The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Damage control. PSU knew the politically correct thing to do was to fire Paterno.

Wouldn't be surprised if Joe Pa offs himself within the next few months.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

wack...I hate the media. They wanna say victims are number 1 but all you hear about is Paterno. they gonna kick Paterno out but who is gonna be the number 1 story...Paterno.

Paterno, Paterno, Paterno.

doesnt move me one bit that he is gone. all the disgusting things Sandusky did is terrible...ppl pose to breathe a sigh a relief cuz Joe Pa aint gon sit in the press box wit no headphones on and "coach"? yea right...way to go
All of this.
Too many times we're way too focused on the wrong aspects of situations.

His boy was diddling kids in his facilities and he knew he was doing it.  Shut the $%%! up. 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

McQueary's job status doesn't change. I dunno how I feel about that.

That's ridiculous. He's the one who actually saw the crime. We can villify Paterno, but any action he could have took would have been based on hearsay.

McQueary saw the crime and once he knew it was not reported to police, did nothing. If that ain't a lack of moral judgement, I don't know what its.

pretty glad joe paterno's old @$% is out of there. $#+* that guy for real!

$#+* everyone involved in the deception and especially those directly responsible for harming these kids

some of these reporters asking questions right now are truly awful people

They did the right thing by letting him go.

This is far from over, however. More victims, more testimony, more investigations will come in the future. They've only just cracked the egg.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DaG311

I wasn't for it at first, but I have no problem not letting Joe finish the year if he had something to do with it. But someone on ESPN said today, and some people on here basically have said it, that he is as responsible, if not more responsible than Sandusky for it happening... How do people say this? He could have done nothing to prevent the kids that were already abused from being abused. I do not know if anybody was abused after that point in 2002, so how would he be responsible for things in the past?

I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS A GREAT COMPARISON, but if you see a friend or stranger drive drunk and think "oh, they're fine" and wind up killing someone cause you didn't stop them, are you responsible? If that doesn't make sense, I'm sorry, but that is kind of how i think about this situation from the point of view of JoePa

You can't equate a hypothetical to something that ACTUALLY happened....on top of it all, this is involving YEARS of covering up the molestation of children and harboring a pedophile on your campus w/o a care in the world. 

Penn State did the right thing in terminating Joe Paterno right now.  This was the correct move. 

Trust me, no one is losing sight of what Sandusky did.  He needs to pay.  However, Joe Paterno in the matter of days, made himself out to be a selfish fool, who put his own well-being ahead of the victims, school, and students.  His name is attached to what Sandusky did...he should have had the same fate from the jump as everyone else involved.  Which is termination.  He tried to call HIS OWN SHOT!!!  "I'll stay on and finish the year..."  Give me a $%!!*$* break. 
30t6p3b.gif

For the people who are going to riot or do other dumb ###! around State College in the wake of what just happened, I hope they take a real good look at the GJ transcript before they burn the town down. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Joe Pa offs himself within the next few months.

No. 

I know you can't, but that is how I was thinking about it, ya know?. I'm not surprised he is gone and to be honest, I'm ok with it. I also feel like all the coaches (especially McQueary) need to go as well. Cause if those two knew, they all knew to some degree

These reporters keep asking the same questions. Paterno needed to be fired; better yet, he should have stepped down and not let it come to this.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

wack...I hate the media. They wanna say victims are number 1 but all you hear about is Paterno. they gonna kick Paterno out but who is gonna be the number 1 story...Paterno.

Paterno, Paterno, Paterno.

doesnt move me one bit that he is gone. all the disgusting things Sandusky did is terrible...ppl pose to breathe a sigh a relief cuz Joe Pa aint gon sit in the press box wit no headphones on and "coach"? yea right...way to go
All of this.
Too many times we're way too focused on the wrong aspects of situations.

His boy was diddling kids in his facilities and he knew he was doing it.  Shut the $%%! up. 
sooooo u feel better. U think the kids that got "diddled" in the creeps basement or some random hotel room feel a whole lot better.
maybe they do maybe they dont...i dunno

the disgusting coward that was screwing lil boys all over Pennsylvania is still at home out on bail.

wake me up when they get off Joe Pa old saggy sack and throw the monster Sandusky in jail

like I said im unmoved by him being "fired" but Yay one step close to justice...whatever 
eyes.gif

these people asking questions need to get beat hard for some of these ridiculous questions

are they just people off the street they found or are they actually press people?

Everyone in that staff needs to go.

The time to "clean house" is past overdue, they need to destroy and completely rebuild.

DVR set but twitter folk, if you can keep the updates, especially the pictures of mass disobedience, it would be greatly appreciated.

Well right now, this is save our football team and soften the blow before the NCAA hits them with MAJOR violations MODE.

they are dirty. those guys do not deserve to keep their jobs who were able to. and we all damn well know these legal fees will be payed by the school for the AD and staffer.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

these people asking questions need to get beat hard for some of these ridiculous questions

are they just people off the street they found or are they actually press people?
My exact thoughts, those reporters sounded like they were all related to Paterno.

Not really like there was a decision to make. Public school = state funding, no way the folks in Harrisburg would allow him to finish out the season.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Well right now, this is save our football team and soften the blow before the NCAA hits them with MAJOR violations MODE.

they are dirty. those guys do not deserve to keep their jobs who were able to. and we all damn well know these legal fees will be payed by the school for the AD and staffer.

Can the NCAA do anything about this?

Had to done.

Even for his own good, guy was delusional enough to think he could walk into Columbus and Madison in the following weeks. completely out of touch with reality. And Apparently, has been since 2002-- at least.

If the football team was used to cover it up Double J.

that is where the investigation comes from. I still believe a self imposed suspension of the program is in order before the NCAA does get involved

enough with matt millen

he's on the right track, but dude is starting to bug me with the pontificating. i really believe he's more upset about the legacy of penn state & being associated with the school than anything else

Back
Top Bottom