THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

Originally Posted by home skillet biscuit

Good to see you following this show to Ellison. Hope all is well with your health my dude!
My man! Nikki was just telling me that we like the same things in music, TV, shoes, movies 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And yeah I'm a lot better now. Been done with radiation therapy for a month now. Hope you're doing well, too.

And to the other guy that thanked me for the link, no problem man. I'm glad you got through the season so quickly.

Some of the polarizing comments in here about Mad Men has me wanting to check it out 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by home skillet biscuit

Good to see you following this show to Ellison. Hope all is well with your health my dude!
My man! Nikki was just telling me that we like the same things in music, TV, shoes, movies 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And yeah I'm a lot better now. Been done with radiation therapy for a month now. Hope you're doing well, too.

And to the other guy that thanked me for the link, no problem man. I'm glad you got through the season so quickly.

Some of the polarizing comments in here about Mad Men has me wanting to check it out 
nerd.gif

So I'm sitting here halfway through the first season of Justified wondering whether I should bother reading the comics until after the summer and it dawns on me. Timothy Olyphant would've been ridiculously better as Riick Grimes.

So I'm sitting here halfway through the first season of Justified wondering whether I should bother reading the comics until after the summer and it dawns on me. Timothy Olyphant would've been ridiculously better as Riick Grimes.

Just finished knocking out the first two seasons in a week. It was cool checking up on the back pages of this thread while I was bored to see the discussions but had to stopped because of all the comic-book spoilers people were just too loose with
laugh.gif
  I admit the middle part of season 2 kinda dragged and when I put on my boy to this show, I'll probably skip those eps
laugh.gif
  Either way, CANNOT wait for season 3 and to see mystery samurai chick whip @#%
pimp.gif

Just finished knocking out the first two seasons in a week. It was cool checking up on the back pages of this thread while I was bored to see the discussions but had to stopped because of all the comic-book spoilers people were just too loose with
laugh.gif
  I admit the middle part of season 2 kinda dragged and when I put on my boy to this show, I'll probably skip those eps
laugh.gif
  Either way, CANNOT wait for season 3 and to see mystery samurai chick whip @#%
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Timothy Olyphant could replace a lot of actors who play the main character on tv shows. He's just that good of an actor
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Didn't know Justified had it's own comic.

Yall gotta stop with the Mad Men hate
laugh.gif
Real spit, without that show AMC might not even have the money to support having other story driven shows on their channel. If you're going to give the show a chance at least watch the first season in it's entirety before you decide you hate it. Don !*%#%%@ Draper
pimp.gif

Timothy Olyphant could replace a lot of actors who play the main character on tv shows. He's just that good of an actor
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Didn't know Justified had it's own comic.

Yall gotta stop with the Mad Men hate
laugh.gif
Real spit, without that show AMC might not even have the money to support having other story driven shows on their channel. If you're going to give the show a chance at least watch the first season in it's entirety before you decide you hate it. Don !*%#%%@ Draper
pimp.gif

^ To touch upon other actor choices. I don't know if anyone else has seen "The Road"....but after I saw it the other day I really thought Viggo Mortensen would have made a pretty good Rick Grimes.

^ To touch upon other actor choices. I don't know if anyone else has seen "The Road"....but after I saw it the other day I really thought Viggo Mortensen would have made a pretty good Rick Grimes.

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Originally Posted by shogun

never heard of the comic but looking forward to the premiere.
the trailer reminded me of 28 Days.  guy waking up in a hospital alone, not knowing what happened.  was the beginning of 28 Days an homage to that?

according to the writer of the walking dead, it was all done by accident. I can't find the quote but I'm sure he said that.

According to stuff I've read the waking up in the hospital part was a true coincidence but it does make for convenience that in order to avoid the end of the world and the ensuing chaos what better way than to wake up from an induced coma?

As for the other poster who thinks Viggo Mortensen would have made a good Rick Grimes... imagine the Aragorn/Rick Grimes LOTR/TWD mashups/memes....

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Originally Posted by shogun

never heard of the comic but looking forward to the premiere.
the trailer reminded me of 28 Days.  guy waking up in a hospital alone, not knowing what happened.  was the beginning of 28 Days an homage to that?

according to the writer of the walking dead, it was all done by accident. I can't find the quote but I'm sure he said that.

According to stuff I've read the waking up in the hospital part was a true coincidence but it does make for convenience that in order to avoid the end of the world and the ensuing chaos what better way than to wake up from an induced coma?

As for the other poster who thinks Viggo Mortensen would have made a good Rick Grimes... imagine the Aragorn/Rick Grimes LOTR/TWD mashups/memes....

I think he would have done a great job as Shane as well.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Have you seen The Crazies? He was pretty much the same character.

Have you seen The Crazies? He was pretty much the same character.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Another good actor but he may have been a bit too dark going off the movie you're referencing. He'd be good as Rick Grimes a bit later down in the story. I think it was already mentioned/discussed in here but The Road depressed the hell out of me given the hypothetical situation (still a really good movie) and Viggo was a huge part of that.

I'm guessing AMC and the ppl casting TWD decided it'd be best to go with an unknown for the most part. They usually do that with most of their shows or pick good actors not known for the type of work they end up getting the role for. I know I would've never thought Malcom's dad would've been this great at being Walter White/Heisenberg.

laugh.gif
See what I mean, dude is that good. Got me thinking of him as Shane now too. I bet if he gets the right kind of accent and grows a handlebar mustache he'd be a great Governor too.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Another good actor but he may have been a bit too dark going off the movie you're referencing. He'd be good as Rick Grimes a bit later down in the story. I think it was already mentioned/discussed in here but The Road depressed the hell out of me given the hypothetical situation (still a really good movie) and Viggo was a huge part of that.

I'm guessing AMC and the ppl casting TWD decided it'd be best to go with an unknown for the most part. They usually do that with most of their shows or pick good actors not known for the type of work they end up getting the role for. I know I would've never thought Malcom's dad would've been this great at being Walter White/Heisenberg.

laugh.gif
See what I mean, dude is that good. Got me thinking of him as Shane now too. I bet if he gets the right kind of accent and grows a handlebar mustache he'd be a great Governor too.

Mad Men is a dope show, period. I started watching it from season 1 on Netflix and its good. I prefer breaking bad then walking dead then mad men but if I had a Sunday with all 3 shows on I'd be a shut in

Mad Men is a dope show, period. I started watching it from season 1 on Netflix and its good. I prefer breaking bad then walking dead then mad men but if I had a Sunday with all 3 shows on I'd be a shut in

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yea, that makes sense. And it was my first time seeing "The Road", definite co-sign, movie depressing as $@%. Yet, somehow, I thought it was still very good.

On another note, the actress who plays Maggie is American, but raised in the UK and when I heard her in an interview with a British accent I was like
eek.gif

embarassed.gif
smokin.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yea, that makes sense. And it was my first time seeing "The Road", definite co-sign, movie depressing as $@%. Yet, somehow, I thought it was still very good.

On another note, the actress who plays Maggie is American, but raised in the UK and when I heard her in an interview with a British accent I was like
eek.gif

embarassed.gif
smokin.gif
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom