The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I have, but I am 50/50 on if I will keep it, simply based on how Walmart did the bundle nonsense bringing the amount to just short of $800 CAD. My wife and I are expecting in February and a few extra $100 could go toward better things. Mulling canceling it and just buying the first one I can find for retail in the wild.

Adding to that is the game situation. Everything I am interested in is on PS4 in addition to PS5. So if I didnt have it day 1, I dont think I would be too broken up. And with the preorder arriving after day 1, I dont think I have a choice.

Short answer is it is one of the 5 best PS4 games I have played, but if you were to tell me you hated it, I could absolutely understand that too. :lol:

It is such a strange niche of a game that there is no really great way of putting it into words. Obviously you have heard the Fed-Ex/Amazon delivery guy in the apocalypse comparisons and they are accurate. But there is so much charm in the characters and such a rewarding gameplay hook that involved me actively avoiding combat to do more ... infrastructure work? :lol: It sounds soboring but it is so relaxing building things that make areas that were so difficult to traverse hours earlier almost trivial moving forward. The online compliments the feeling of being alone in the wasteland, but still feel like you can help a random person through some small action.

I also dont want to give the impression that the combat is bad, but stealth and avoidance are more rewarding in-game, as well as the feeling of success making it through an area undetected.

I will say that if you play the game for 1 hour and are put off, its safe to say you wont like it. But if you find it intriguing after 60 minutes, I can almost guarantee you will like what you have in store for yourself.

The random cameos are also hilarious and (to me at least) unexpected.

I can honestly say you may never play a game quite like this, which is a difficult thing to say nowadays. It's a rare game that I will probably play after I get the platinum (if I actually end up getting it). I'm roughly 50ish hours in I think, but 75% of that playtime is finding new routes, planning deliveries and just exploring.

Poignant review Sir.

I enjoyed my first 4hrs on PC + XBOX controller. I find it oddly compelling like an H.G Wells novel.

Since this game is also my first introduction to high-end PC gaming, it is twice as intriguing.

Been too busy at work to jump back in lately but looking forward it to when things slow down for me in November...

sidebar: #SuperCongrats :emoji_baby:

Thank you, everyone!

My wife and I have been trying for about 5 years with no success. We were about to go down the IVF road (literally, the day of my wives initial review appointment was the day everything shutdown and it was cancelled) COVID hit and it kind of figured itself out while we were stuck quarantined at home. :lol:

It was infuriating hearing people say, "Oh just stop worrying about it and it will happen!", then even more infuriating when that is exactly what happened for us. :lol::smh:

1602257752823.png

1602257844089.png

1602257897839.png

1602258731967.png

stay lurkin stay lurkin This ones for you :lol:

More at the link .

Last edited:
I have read that they usually last 2 years and then you get that BSoD.
Maybe for some? I had a TCL for over 2 years and it's work great. Just dislike the ROKU OS. But other than that, I've been happy with the picture quality.

Not sure if I'm going with the TV to game this time. Might focus on getting a monitor instead.

My dell gaming monitor already has a 2.0 hdmi port, but it isn't 4k. Curious if the ps5 would work still.

loving the more consistent stream of news we've been getting lately

lol but then again I guess they don't really got a choice now

1602274536500.png

1602274582291.png

1602274639481.png

More at the link.
Glad to hear you can use a LAN cable to transfer between PS4 and PS5
You also don't need to format your external PS4 drive if you have one with games.
And for those wondering, your cloud saves will just transfer over too.

The switchover will be easier than expected.

I've said this before but kudos to Sucker Punch once again.

Drop a very good game in Ghost of Tsushima and just as important have been A1 in their post launch support of it.

Them release post launch content and not nickeling and diming you for it, is a breathe of fresh air with what typical goes on in gaming nowadays.

Maybe for some? I had a TCL for over 2 years and it's work great. Just dislike the ROKU OS. But other than that, I've been happy with the picture quality.

Not sure if I'm going with the TV to game this time. Might focus on getting a monitor instead.

My dell gaming monitor already has a 2.0 hdmi port, but it isn't 4k. Curious if the ps5 would work still.

How about Hisense tvs?

Back
Top Bottom