The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

A damn shame.  This young dude is telling it how it is, and all the crowd cares about is that he's wearing a Tony Dorsett Jersey

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Have you even read my posts? Find one time ever defended the scandal or anyone involved but I will defend the school for the good they do and the academics they provide students.

All you are doing is generalizing a small segment of students, you choose to selectively read what I say. Have I not made it clear I agree 100% with the firing?

You should probably read what I say before you speak and they played the football game so I guess anyone there finds nothing wrong with what happened

I chose to not go there this weekend out of disgust, did you read that? Nah didn't think so
You've done a lot of PR campaigning here.�
Are you an admissions counselor? If anyone decides not to go to Penn because of that, its their fault.�

Posting the percentages of students who protest as if you're defending the school. It doesn't matter if only 2k out of 45k protested. Those 2k spoke a lot louder than the rest of you all did on the matter. The other 43K might have been right but for even ONE student to be in the riot was one too many.�

Then you keep posting mindless posts about "you have to understand what this means to us"...like that matters...YOU DONT EVEN PLAY FOOTBALL. I could understand if you even spoke to JoePa or if most of the student body did on a regular basis...BUT THEY DID NOT... they threw pennies in his fountain of prayer and rubbed their faces on his statue and watched him on TV.

What the hell is this? ::

StillIn729 wrote:
DoubleJs07 wrote:
af1 & Still, or anyone currently associate w. Penn State.....why are people playing the sympathy card w/ Paterno? I don't get it.

You have to understand what he means to Penn Staters, I totally understand the outrage that he didn't stop this because he has more power than Curley, Spanier and Schultz combined. I am very outraged, I still can't even believe all this and right now unless something new comes out one person we had great admiration for and almost love for the man is questioned now, I know I'll never look at him in the same light. Penn State students and alumni are almost feeling like we are in a nightmare but as time passes we all realize to stop thinking with our emotions and think with the knowledge of this horrid scandal. I'm telling you right now that 2000 students were out "rioting" which means about 43000 were at home and trust me when I say the overwhelming majority agree he needed to be fired and was 110% wrong for what he did which will be his legacy but anyone who has long ties to PSU realizes he did amazing things for PSU, students and people in general but regardless none of that justifies what he didn't do.

sick.gif

Just gag worthy.�

Grow up already.

He doesn't MEAN anything. Hes just a damn football coach. Thats IT. The fact you all have a mural to him is even more ridiculous.�

hes a superhero to you guys. Not just a human being.�

Whats up with these sort of defensive posts?�

On top of that why are you getting your g-string all in a knot because someone talks crap about Penn State? Should we be talking about Nebraska right now? I'm sorry but if the PRESIDENT of a university gets booted then something major is going on.�

Then you have to nerve to say "ya'll don't even know whats going on. its just rumors"...WHO CARES?! Its gossip to you too! This is the most excitement you guys have had but you all want to act like you're insiders on the story...

IT HAS NO EFFECT ON YOU. GO TO CLASS AND LIVE YOUR LIVES.�

But they fired him over the phone! I'd rather him have had the swat team kidnap him and tell him that way. Because thats as real as this situation will EVER get to Joe Paterno. That bastard.�

EDIT:

As long as there are idiots like the ones in this video, I'm going to keep bashing the students of penn state.

So sad.

Spoiler [+]
maher-molesting-children-600x386.png

Its JUST a school. Four walls with books on the inside.

I agreed with until I saw this. You can't downplay what people mean to a school. Community is a deeply underrated concept. The connections, the bonds, and the good people you meet have lasting impacts on your life. Like any institution worth a damn, the people is what make it. I'm sure in Penn State's situation, the good definitely outweigh the bad. That's just the nature of those institutions.

Originally Posted by AG 47

I agreed with until I saw this. You can't downplay what people mean to a school. Community is a deeply underrated concept. The connections, the bonds, and the good people you meet have lasting impacts on your life. Like any institution worth a damn, the people is what make it. I'm sure in Penn State's situation, the good definitely outweigh the bad. That's just the nature of those institutions.
That is wherein lies the problem. Institutions of higher learning should never again place coaches and/or athletic programs on that type of pedestal again. While the school has done a tremendous amount of good for decades, all that was wiped away when those kids were assualted and the school chose to cover everything up to protect the image of the school & it's athletic program. What was done was a crime against humanity. The school condoned the violent raping of innocent children by it's action/inaction & helped create an enviroment where it could continue to happen...

Originally Posted by AG 47

My point is to say that incidences like these show how trivial all that stuff is.
Once these kids graduate most of them will forget how strongly they clung this over-marketed idea of "school pride" 

I'm proud of where I went to school and graduated from...but that doesn't mean I have to treat it like i'm in the military or like its some sort of cult. 

Those kids are sycophants who can't see farther than their own noses. 

so wait a janitor also walked in the shower and seen dude with another boy and didnt report anything?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so wait a janitor also walked in the shower and seen dude with another boy and didnt report anything?
yeah that was in 2000 between the 1998 event and the 2002 event; they said he was pretty much at the point of having a heart attack but he never ended up reporting it and now in a nursing home and unable to testify
the bottom line is this all still should have been stopped in 1998 and if not there is no excuse after 2002 that this continued

Originally Posted by likethematrix

now really... how do we know this is rape?
maybe the kid was gay and wanted to get his booty busted in the shower.
anyone ever think of that? hmmmmm?

Please tell your high? Serious question

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Please tell your high? Serious question

nah sober fam but thanks for asking.

Maybe the dumbest thing I've read on here in weeks.  The boy was 10. 

I feel sorry for your mother. 

Might be the dumbest post I've ever read on NT.

The kid was ~10 years old. 

HBW.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Finally caught up on the last 20 pages and
30t6p3b.gif

I didn't think this scandal could get any worse but if Sandusky was really pimping out young boys to high level Penn State alums then wow.

The NCAA has gotta come down hard with sanctions on the football program don't they?

If this whole sick fiasco isn't a LOIC then I don't know what is.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Reported.

Thank you

Y'all really taking that lame serious? Lame troll is trolling hard, but trolling poorly.

I hope you don't vote, or have kids.

Back
Top Bottom