The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Paterno lost the right for a "respectable" firing following his failure to properly act and his later comments.

Bingo. That Pep Rally on his lawn was more than enough for me.

Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist 2002

Yes Joe had to go, but can somebody explain why Mike Mcqueary is allowed to remain on the coaching staff?

I think its a matter of time until the BOT cans him.

How on earth could their possibly be a ring like that tho, without anyone catching wind of it and reporting it right away? 

I get how it can be concealed in a locker room, 3-4-5 guys, but a "ring" of rich folk sellin out and buyin up little kids for jollies? 
sick.gif
  That's a MASS cover up we'd be talking about. 

I won't be completely shocked if it's found out true, but for right now I gotta believe that's a bit far fetched.  I mean, where would you even BEGIN that process?  You can't be just walkin up to folks like "hey, know where I can pick up some little boys for pleasure?" 
30t6p3b.gif

Please let that part of the story be false, please be the case.....

Originally Posted by CP1708

How on earth could their possibly be a ring like that tho, without anyone catching wind of it and reporting it right away? 

I get how it can be concealed in a locker room, 3-4-5 guys, but a "ring" of rich folk sellin out and buyin up little kids for jollies? 
sick.gif
  That's a MASS cover up we'd be talking about. 

I won't be completely shocked if it's found out true, but for right now I gotta believe that's a bit far fetched.  I mean, where would you even BEGIN that process?  You can't be just walkin up to folks like "hey, know where I can pick up some little boys for pleasure?" 
30t6p3b.gif

Please let that part of the story be false, please be the case.....

I think you would be surprised at how often this happens.

People think that it cant happen in the US. 

Its happens and is more prevelant than any of us would like to think

The numbers would blow your mind in regards child prostitution, molestation, trafficking.

Every person in these videos are the dregs of a progressive society.
All of them are idiots. 

All of them.

Why are you protesting the defense of and promoting the image of a man who willingly harbored a pedophile?

All of them are delusional.

These kids need real role models.

No wonder the Catholic Church still exists.

Idolizing a football coach?

You're only at college for 4 years! Penn State is a school...just like your high school...just like your middle school...Its just a school with a face and colors and a mascot you attach yourself to. Grow up already. None of that means anything.

This is why dogma should not be taken lightly...people always want to cling to their little group and defend it no matter what.

Talking about "We Are Penn"...like what? What type of crap is that? Go sit down and handle business. All these blind followers acting like because hes old he deserves more respect than the average human being.

This is becoming a circus. An absolute circus. This dude Joe Pa is holding news conferences from his window cell before dinner. I don't know whether to 
laugh.gif
 or 
indifferent.gif
*Self Edit*

that fact that people are concerned about the manner in which paterno was fired, or in the case of PSU students, that he was fired so suddenly, is amazing. we're not talking about cheating on your taxes or recruiting violations. we're talking about freaking child molestation. basically an accomplice to it at that. it blows my mind how people are sympathizing with this guy. is what he did for the university more important than what he didn't do for those kids getting abused? absolutely not. stop feeling bad or upset for joe. he's not a victim in any of this. not even close.

as far as it being an issue of respect...stop. you have to earn respect. you don't just get it. stooping down to lower levels? get outta here. he's lucky they told him first before just announcing it publicly.

Silly Putty needs to just be banned, stop grouping small amounts of people into a generalization and bringing religion into that

Yesterday I was supporting Joe now today with all the information I read, he had to know something. Sad to have our school in this light though; Penn State image will not be the same after this.

My God...if this rumor about him farming out these boys to high level donors/alumni is true...well I can't even think of the words to describe what may happen. Disgusting.

The more I look at this the more I think Mark Madden may just be trying to make a name for himself nationally now, his article on April 3rd was spot on but I just checked my gchat history because my friends mom works for PSU and she said that this was going to come out but she didn't know it'd be this wild...that was on March 31st

Just heard on the radio that the board of trustees has asked McQuery not to be on the field on Saturday.

Looking for a link....

^ Saw that on ESPN about 20 mins ago. They're not firing him or asking him to resign or anything, just that it would be dangerous for him to show up there. I agree he shouldn't show up and the danger aspect, but he shouldn't be allowed period.

So basically you are saying that its more to do with his safety rather than his actions (or lack there of) ?

Originally Posted by dland24

So basically you are saying that its more to do with his safety rather than his actions (or lack there of) ?

You're looking into too much and putting words in his mouth.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

That was absolutely NOT my intention.  I was merely seeking clarification.

And what do you mean that I looking too much into it?  I heard McQuery was not going to be coaching this weekend.  Dude replied that he wasnt being fired, but that it would be "too dangerous for him to show up there."  And I asked if he meant that it was more to do with his safety than his actions.

Dont know where I was putting words in his mouth or looking too far into it, or where you come off with your condescending post. 

Originally Posted by af1 1982

That was absolutely NOT my intention.  I was merely seeking clarification.

And what do you mean that I looking too much into it?  I heard McQuery was not going to be coaching this weekend.  Dude replied that he wasnt being fired, but that it would be "too dangerous for him to show up there."  And I asked if he meant that it was more to do with his safety than his actions.

Dont know where I was putting words in his mouth or looking too far into it, or where you come off with your condescending post. 

laugh.gif
 Okay dude. 

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Again, why are you bringing up religion in all of this and trying to hijack the thread?
If you guys can't see the parallels between cultish followings of some of these major college programs and that of the Catholic church, I don't know what to tell you. It's even more apt now that there is a scandal involving the abuse of young boys and the systemic coverup of said abuse. Still not following? The comparison is completely justified. He might have a history of railing against religion but I don't see how his comparison is trolling. 

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Again, why are you bringing up religion in all of this and trying to hijack the thread?
If you guys can't see the parallels between cultish followings of some of these major college programs and that of the Catholic church, I don't know what to tell you. It's even more apt now that there is a scandal involving the abuse of young boys and the systemic coverup of said abuse. Still not following? The comparison is completely justified. He might have a history of railing against religion but I don't see how his comparison is trolling. 

Isn't there a soccer match on?

Back
Top Bottom