The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Turtles in Time on the SNES was fun because it was very beatable if you played right. I played it recently on my SNES Classic (with hacks). You didn't have to worry about too many cheap kills because an arcade machine needed more quarters.

The arcade version would also be nice to have at home now since you'd have unlimited continues nowadays.

Slow day at the thrift store but I did manage to find one item I’ve been looking for the Wii.

$2 got me a boxed Wii Zapper with the Link “Crossbow Training” game. I YouTubed it a few months back and looks like fun. I have other shooting games so picking the zapper makes sense. And yes, I do know it’s just a hunk of plastic :lol: . Oh! and I picked up another complete Wii Sports game for trades.

(Not my pic)
1612145855416.jpeg

Last edited:

Let’s take NBA Street Vol. 2 out to make it interesting.

Mine would be NCAA March Madness 2004, Live 05, and Live 06.
NCAA 04 - Atmosphere and gameplay
Live 05 - NBA All Star Weekend
Live 06 - Best Gameplay, player specific talents (forgot the official name), best Create a player, and overall depth in a live game.

If I had to just pick one, I’d go Live 06.

Lakers vs Celtics was the 1st game I ever bought with my own money as a kid. Still play it when I have the Genesis home.

-Lakers vs Celtics
-NBA Live 97
-NBA Live 2008 (I still play this one often)

I will just go through and touch on a few of these over time. There have been TOO many EA Sports basketball games that have played a big role in my life.

When NBA Live 95 debuted, it was so groundbreaking compared to what had just came out the year prior. (NBa Showdown (SNES/Genesis) (Two different games though).

That Iso-Metric view was something we hadn't seen since David RObinson's Supreme Court / NBA Action 94.

Stat tracking
Player Ratings
Season Mode

That game was AMAZING at the time.

Just staying with the 16-bit, Live 96 and 97 were cool, 97 came at the tail end of the 16 bit era so it didn't get AS much play from me until way after the fact, but NBA Live 95 was just special.

Back
Top Bottom