****The Philladelpia Phillies have won the 2008 World Series. Congratulations!****

And nearly everyone else who is not one of those things agree that both teams got questionable calls (happens in every game, in every sport),, but during the World Series, nearly all of the big time calls that went the wrong way benefited the Phillies.
The calls that went TB's way kept them in games. If you want to talk about strike zones...then that's a different story. And if you wantto take it a step further and talk about Eagles and calls...then I'll probably just let you stay at the podium.

But as you said, it's pretty much irrelevant at this point.

Craftsy21:
23ska909red02:
Kayway8:
Ska stop...there were questionable calls for both sides...
Not as major as the calls for the Phillies. The opinions of Rays fans, Phillies fans, Rays haters, and Phillies haters don't count.

I'm none of those 4 things.

And nearly everyone else who is not one of those things agree that both teams got questionable calls (happens in every game, in every sport),, but during the World Series, nearly all of the big time calls that went the wrong way benefited the Phillies.

I will admit I was rooting for the Rays just b/c of their story and I liked their style of play.. and i was pretty casual with following this series.. but i specifically remember 2 or 3 big calls during games 1 and 2 which went the Rays way. So I'm not sure it was as one-sided as you're making it.

But it doesn't matter - don't spoil this for Phils fans by nagging... i remember when you people tried to ruin my steelers SB victory a few years back with nonsense like this. The better team won then and now, as they almost always do when it counts.
Nagging? Go read the first and last things I said in my response about the Phillies winning.
23ska909red02:
Congrats to the Phillies and all of their true fans.
smokin.gif

However I almost feel bad for you guys because of the circumstances surrounding how this World Series ended. And as an unbiased fan (Angels fan), I think you guys had a number of calls in the World Series go your way that were pretty big.

But none of that will change the record books, which will show that you guys are the champions of the 2008 MLB season.
smokin.gif

Repeat:
23ska909red02:
Congrats to the Phillies and all of their true fans.
smokin.gif

However I almost feel bad for you guys because of the circumstances surrounding how this World Series ended. And as an unbiased fan (Angels fan), I think you guys had a number of calls in the World Series go your way that were pretty big.

But none of that will change the record books, which will show that you guys are the champions of the 2008 MLB season.
smokin.gif

Oh, but no one wants to comment on that.
laugh.gif

*edit*
Kayway8:
But as you said, it's pretty much irrelevant at this point.
Thank you. Exactly.
laugh.gif
It's all irrelvant. Y'all arethe champs, point blank, bottom line, end of the 2008 story.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

What do you mean?

If you want to talk about calls, they should have called it a game at the 5th inning. By rule, the Phillies should have won 2-1. The conditions were bad andunplayable.

But the truth of the matter is, IT DOESN'T MATTER
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

my fam are gonna attend the parade
pimp.gif
i'm debating whether or not to skip class and head up to philly for a weekend
smokin.gif

do it, i missed finals during my senior year of high school to attend the 2002 laker parade. i ended up retaking them but you might as well attend theparade, you never know when your team is going to win it again so enjoy it for all its worth, soak it up attend the parade and have a memory to look back onwhen your older.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

my fam are gonna attend the parade
pimp.gif
i'm debating whether or not to skip class and head up to philly for a weekend
smokin.gif

do it, i missed finals during my senior year of high school to attend the 2002 laker parade. i ended up retaking them but you might as well attend the parade, you never know when your team is going to win it again so enjoy it for all its worth, soak it up attend the parade and have a memory to look back on when your older.

YOU HAVE TO GO. If you thought it was crazy tonight, wait til the parade. I already took off of work on friday.

alot of people in philly will be calling in sick to work on friday and comming in with forged doctors notes on monday.

^ I love that about sports, especially championship days. All of a sudden, entire factories and retail stores and what not are full of people with the flu orMunchausen's Syndrome or something.
laugh.gif

My buddy just texted me that since I called out on Friday first, he can't. AHAHAHAAHA

People shouldn't have to come up with an excuse.

good job philly, its not the 'Bowl but itll do for now right? (i think thats what philly really wants tho and the P's are just a current vent fordecades of atheltic impotence)

didnt see one inning of this series but im just glad u manhandled those Tampa Lame Dames where we couldnt.

enjoy it while it lasts thats all ill say. take video, pictures, memoirs, souveniers, memories no doubt ftw

I'm buying all the newspapers tomorrow morning before I head out to work. Gotta savior the moments and front pages.

Alright everybody, I'm headed off to bed or at least trying too. I have work in 5 hours and I need some sort of sleep.

GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first off...

MUTHA BUCKIN PHILLIES FTW

cot damn !!$@ was hype.... i was in the link/citizens bank parking lot gettin faded and it was just ridiculous. u know this philly so it wouldntbe right if there wasnt fights all crazy, people bloody ,my knuckles bloody, bottles flying everywhere, chips and salsa poured out on a toyota camry'strunk, cars flipped, seats ripped out, everything on fire. im just out the car window, throwin up the "1" hype screamin WE THE BEST, losin myself,gettin mad love. People hoppin in each others whips actin funny, white boys dancin on top of light posts, bottles gettin handed to me. Philly def dont know howto act, shuttin !!$@ down. Mobs of ninjas running down broad street for no reason, riot squad out in full effect slammin people for fun. All i know is we gonnacelebrate for the rest of the week.
pimp.gif

Just got back in and I must say, people in the city are absolutely animals. And I love it. I'm so proud of the boys that I'll turn off the hatemeterand won't criticize Charlie Manuel's moves for at least a week.

congrats to the phils.....i love it

not a philly fan but i will love rubbing it in met fans faces....

is it safe to start a mlb offseason thread?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

seriously, its very lame how some of you are trying to take away from the Phillies...

very, very lame.... and im a Mets fan...

Congrats Phillies... we'll see you next spring
QFT

I mean I HATE the Phillies, but give them their dues. they played their butts off.

Next spring the rivalry continues
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Congrats to the Phillies tho, and this is coming from a Braves fan.

But don't worry Atlanta will avenge their woes against Philly next season.
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom