Things you hate while eating at a restaurant Vol. Man Im parched

For some reason my friend wanted to eat dinner at Serendipity 3 at Caesers Palace for her birthday.

The waitress was the absolute worst I have ever had.

She forgot to bring out orders of drinks/entrees completely, and when my friend asked to cancel it she said thats not possible and said 10 more minutes, never came and she finally said sorry and removed it on our bill.

My friend's fiance timed the waitress' response time (the time an action occurred after we asked for it) and it averaged 15 minutes.  This includes refills of water or something as simple as asking for more utensils.

The place is small and has 6 waitress for about 18 tables.  It was not close to full.

The worst part?  18% gratuity was MANDATORY due to our group being 8 people.

For some reason my friend wanted to eat dinner at Serendipity 3 at Caesers Palace for her birthday.

The waitress was the absolute worst I have ever had.

She forgot to bring out orders of drinks/entrees completely, and when my friend asked to cancel it she said thats not possible and said 10 more minutes, never came and she finally said sorry and removed it on our bill.

My friend's fiance timed the waitress' response time (the time an action occurred after we asked for it) and it averaged 15 minutes.  This includes refills of water or something as simple as asking for more utensils.

The place is small and has 6 waitress for about 18 tables.  It was not close to full.

The worst part?  18% gratuity was MANDATORY due to our group being 8 people.

Originally Posted by kuNASTY88

people who don't at least attempt to pick up the tab

word my friends dad invited us out to eat and when the waitress brings the check he just looks at it and keeps talking until like 40 minutes later when I was like you wanna split it? and he goes yeah 
indifferent.gif
 It wasnt just those oh lets get something to eat together dealios either, homeboy invited us out in the way that implies its on him 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by kuNASTY88

people who don't at least attempt to pick up the tab

word my friends dad invited us out to eat and when the waitress brings the check he just looks at it and keeps talking until like 40 minutes later when I was like you wanna split it? and he goes yeah 
indifferent.gif
 It wasnt just those oh lets get something to eat together dealios either, homeboy invited us out in the way that implies its on him 
indifferent.gif

Hey guy I don't give a damn what your name is just bring me my food.
I don't care if that's the daily special, I came here to get what I want you idiot. Whatchu think I came here not knowing what I wanted to order? F outta here.
Oh that would complement my meal? Naw I'll pass go get me some free bread sticks.

I don't care if that's the daily special, I came here to get what I want you idiot. Whatchu think I came here not knowing what I wanted to order? F outta here.
Oh that would complement my meal? Naw I'll pass go get me some free bread sticks.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Damn...I wonder how times your food has been spit in or f'd with,I guarantee your meals get messed with if thats the attitude u bring to the restaurant, i dont get how people can honestly feel like thiswho u think u are ? O and like pol said earlier if u cant tip stay home cook yourself...ive never worked in the hospitality industry but knowing several people that do it's def not ez and elitist customers like some of y'all only make it harder

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Damn...I wonder how times your food has been spit in or f'd with,I guarantee your meals get messed with if thats the attitude u bring to the restaurant, i dont get how people can honestly feel like thiswho u think u are ? O and like pol said earlier if u cant tip stay home cook yourself...ive never worked in the hospitality industry but knowing several people that do it's def not ez and elitist customers like some of y'all only make it harder

NT's are cheap

The seating situation. You said "not being seated where you prefer". If you're a regular and TIP well, then you will get seated at your usual seat. if you're one of those randoms that come once a month and leave a 2 dollar tip, then no we wont remember where you sit and will give you a random one

If you don't want to tip then don't go to a restaurant, just get take out and eat that @$* at home.

NT's are cheap

The seating situation. You said "not being seated where you prefer". If you're a regular and TIP well, then you will get seated at your usual seat. if you're one of those randoms that come once a month and leave a 2 dollar tip, then no we wont remember where you sit and will give you a random one

If you don't want to tip then don't go to a restaurant, just get take out and eat that @$* at home.

ginzo, id spit on your food without hesitation.

i've worked in a restaurant when i was younger so i can tell you that if you come with an attitude, yes, you are paying, but do not expect much. but i can tell you that if you are nice to the waiter/waitresses, they will more than go out of their way to fill up your cup. so, it goes both ways. try working in that industry and you will understand why you are serviced so and so.

but what irritates me, and i have friends that do this also, is people that have to super customize their order. it will more than half the time come out wrong.

ginzo, id spit on your food without hesitation.

i've worked in a restaurant when i was younger so i can tell you that if you come with an attitude, yes, you are paying, but do not expect much. but i can tell you that if you are nice to the waiter/waitresses, they will more than go out of their way to fill up your cup. so, it goes both ways. try working in that industry and you will understand why you are serviced so and so.

but what irritates me, and i have friends that do this also, is people that have to super customize their order. it will more than half the time come out wrong.

- When I can hear someone slurp a noodle or a soup. It's 'check please' instantly. I lose my +@@#.
- Kids running around
- Failure to split up checks when asked to
- Lack of Campari
- Lack of bleu cheese-stuffed olives in dirty martinis

- When I can hear someone slurp a noodle or a soup. It's 'check please' instantly. I lose my +@@#.
- Kids running around
- Failure to split up checks when asked to
- Lack of Campari
- Lack of bleu cheese-stuffed olives in dirty martinis

the only thing that grinds my gears is when my drink reaches what I call "the danger zone" (liquid level is low) and then proceeds to sit empty for a while....

the only thing that grinds my gears is when my drink reaches what I call "the danger zone" (liquid level is low) and then proceeds to sit empty for a while....

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

when theirs about 6-7 people and several have water, i can not stand to see a waiter just put a pitcher of water on the table. i came to the restaurant to be served, not to pour my own drinks.  soon as that happens, tip is instantly gone.
this guy went straight to medieval rules....."serve me you peasant!"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i can imagine dude
indifferent.gif
the waiter and the waiter

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

when theirs about 6-7 people and several have water, i can not stand to see a waiter just put a pitcher of water on the table. i came to the restaurant to be served, not to pour my own drinks.  soon as that happens, tip is instantly gone.
this guy went straight to medieval rules....."serve me you peasant!"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i can imagine dude
indifferent.gif
the waiter and the waiter

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Damn, some of you people are too full of yourselves.

They're waiter/waitresses, not personal slaves.

I tip 30% everytime (unless you're super good, it goes up). Only thing that bothers me is my glass being empty for too long.

They're called waitors or servers, what the #$*% else are they supposed to do, sing and dance a little jig for your entertainment? It's what they are there for, to serve or wait on you.

And why do so many of you try to split the bill? Just tell your waiter everybody separate.

Getting male waiters

like someone said when babies are all looking at you and reaching for you and their parents don't do anything. I hit them with the ghostface so they start crying and turn their #+# around

when they mess up your order. It's like well you can't really send it back because it's well established douchebags will probably mess with it so if you wanted your steak rare and they cooked it well or vice versa, you;re kind of just out of luck and will have to just eat the vegetables then stop by McDonald's on the way home

People who loiter in the restaurant too long. Like when I go out with some friends or something and we are all done eating in 20 minutes but they want to hang out and talk for another hour and I don't really want to be there that long, but you also look like an %%!$ dipping out early.

When your drink gets empty enough the ice starts to melt so now when they refill it, it's going to be nasty and watered down

tipping

damn near everything, why I rarely go

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Damn, some of you people are too full of yourselves.

They're waiter/waitresses, not personal slaves.

I tip 30% everytime (unless you're super good, it goes up). Only thing that bothers me is my glass being empty for too long.

They're called waitors or servers, what the #$*% else are they supposed to do, sing and dance a little jig for your entertainment? It's what they are there for, to serve or wait on you.

And why do so many of you try to split the bill? Just tell your waiter everybody separate.

Getting male waiters

like someone said when babies are all looking at you and reaching for you and their parents don't do anything. I hit them with the ghostface so they start crying and turn their #+# around

when they mess up your order. It's like well you can't really send it back because it's well established douchebags will probably mess with it so if you wanted your steak rare and they cooked it well or vice versa, you;re kind of just out of luck and will have to just eat the vegetables then stop by McDonald's on the way home

People who loiter in the restaurant too long. Like when I go out with some friends or something and we are all done eating in 20 minutes but they want to hang out and talk for another hour and I don't really want to be there that long, but you also look like an %%!$ dipping out early.

When your drink gets empty enough the ice starts to melt so now when they refill it, it's going to be nasty and watered down

tipping

damn near everything, why I rarely go

Back
Top Bottom