The U.... vol. Death Penalty?

Alot of the things being said about Shapiro sound familiar to the things that were being said about Canseco.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

You better believe that come September 5th these boys are going to be running through that smoke with a chip on their shoulders, they're going to have that "us against the world" attitude.

You saying that week 1 Jacory only gonna throw 2 INTS and not his usual 3? 

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

You better believe that come September 5th these boys are going to be running through that smoke with a chip on their shoulders, they're going to have that "us against the world" attitude.

You saying that week 1 Jacory only gonna throw 2 INTS and not his usual 3? 
Ill take either one of our QBs over that bum who came from my high school 100 years ago!

Dude doesnt even show our program any love! He lucky he was surrounded by true talent to make him look good on film

But he
pimp.gif
at baseball
laugh.gif

What college athlete sans Chris Webber ever pays back money they got in college? Thats just bad business and these boosters who think they get any respect for paying these guys are dumb. Its one thing if Jaws is handing you a stack and he is a pro QB at the time he does it. Its another thing of a random alum is handing you the money.
I got another question. If your a pro football player isnt a guy like this someone you fear? Honestly If Im one of these pros why in the world would I support a guy who took money out of the hands of the type of people that pay my salary. Not to mention if I were actually this guy's friend and he decided to tell me to "invest" and I lost a signifigant portion of my money.
At this point I'm so tired of the NCAA I wouldnt mind a 64 team segnment or seperate organization of schools that paid their athletes.

Welp....

August 17, 2011

Golden: 'I'm as surprised as you are'Miami coach Al Golden speaks on the allegations regarding booster benefits during previous seasons.

James Bryant, a former University of Miami linebacker now playing defensive line for the BC Lions in the Canadian Football League, is the third Hurricanes player to claim he doesn't know troubled former booster Nevin Shapiro.

Bryant, 25, is among the group of current and former players named by Shapiro in a Yahoo! Sports story that claims Shapiro provided them illicit benefits in violation of NCAA rules. Bryant joins Miami Dolphins tight end Dedrick Epps and Dolphins guard Vernon Carey in not only denying the charge, but claiming they don't even know Shapiro.

"At end the of the day, I don't even know this guy Nevin, so it's like how do you throw somebody's name into something and they don't even know who you are?" Bryant said via telephone Wednesday night from Vancouver.

"If he walked by me on the street I wouldn't even know who he was."

Bryant played at UM from 2005-07, and eventually transferred to Louisville. He's also played for the Orlando Predators of the Arena Football League and dabbled in professional boxing, where he trained under former heavyweight champions Michael Moorer and Oliver McCall.

Shapiro, on an audio link in the Yahoo! story, says he bought Bryant drinks at nightclubs, among other things.

Bryant, who is from Reading, Pa., said there's no chance he went to a club with teammates and Shapiro picked up the tab.

"I have no problem getting on the phone and talking to anybody and letting anybody and everybody know, whether it be through Twitter or Facebook, that I don't even know this guy," Bryant said. "And at the end of the day I never hung out with football players at the University of Miami. I went to practice, went to class, hung out with them in the locker room, went home."

http://www.foxsportsflori...ockID=549822&feedID=6920

Hits keep on coming. #Leggggoooo

No they won't.

Remember when the USC stuff came out and people tried to claim it was nothing. How'd that turn out?

There's a few claims that aren't going to be correct of course. But what about the other 200 parts of the story?

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

As of now...there's only one person on record confirming of Shapiro's accusations. Everything else is anonymous and off the record. Last I checked....the word of a convicted con artist and some anonymous sources who aren't willing to go on record weren't enough to prove guilt or wrongdoing. 
You are acting as if the NCAA has a due process,
laugh.gif
.  With the NCAA you are guilty until you are proven innocent.  We all swore we weren't going to get tagged 'cause in four years of investigating USC's football program, they couldn't legitimately link Reggie Bush to Lloyd Lake/Michael Michaels.  They couldn't, all they had was heresay, ONE phone call between Lloyd Lake and Todd McNair (USC RB Coach) that was two minutes long and a blurry picture of Lloyd Laker, Big Worm and McNair.

Nothing else, and Paul Dee and his gang climbed their high horse and flung mud...along with sanctions.

You want to be in denial, go ahead, but you sound delusional.  At least we had the sense of invicibility when the NCAA was handing out wrist slaps.  Rampant cheating at Oklahoma and FSU got slap on the wrist, all of a sudden our case came to fruition and they decided to lay down the hammer.  NCAA completely backed themselves into a corner.  The best thing about this is that the NCAA has taken a beating in the media for the sham that it is.

Former players who played for UM, and even other school are coming out left and right to say it's BS. People who have no ties to UM and who have nothing to lose or gain by this story.

What do you think they are going to say?
laugh.gif

This story is the best thing to ever happen to Charles Robinson. Who the hell knew who Charles Robinson was before today? He's been all over TV and radio today because of this. He has person interest in this story because it's making him famous. Shapiro scammed 900 million out of a bunch of rich, smart business men. Fooling some dumb Yahoo reporter would be light work for him.
He may be new to you, but if you follow CFB investigative journalism you know who Charles Robinson is.  In fact, he dropped a hint that he had a story that was a "10" and that it would drop in August.  He had CFB message boards buzzing with who it was.  Frankly, no one saw Miami.  Everyone had money on Auburn finally being exposed.  At least I did.

So just because you don't know who Charles Robinson is, don't make it seem like he is a "no-namer".  He is well known within inner circles for breaking these type of stories.

And these aren't just "denials". The facts are finally coming to light. If Shapiro is claiming photos of him and players were taken during 2003 while they were still in school, and the picture was actually taken in 2005 that's not a denial....that's a fact that proves the allegation to be false.

Seriously, log off.  The NCAA is at a cross roads right now.  They have to save face, they can't go light.  This is the wrong time to be on the wrong side of an NCAA investigation.  We are a measuring stick now.  I can post links of numerous articles that have been published by different sources stating that there is no way the NCAA can turn it's back on this, and frankly it's because of the AD that was running Miami at the time... Paul Dee.

You didn't even know who Paul Dee was and how he related to USC's sanctions?  Stop reading puff pieces and read some national publications.

Seriously though, don't mean it as an insult, log off, take a walk, let it sink in.  Take it from someone that's been there,
wink.gif

I was born in Miami, raised in Miami, and I currently live in Miami (Coral Gables to be exact). I've been a fan of this team my entire life, I was only 11 years old when we played Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl but I remember crying my eyes out when the refs took that title away from us. I remember when we would consistently be in the title race, only to lose 1-2 games and have to settle for beating Florida State in the Orange Bowl. I remember when we moved to the ACC and we were always 1 game away from winning the conference. I remember the Peach Bowl when we were getting slaughtered by LSU and ended up picking a fight with them, that was the beginning of the end of our prominence. I remember the pain I felt when we got blown out by Virginia in the last game at the Orange Bowl. But none of those things top this and what I would feel if this program got axed. I had always dreamed of attending this school, and when people say that we're one big family here they aren't lying, I experience it everyday. I'm only a sophomore, but I think it's safe to say that it's going to be a very long time until I witness the prominence that I witnessed as a little boy.

Iron man riding miami jock......hop off cowboy.....you dont know much about futbol son

When DOESN'T Miami have a chip on their shoulder?  %%@! gonna be no different on 9/5. 

ooIRON MANoo wrote:

And these aren't just "denials". The facts are finally coming to light. If Shapiro is claiming photos of him and players were taken during 2003 while they were still in school, and the picture was actually taken in 2005 that's not a denial....that's a fact that proves the allegation to be false.

Seriously, log off.  The NCAA is at a cross roads right now.  They have to save face, they can't go light.  This is the wrong time to be on the wrong side of an NCAA investigation.  We are a measuring stick now.  I can post links of numerous articles that have been published by different sources stating that there is no way the NCAA can turn it's back on this, and frankly it's because of the AD that was running Miami at the time... Paul Dee.

You didn't even know who Paul Dee was and how he related to USC's sanctions?  Stop reading puff pieces and read some national publications.

Seriously though, don't mean it as an insult, log off, take a walk, let it sink in.  Take it from someone that's been there,
wink.gif

How are you going to tell me I don't know who Paul Dee was? Seriously...!%@%. Just stop responding to me. Now you're talking out of your *%!. 

Why did the NCAA take so long to formally announce an investigation?

This story broke at least 6 months ago, if not almost a year ago. It was right when he was indicted that he started running his mouth and threatened to write a book about it.

Some of it could be made up or indulged, but enough of it is true, and enough evidence is out their where you will be $$$**%.

homie doin 20 years in the joint, all those players that he helped out, turned thier backs on him, his hate is warranted. Miami will get hit hard, but no death penalty

Dude is in jail, the only thing these players or anybody else for that matter can do for him is visit him in jail at best.  Other than that Shapiro is going to have to spend his days in jail alone by himself.  That's just the way it works.  He put himself in jail, that's on him.

The guy is a professional liar.

There it is.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

When DOESN'T Miami have a chip on their shoulder?  %%@! gonna be no different on 9/5. 

I hope so, cause I'm going to be right there in the stands at Byrd Stadium to watch my Canes smash Maryland.
pimp.gif

Miami Hurricanes Scandal: 'Little Discussion' On Using Death Penalty, According To Report
Aug
10:41a
by Scott Schroeder

READ MORE: miami scandal, miami hurricanes scandal, miami penalties, Miami Hurricanes

The Miami Hurricanes scandal has taken quite a few twists and turns in the days since the public was made aware of Nevin Shapiro and all of the issues that came with him. Fortunately for fans of the Hurricanes, however, it seems that the school will be able to avoid the "death penalty" and other serious consequences.

The NCAA's vice president for enforcement, Julie Roe Lach, spoke to the New York Times on Wednesday regarding possible penalties. Though she wasn't allowed to speak directly about Miami considering it is an open and active case, she did note that there has been little discussion regarding the most serious penalties possible.

"I have not heard it turn much to television bans or the death penalty," Lach told the Times. "The majority of the ideas or support I keep hearing relate toward suspensions or postseason bans being the most powerful."

The Times reports that the television ban hasn't been handed down to a major program in 15 years while the "death penalty" was last enforced with Southern Methodist University as ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary series highlighted earlier this year.

The reason the television ban isn't considered an option is that it would hurt all of the ACC schools that weren't involved in the Miami scandal.

"The problem with a television ban is that you penalize a conference of which they are a member, and you penalize all the schools that have contracts with them," David Swank, former chairman of the N.C.A.A. Committee on Infractions, told the Times.

So it seems, at worst, the Hurricanes will lose a bevy of scholarships and be subject to postseason bans. Considering the alternatives, that can probably be chalked up in the win column for the 'Canes.

http://www.sbnation.com/2...apiro-ncaa-death-penalty

Back
Top Bottom