The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Got mine for $32 couple yrs ago.

900x900px-LL-66802488_IMG_0209.jpeg

Last edited:
NFL 2K was released on this day in 1999 as part of the Sega Dreamcast launch.

9/9/99 was a big deal. I was 15 years old and remember Sega pulled out all the stops for their launch. Had this thick EGM magazine that had all the info. Read that thing all the time lol.

As far as NFL 2K , it was so ahead of its time when it came out. I remember going into a store just to see how it looked and being so impressed by it. Eventually my brother and I got one and i had it modded. You would start up your console with the disc inside it, once it loaded you took it out while it was still spinning, and was able to put in and play games from regular CD's. Forgot the name of it but it had a reindeer logo...

9/9/99 was a big deal. I was 15 years old and remember Sega pulled out all the stops for their launch. Had this thick EGM magazine that had all the info. Read that thing all the time lol.

As far as NFL 2K , it was so ahead of its time when it came out. I remember going into a store just to see how it looked and being so impressed by it. Eventually my brother and I got one and i had it modded. You would start up your console with the disc inside it, once it loaded you took it out while it was still spinning, and was able to put in and play games from regular CD's. Forgot the name of it but it had a reindeer logo...

The rampant piracy due to the GD bootloader killed off the system. After a short while you didn't even have to swap discs, the games were self-booting. :lol:

SEGA also burned people with how quickly they pulled the plug on the Saturn.

Just got an Analogue Nt from the team that made it. Excited to take it with me and play some NES/Famicom games during my travels!

Back
Top Bottom