The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Nah they could have made it work... just like I can still choose to put either one of those drives in my computer.

Pcie 3/4 is backwards and forward compatible.
I'm not 100% but you'll probably be able to put a gen 3 in that expansion bay and use it as storage. It just won't be as fast for loading and the ps5 may not recognize it as being able to play next gen games from because the read/write speeds are about half of pcie gen 4 drives.

Taking a few days off to do some fall yardwork and relax.

Might.... deliver a few important packages... crack a few brewskies.

Sam Porter Bridges Death Stranding GIF - SamPorterBridges DeathStranding  NormanReedus - Discover & Share GIFs

Not dumb at all because I myself am trying to figure out how to cross over saves. I’m willing to let all my saves go and just start fresh EXCEPT for SF5, I’ll be damned.

Wondering how purchased retro games work too. I want to play SF anniversary collection and USF4 on my PS5
PS5 can play PS4 games so the games and the saves will work on PS5. You can re-download or install the game from disk and get your save from the cloud if you have PS+.
In the case of SF Anniversary, that will work as it does on PS4 since there's no PS5 version. I don't think the game had any performance issues so PS5 boost mode will probably not make a difference to this game.

It's only games where there's a PS5 version where it's up to the developers to enable cross save between the PS4 version and the PS5 version if you upgrade.

Spider-Man MM for example. If you bought the PS4 disk, started playing on PS4 it then bought a PS5 console, then you will get the PS5 version and your save file will transfer as well.

I have about 1.6TB split between a Seagate 2TB and PS4 Pro that I plan to bring to the PS5.

They said we can use external HDDs for PS4 games but I'd rather have that boost the SSD provides. I'll just keep the games I rarely play on the HDD and transfer them to the SSD whenever I decide to play.

That new 2TB SSD is tempting...

Already pre-ordered Spider-Man, 2k, Cold War and Demon Souls so that 825GB is filling up fast :ohwell:

For those who pre-ordered Cold War did you do it through Amazon or Gamestop? If you did it through Gamestop in stores, did they give you a code on spot or they will email you a code?

You secured a pre-order, right?

Any games?

I have, but I am 50/50 on if I will keep it, simply based on how Walmart did the bundle nonsense bringing the amount to just short of $800 CAD. My wife and I are expecting in February and a few extra $100 could go toward better things. Mulling canceling it and just buying the first one I can find for retail in the wild.

Adding to that is the game situation. Everything I am interested in is on PS4 in addition to PS5. So if I didnt have it day 1, I dont think I would be too broken up. And with the preorder arriving after day 1, I dont think I have a choice.

Can we get your review on the game thus far?

Short answer is it is one of the 5 best PS4 games I have played, but if you were to tell me you hated it, I could absolutely understand that too. :lol:

It is such a strange niche of a game that there is no really great way of putting it into words. Obviously you have heard the Fed-Ex/Amazon delivery guy in the apocalypse comparisons and they are accurate. But there is so much charm in the characters and such a rewarding gameplay hook that involved me actively avoiding combat to do more ... infrastructure work? :lol: It sounds soboring but it is so relaxing building things that make areas that were so difficult to traverse hours earlier almost trivial moving forward. The online compliments the feeling of being alone in the wasteland, but still feel like you can help a random person through some small action.

I also dont want to give the impression that the combat is bad, but stealth and avoidance are more rewarding in-game, as well as the feeling of success making it through an area undetected.

I will say that if you play the game for 1 hour and are put off, its safe to say you wont like it. But if you find it intriguing after 60 minutes, I can almost guarantee you will like what you have in store for yourself.

The random cameos are also hilarious and (to me at least) unexpected.

I can honestly say you may never play a game quite like this, which is a difficult thing to say nowadays. It's a rare game that I will probably play after I get the platinum (if I actually end up getting it). I'm roughly 50ish hours in I think, but 75% of that playtime is finding new routes, planning deliveries and just exploring.

Talking about wraps came up at work, and stumbled upon this:

I was never much for skinning consoles myself, but just in case anybody here is lookin to skin theirs.

It's the best selling game every year.

Most people are probably happy enough with the games.

CoD Cold War beta is getting a lot of negative feedbacks.

I really don’t get why it’s so hard to make a decent CoD.
What kinda negative feedback? Too lazy to look it up for myself :lol:

People going to complain no matter what when it comes to COD

To be real people were gonna complain no matter what. There is absolutely nothing any COD studio can do to avoid that.
What kinda negative feedback? Too lazy to look it up for myself :lol:

People going to complain no matter what when it comes to COD

I mean for one they break up every lobby after a game so you can never replay the opposite team. They stopped that on the Alpha and everyone praised Treyarch but now they brought it back for the Beta which makes zero sense. Literally one of the biggest complaints since MW.

Something as simple as that and they can’t even get it right.

Back
Top Bottom