The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I beat the game a few days ago. I really enjoyed the main story. Especially all the summons. The whole second half of the game definitely brought some feels. :lol:

View media item 2258198

Postgame is fun. I went and got the airship and am now Flying in style, grinding up in order to face the true final boss. :lol: :pimp:
I will say this though. If you want to slowly lose your mind and feel true despair, go and give the post game puzzle dungeon a shot. it took me 7 1/2 hours to beat it (with 6 of those hours being lost due to a power outage :smh: ). All those precise jumps made me want to pull my hair out. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
What would you rate it?

Loved it! Solid 8/10
Could even increase since post game is very meaty and that's when the combat usually shines.

Story is great but the way it was told had issues and is what dropped it from a 9 to an 8 for me. You also need Kingsglaive before watching it which for a lot of people is a con which I can understand but I got it with the deluxe edition and a full length CGI film as a prequel gets you really pumped up for the game.

Combat and game mechanics are great. Holding O for attack will get you no where. It took a bit for me to get a handle on the combat due to stubborness :lol:
I was trying to play it like Crisis Core and Type-0 but this is a different beast. and once I stopped trying to hold O and realised that you can't cancel your attacks I had to be more strategic and that made me appreciate it a whole lot more.
Also it's the best looking combat in an RPG for me. Warp Strikes plus the teamwork aspect all works with the cast of characters being really close together.

Summons and Magic take it to another level with how they look and their environmental effect. They are also very powerful which ties in very well with a fantasy based on reality.
I loved how the monsters when you cast blizzard get covered in frost and visibly move slower.

In the final boss fight, Ardyn cast blizzard he turned white then he grabbed me for some cinematic action and he was fully white with white eyes then he slowly regained colour as he was talking to me. I thought that was sick.

Graphics are superb but hit and miss sometimes and I was playing on the pro. Good thing Prompto was taking pics because I would have been taking loads myself. HDR on this game is amazing.
Somethings on close up had low textures though and missing shadows but overall it was great. I also loved the fact monsters don't disappear instantly when you defeat them.

The World Map + Regalia + Camping + Chocobos. :pimp:
It's so easy to lose yourself doing hunts and sidequests because that combo is so good. Much better than XIII in that aspect.

I know some people hated the fact a lot of things had changed from Versus to this game but thank goodness for Media blackouts. Apart from the visual changes I don't know what changed and I enjoyed what I played.

FF is back!

View media item 2258410

Last edited:
Has anyone played Last Guardian? Trading in a bunch of random junk and was thinking about grabbing it since you get 20% extra credit.

37hrs later, Lv33 and still in chapter 3 heading to the waterfall. Dunno how you guys beat it already, side quests and mobhunts side track me at every outpost. Plus random exploring. I found the waterfall before I was suppose to go thanks to mobhunts.

about an hour into the division. I thought the beta was trash, but so far the game's good.

Gives me hope for Ghost Recon Wildlands, since that looks way better than the divison.

Y'all some bad boys I took the day off when the game dropped and I'm level 35 Chapter 5 with 25 hours put in.

They way y'all carve through games is simply amazing :lol:

I'm currently level 61 with about 45 hours in. I'm just doing hunts and side quests.

Back
Top Bottom