the thread about nothing...

I let people in.

I don't have an ego when it comes to that.

If you sit back and think about WHY you don't want to let them in, it is ALL ego/pride.

It isn't that serious. Nobody is going to laugh at you and say, "AHhhhh you got punked."

Let the dude in. Doesn't matter HOW/WHY he is trying to get in
It's nots about pride...It's teaching that douche that you have to wait just like everyone else. Be considerate.

I am going through that exact thing on my route home from work now. 2 lanes running south, one is closed for about 2 miles. When I see *******s playing the right (closed) lane to bypass traffic I sit in both lanes so they wait just like everyone else. They don't do **** but slow down the traffic even more.

Has nothing to do with getting punked at all. People need not be *******s.

What is Fouseytube ?

I don’t want to see the vids. Cliff notes ?
thats buzz lightyear
scalp-micropigmentation-regrets-youtuber.png

Buzz_Lightyear_Face_Mask_buy_Toy_Story_star_masks_at_starstills__74419__27563.1394515401.450.659.jpg

Even still, let those people in. They clearly need to get somewhere in more of a hurry than I do.. Let them in.

Ain't worth the energy NOT letting them in
If they're in that much of a hurry then they should have left their place earlier. It's not even about pride, it's the principle. We all had to wait, what makes you so special that you can just cut in?

It's nots about pride...It's teaching that douche that you have to wait just like everyone else. Be considerate.

I am going through that exact thing on my route home from work now. 2 lanes running south, one is closed for about 2 miles. When I see *******s playing the right (closed) lane to bypass traffic I sit in both lanes so they wait just like everyone else. They don't do **** but slow down the traffic even more.

Has nothing to do with getting punked at all. People need not be *******s.
Yea, you are speaking on Pride/Ego.

You just are refusing to admit it.

Everything you just spoke on had to do with how YOU feel based on what you been through and how he "shouldn't feel that he can get away with it."

Yea Pride.

It is just a spot in line. Not that serious

the whole teaching that person a lesson thing is wrong. Youre making urself angry over someone elses driving. youre saying that person should be driving this way and youre only frustrating yourself. Just overall not good, not worth the energy, and also not a big deal either

If its an obvious merging situation and someone is trying to beat traffic, I am not being nice about it.
If it's a natural change of lanes I absolutely will slow down and let the person in. Different situations...one person isn't behaving like their time is more valuable than mine.

If they're in that much of a hurry then they should have left their place earlier. It's not even about pride, it's the principle. We all had to wait, what makes you so special that you can just cut in?
That is true as well. BUt I won't get in the way of them getting where they need to get to.

They aren't special at all. Neither am I, so just let them in. It won't hurt anything other than your ego

the whole teaching that person a lesson thing is wrong. Youre making urself angry over someone elses driving. youre saying that person should be driving this way and youre only frustrating yourself. Just overall not good, not worth the energy, and also not a big deal either
I only get angry when they get in front of me...which is why i don't let them over...anger avoided.

Yea, you are speaking on Pride/Ego.

You just are refusing to admit it.

Everything you just spoke on had to do with how YOU feel based on what you been through and how he "shouldn't feel that he can get away with it."

Yea Pride.

It is just a spot in line. Not that serious
Uhh...feelings that are personal go beyond one's just pride.

how you get frustrated over not letting someone in? all i do is laugh and shake my head... dont sound like i get frustrated :lol:

If its an obvious merging situation and someone is trying to beat traffic, I am not being nice about it.
If it's a natural change of lanes I absolutely will slow down and let the person in. Different situations...one person isn't behaving like their time is more valuable than mine.
1000%.

but ur worrying about now getting infront of that person instead of chillin. in the back of your mind youre saying " i cant let this dude get infront of me" instead of relaxing and being like no big deal, people just drive how they want to drive. No need to upset or exert yourself from thinking "this person should be driving like this and not like that"

I don't blame you for not letting person in

It annoys me when someone cuts the line and yes you are right, ppl cutting lines is how you cause traffic

but ur worrying about now getting infront of that person instead of chillin. in the back of your mind youre saying " i cant let this dude get infront of me" instead of relaxing and being like no big deal, people just drive how they want to drive. No need to upset or exert yourself from thinking "this person should be driving like this and not like that"
Funny I can't feel people should drive with respect for everyone but you can suggest what I should think about my driving situations.

Nah bruh.

Bingo

Bingo

Bingo

Getting angry while driving shouldn't happen. I don't recall ever being angry at a stranger because of something happening on the road.

I am highly defensive as a driver, so I expect folks to not know how to drive.

Letting folks in is just another form of being on the defensive end

I never complied
The last few times we hung out: pizza ($20), museum (free), program potluck (free)

Also, when we were getting pizza, dude tried to order a $20 spaghetti dish (Italian restaurant)
He always mentioned wanting to bring food back to his family (5 brothers/sisters)
I admire that, but not on my dime -- I told him I'm spending time with him, not feeding his family

I just suggested meeting his family this time around
The other mentors usually meet their mentees' families after a few months
But I haven't met his yet

Do you know anything about this organization? Was thinking about sponsoring a child, but wanted to make sure it was legit (ie. the majority of the donation was going to the child)

https://www.savethechildren.org/

That is true as well. BUt I won't get in the way of them getting where they need to get to.

They aren't special at all. Neither am I, so just let them in. It won't hurt anything other than your ego
Sounds like the type to just let somebody cut you in line but alright man, do you. Imma look out for you when I'm in DC cuz I know I can leave my place at the last minute and you'll help me get to where I need to be on time no matter the traffic conditions.

I
Not if you have no connection to the person you are in battle with.

It is a stranger that you want to TEACH A LESSON to.

That is ego/pride.

It shouldn't hurt you to simply admit that
I have no issue being wrong or admitting it.

Your idea of my feelings are misplaced. It has nothing to do with wanting to show someone up. It has to do with showing someone right.

Sounds like the type to just let somebody cut you in line but alright man, do you. Imma look out for you when I'm in DC cuz I know I can leave my place at the last minute and you'll help me get to where I need to be on time no matter the traffic conditions.
While in a CAR, I am the type of person that will just let someone cut in line.

I have been saying that from the jump.

I don't take it as an insult at all.

I

I have no issue being wrong or admitting it.

Your idea of my feelings are misplaced. It has nothing to do with wanting to show someone up. It has to do with showing someone right.
And that isn't your EGO talking?

You are going to sit here and say YOU feeling the NEED to teach a STRANGER a LESSON isn't your ego in play?

Cool

Letting somebody merge in at the last minute cuz they don't feel like waiting like the rest of us is pushover mentality.

Back
Top Bottom