The Tyler Perry conundrum

say what yall want, I wont argue, just DONT TALK BAD ABOUT MEET THE BROWNS cuz thats that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by richiecotite

He makes movies that cater to his audience, no different than Michael Bay. The only real issue i have with him are his portrayals of educated blacks, specifically, educated women, as being manipulative, greedy, uncaring and sometimes downright evil.

!!!! Thought it was just me!!!!!

Originally Posted by richiecotite

He makes movies that cater to his audience, no different than Michael Bay. The only real issue i have with him are his portrayals of educated blacks, specifically, educated women, as being manipulative, greedy, uncaring and sometimes downright evil.

!!!! Thought it was just me!!!!!

I really don't like Tyler Perry at all. I feel like he attempts to push out an uplifting message in his films, but I always feel like he makes black dudes look BAD in a lot of his movies.

I really don't like Tyler Perry at all. I feel like he attempts to push out an uplifting message in his films, but I always feel like he makes black dudes look BAD in a lot of his movies.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

say what yall want, I wont argue, just DONT TALK BAD ABOUT MEET THE BROWNS cuz thats that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

this had me rollin...

son laid it out plain and simple... say what you want... just not about meet the browns... lol...

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

this had me rollin...

son laid it out plain and simple... say what you want... just not about meet the browns... lol...

Hes there so we can understand how great spike lee is. That is all!!

Hes getting a lot of black actors jobs that arent the wayans bros. "kanye shrug" How often do you see movies that are predominately black and arent about some gangster stuff? He's showing some successful blacks characters that you dont normally get to see in hollywood.

Ive only seen the two marriage movies he made and they were alright.

Hes there so we can understand how great spike lee is. That is all!!

Hes getting a lot of black actors jobs that arent the wayans bros. "kanye shrug" How often do you see movies that are predominately black and arent about some gangster stuff? He's showing some successful blacks characters that you dont normally get to see in hollywood.

Ive only seen the two marriage movies he made and they were alright.

Spike Lee is o.k. some of his movies were suspect. We have yet to have a great black director yet................

Spike Lee is o.k. some of his movies were suspect. We have yet to have a great black director yet................

--I dont have any strong opinion on dude.
--The only movie I've seen of his is Madea Goes To Jail. It was pretty funny. Haven't seen any of his shows.

--I was surprised to see him in last year's Star Trek though. That was so random considering.

--The only movie I've seen of his is Madea Goes To Jail. It was pretty funny. Haven't seen any of his shows.

--I was surprised to see him in last year's Star Trek though. That was so random considering.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

cosign. I was like %+% that's tyler perry

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

cosign. I was like %+% that's tyler perry

i agree with the people who bring up movies like menace II society and other violent movies. those movies dont get hate but ty;er perry's does. i havent watched any of his films but i do watch some of his tv shows and maybe there are some corny aspects but to say all his stuff is "stereotypical" is reaching

i agree with the people who bring up movies like menace II society and other violent movies. those movies dont get hate but ty;er perry's does. i havent watched any of his films but i do watch some of his tv shows and maybe there are some corny aspects but to say all his stuff is "stereotypical" is reaching

Back
Top Bottom