The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I want a new Wutang game.

It's been long enough.

I got the PS1 game but it’s just the disc, no manual or back cover. It would be fun to see them bring back the Wu-Tang “W” shaped controller as well. I’ve never seen one in person so I’m assuming it’s rare.

Prices are a hit/miss for the PlayStations that make their way to thrift stores...

Hit : PS2 model with blue controller and all the cables for $20
01F0ABB3-62BF-40E7-999F-C8FD1DA0A4BE.jpeg

Miss: PS1 in the box complete....but it’s still a PS1 and double it’s value for $30
16465840-B5F9-4D06-8842-A31E22B46EEF.jpeg

PS1 complete in box for 30 is still a good deal IMO. People will pay extra for that and it’s an old console. It also shows someone took care of their stuff

PS1 complete in box for 30 is still a good deal IMO. People will pay extra for that and it’s an old console. It also shows someone took care of their stuff
The box is neat to have but I’ve seen unboxed good condition PS1’s at this same store for $10-13 (with Controller and cables).

I’m sure someone will buy it though, it’s a fun system to collect for.

28D6A654-D2A1-4DE7-8088-E829D1BEB138.jpeg

Picked this up today but man.. $534 for a couple games has me debating on returning tomorrow😂 I already know I’m gonna play this every now and then so I’m not sure if the price will be justified for me. Might snag the Legends Ultimate Arcade for same price and it’s more full size and able to upload games from a USB stick.

I really wish they’d bring back the “Road Rash” series. Feels like it would play even better with today’s consoles. Imagine a semi open world, multiple motorbike options and allowing a variety of weapons?

maaaaaaan I played all of the road rash games till my fingers bled. From pc, to sega. With ONE exception. Road rash 64 was HOT GARBAGE.

I really can’t put my finger on why it was so trash. But they tried everything you described. Open world, weapon variety, Harley style motorcycles to the traditional racing style Honda’s. It was a pain to play. I feel like everything would have to go right with the mechanics to make the game a success. Especially because you can basically just PLAY GTA now so there’s nothing that makes beating people on motorbikes that special anymore.

fully agree though, if done right with today’s consoles, I would def be intrigued

calibeebee calibeebee , I agree but I think if you still kept the racing element of the game it could still do great. Thinking about it now....wouldn’t it be funny to implement a “road rage” or “drag race” option in Grand Theft Auto? That **** would be hilarious fighting in traffic over fender benders or racing others in cars you just stole :lol:

RE: Road Rash

Essentially, you will be playing tag in a world that is way too big for anyone to be incentivized to NOT use the enormous world.

I guess it sounds good from a nostalgic POV, but I don't see how it would be properly implemented without keeping it 2K to a degree or at least FORCING users to remain on the same plane during battle.

maaaaaaan I played all of the road rash games till my fingers bled. From pc, to sega. With ONE exception. Road rash 64 was HOT GARBAGE.

I really can’t put my finger on why it was so trash. But they tried everything you described. Open world, weapon variety, Harley style motorcycles to the traditional racing style Honda’s. It was a pain to play. I feel like everything would have to go right with the mechanics to make the game a success. Especially because you can basically just PLAY GTA now so there’s nothing that makes beating people on motorbikes that special anymore.

fully agree though, if done right with today’s consoles, I would def be intrigued
calibeebee calibeebee , I agree but I think if you still kept the racing element of the game it could still do great. Thinking about it now....wouldn’t it be funny to implement a “road rage” or “drag race” option in Grand Theft Auto? That **** would be hilarious fighting in traffic over fender benders or racing others in cars you just stole :lol:

calibeebee calibeebee TURBO UNO TURBO UNO there's 'Road Redemption' on the PS4/XOne which is better than 'Road Rage' that was released earlier on the same platforms. The former is better than the latter but both aren't quite great tbh.

As someone that played a ton of Road Rash 2 & 3, especially the Split Screen mode that ran at an abysmal frame rate - I think that genre of game hasn't aged quite well. To an extent they benefited from the 16-bit limitations of the era - smaller 'closed circuit' tracks, lack of variation between motorcycles, etc...

The problem now is that 'Kart' racers and sandbox/open-world games with vehicles have sort of made Road Rash and games like Carmageddon, Twisted Metal, Interstate '76, etc... redundant.

Back
Top Bottom