain assets of the Company or a sale of the Company in its entirety, the Company has been unable to find a satisfactory solution to its cash liquidity problems. The Board of Directors and management would like to acknowledge the outstanding efforts of the Company’s employees in support of its business, especially during the time that the Company faced financial difficulties. The Company would also like to thank the vendors and professional service providers who have supported the Company’s efforts during this time.
The board of directors at Mad Catz made the decision to file for bankruptcy after they were advised “that no viable strategic alternative in respect of a sale of the Company or other corporate sale transaction is being made available to the Company by any third party.”

In the previous fiscal year, Mad Catz lost $11.6 million  due to the “incredibly disappointing” Rock Band 4, and they laid off  37% of their staff  in February 2016.

Meanwhile, Rock Band 4 developer Harmonix announced yesterday that they laid off 17 staff members. In a statement to Games Industry, they said:
Today we made the difficult decision to say goodbye to 17 talented people as we restructured to align with our current and anticipated development needs. These people all played a role in making Harmonix and its games what they are today and we are more than grateful for their contributions. We are working to ensure that they are taken care of as we make this change.
This is the fourth time in five years that Harmonix has laid off staff.

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...irectors-officers-resign/#R7CBYYDq9WQ2wxIK.99
RIP Mad Catz. I worked there for about 8 years and was in charge of all of the fighting game products from design to marketing. It was a fun ride. Hope everyone affected from the bankruptcy is able to find something new.

Sad news, as I believe NT's own @MarkMan23
 had some association with Mad Catz.

Mad Catz Files for Bankruptcy, All Directors and Officers Resign

Just days after news hit that they’d be delisted from the New York Stock Exchange, peripheral manufacturer and Rock Band 4 
co-publisher Mad Catz Interactive has filed for bankruptcy under Canada’s Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act. Its subsidiary, Mad Catz Inc., has ceased operations and filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy in the United States. Additionally, all of Mad Catz’s directors and officers have resigned.

President and CEO Karen McGinnis said:
Regrettably and notwithstanding that for a significant amount of time the Company has been actively pursuing its strategic alternatives, including various near term financing alternatives such as bank financing and equity infusions, as well as potential sales of certain assets of the Company or a sale of the Company in its entirety, the Company has been unable to find a satisfactory solution to its cash liquidity problems. The Board of Directors and management would like to acknowledge the outstanding efforts of the Company’s employees in support of its business, especially during the time that the Company faced financial difficulties. The Company would also like to thank the vendors and professional service providers who have supported the Company’s efforts during this time.

The board of directors at Mad Catz made the decision to file for bankruptcy after they were advised “that no viable strategic alternative in respect of a sale of the Company or other corporate sale transaction is being made available to the Company by any third party.”
In the previous fiscal year, Mad Catz lost $11.6 million
 due to the “incredibly disappointing” Rock Band 4
, and they laid off
 37% of their staff
 in February 2016.

Meanwhile, Rock Band 4 
developer Harmonix announced yesterday that they laid off 17 staff members. In a statement to Games Industry, they said:

Today we made the difficult decision to say goodbye to 17 talented people as we restructured to align with our current and anticipated development needs. These people all played a role in making Harmonix and its games what they are today and we are more than grateful for their contributions. We are working to ensure that they are taken care of as we make this change.

This is the fourth time in five years that Harmonix has laid off staff.

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...irectors-officers-resign/#R7CBYYDq9WQ2wxIK.99

RIP Mad Catz. I worked there for about 8 years and was in charge of all of the fighting game products from design to marketing. It was a fun ride. Hope everyone affected from the bankruptcy is able to find something new.

You did a lot of great work for the brand.
Best of luck for you in the future.

I just finished the main quest for horizon
It was a great experience. Figuring out how to take out each beast for the first time was unforgettable. Going 1v1 against the Thunderjaw in the cauldron was probably the highlight for me.

Once you kind of figure out how to handle each situation it gets a bit repetitive. I feel bad for anyone who used guides or tips online to help because then it simplifies a lot of it too much.

I'm still appalled at how badly I gave the last deathbringer a fade. 700 damage with 3 precision arrows loaded up then being able to get more in when in focus.

I've finished all the side quests that interest me. Watching chaos ensue when hacking a machine is the one reason I can see myself going back to the game. I'll never forget when I made a snapmaw war and a rockbreaker from the other side of the stream got involved :wow:

I don't have high expectations for the sequel they seem to have lined up. Hopefully the thing with Sylens at the end is just for an expansion.

Waiting for horizon was the most anticipation I had for a game for a very long time. It was a unique universe and it delivered.

Interested in seeing how feminist gamers feel about the game and Bae-loy. Thought it was also very well-done from that standpoint.

Last edited:

Appreciate all the work did for the brand.
Definitely helped the FGC.

It was a great experience. Figuring out how to take out each beast for the first time was unforgettable. Going 1v1 against the Thunderjaw in the cauldron was probably the highlight for me.

Once you kind of figure out how to handle each situation it gets a bit repetitive. I feel bad for anyone who used guides or tips online to help because then it simplifies a lot of it too much.

I'm still appalled at how badly I gave the last deathbringer a fade. 700 damage with 3 precision arrows loaded up then being able to get more in when in focus.

I've finished all the side quests that interest me. Watching chaos ensue when hacking a machine is the one reason I can see myself going back to the game. I'll never forget when I made a snapmaw war and a rockbreaker from the other side of the stream got involved :wow:

I don't have high expectations for the sequel they seem to have lined up. Hopefully the thing with Sylens at the end is just for an expansion.

Waiting for horizon was the most anticipation I had for a game for a very long time. It was a unique universe and it delivered.

Interested in seeing how feminist gamers feel about the game and Bae-loy. Thought it was also very well-done from that standpoint.

Why arent you looking forward to the sequel?

Something isn't clicking with me going back to Horizon. I say I need to play it, but I keep going back to either The Show or BOTW even though I already beat it

Something isn't clicking with me going back to Horizon. I say I need to play it, but I keep going back to either The Show or BOTW even though I already beat it
I feel like once you stop playing an open world game for a long period of time, you have to start over. Everytime I attempt to play The Witcher 3 this happens. I knew better than to play BotW even though I had it on Wii U. I'm trying my hardest to finish Horizon this weekend so that I can try out Persona 5.

I feel like once you stop playing an open world game for a long period of time, you have to start over. Everytime I attempt to play The Witcher 3 this happens. I knew better than to play BotW even though I had it on Wii U. I'm trying my hardest to finish Horizon this weekend so that I can try out Persona 5.
That's what I'm thinking, and it's not even like I'm far into the game. Maybe 2 hrs most, but I have even less motivation to start over 
laugh.gif
 might have to wait until I want to play again on my own down the line instead of forcing it

I got back into it last night for the first time in a couple of weeks and it took me 20 mins to get back into the swing

Sounds like open world game fatigue....I can't play too many open world games B2B I went from FF15 to HZD. After horizon I have to switch it up.

My gut tells me they aren't going to do as great of a job with it. I hope I'm wrong though. A lot of the appeal of the game for me was from the mystery of it. Now most of that veil has been taken off. I think it'll be hard to make a sequel that isn't too much of just being more like a reboot, minus the establishing yourself part. Chase Hades to stop it from unleashing the apocalypse, just this time he has Sylens with him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom