the Vans thread...

I’m looking to grab both these vaults with a code

C6215E9C-38DE-494A-A8C8-0BC73DBC0BDC.png

Was out in LA last months. Everyone out there wears Vans. Saw a few J’s here and there but Vans were everywhere.
Gonna get me some black SK8 hi’s or mids they just go great with anything you wear. Also looking to pickup some slip ons with graphics. Do y’all size up on slip ons? What are vault models?

Was out in LA last months. Everyone out there wears Vans. Saw a few J’s here and there but Vans were everywhere.
Gonna get me some black SK8 hi’s or mids they just go great with anything you wear. Also looking to pickup some slip ons with graphics. Do y’all size up on slip ons? What are vault models?

I stay TTS on slip ons but I've only had the vault ones so I can't say the same for the pros or normal ones.

Vault models have better materials, a better shape (my opinion), a thicker rubber sole, a leather heel, usually no foxing stripe, a different graphic on the heel plate... They're worth the price difference to me.

As for the guy that asked about if resale is worth it on the marshmallow old skools, I don't think so. The quality of the rubber sole sucks. It's not like the rest of the vault line. Retail however definitely is, I think they're due a restock pretty soon. I'd wait it out .

I go TTS on slip ons and deal with the heel slip. if i go down theyre too tight on the top of the foot

I wear thin no-shows, so .5 down on GR slip-ons and a full size down on LX/Vaults for me. Like always, each foot is different. With Vans, particularly Vaults, even though they fit length wise, I still have slippage at my heal with some pairs (Air Max 93s, too). I can have the same model, just different colorway and they fit me different at times. Ironically, the GR Vans fit me best. Can't think of 1 pair of Vans I own that are TTS. And again, I wear thin no-show socks, not tube socks, so that changes that fit in some cases. I also don't have wide feet either.

Anyway, every place has Vans, they're ubiquitous these days. You're best off rolling up to Foot Locker or pretty much any store in the mall for that matter to try them on yourself. Hell, the military exchanges sell them. Even the small ones that look like a convenience store. I'm not speaking in hyperbole either. In San Diego, I can get gas, grab a drink, and a pair of Vans at the exchange lol. And in regard to Vaults, it's their "premium label" and they're more challenging to find since they're not everywhere like their GRs. The link below will show some stores that carry Vaults.

https://www.vans.com/vault-main.html

I wear thin no-shows, so .5 down on GR slip-ons and a full size down on LX/Vaults for me. Like always, each foot is different. With Vans, particularly Vaults, even though they fit length wise, I still have slippage at my heal with some pairs (Air Max 93s, too). I can have the same model, just different colorway and they fit me different at times. Ironically, the GR Vans fit me best. Can't think of 1 pair of Vans I own that are TTS. And again, I wear thin no-show socks, not tube socks, so that changes that fit in some cases. I also don't have wide feet either.

Anyway, every place has Vans, they're ubiquitous these days. You're best off rolling up to Foot Locker or pretty much any store in the mall for that matter to try them on yourself. Hell, the military exchanges sell them. Even the small ones that look like a convenience store. I'm not speaking in hyperbole either. In San Diego, I can get gas, grab a drink, and a pair of Vans at the exchange lol. And in regard to Vaults, it's their "premium label" and they're more challenging to find since they're not everywhere like their GRs. The link below will show some stores that carry Vaults.

https://www.vans.com/vault-main.html

I was just thinking about it recently, how all my years in school and college that I don’t remember seeing anyone wear a pair of vans. This is NY from 1990-2013. The skater kids would wear airwalks, dvs, etnies, element, dc, and all the other skate brand sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom