Thinkin about getting a dog. Any suggestions?

I'll only buy from a rescue or shelter. Look online to see if there are any specific breed rescues in your area. You'd be surprised what pops up in shelters or rescues. Top notch looking dogs. I love all dogs but would never pay breeder price when other dogs need the help

I'll only buy from a rescue or shelter. Look online to see if there are any specific breed rescues in your area. You'd be surprised what pops up in shelters or rescues. Top notch looking dogs. I love all dogs but would never pay breeder price when other dogs need the help

Originally Posted by smlb52

Boxers are amazing dogs....grew up with that breed, been around them my whole life 

this will be my first dog in a long time. can you give me pros and cons of this breed.

and dos and dont.

are they needy?

Boxers are amazing dogs....grew up with that breed, been around them my whole life 

this will be my first dog in a long time. can you give me pros and cons of this breed.

and dos and dont.

are they needy?

Originally Posted by Put em up

and dos and dont.

are they needy?

Maybe Ill help 
tongue.gif

Best breed in the world. Once you get a boxer you will never want anything else. Thats what happend with me 
laugh.gif

They are highly energetic and need to spend a lot of time with the owner. If not they might be hard to handle and get depressed if you dont have time to spend with the dog. They might be a bit stubborn, but if you had dogs before yous hould know how to handle them. If not you can always ask for professional help before it gets too late. Male might be a bit dominant if you give them too much freedom and let them do whatever they want, but thats what happens with most bigger dogs. If you have guests coming home with you a boxer will want all the attention and will do anything to get a hug 
laugh.gif
 But if someone entered my house without me my dog would probably react and try not to let that happen.

My dog is usually submissive towards other dogs and dont cause any fights, but knows when to react when something goes wrong. My moms was in the park with her and she was just running around when an angry lab came running towards my mother with his teeth shown and ready to bite. My dog stopped him at about 20 feet away and never let him come any closer blocking the way with her body all ready to fight if the other dog would still want to come closer. They would do anything for the family and absolutely LOVE children. My dog would never budge and children could do absolutely anything with her. Just a couple weeks ago had a young boy about 3 years old curl, cuddle and all with her on grass. That was the first time she met this kid and after a couple of seconds she was absolutely his best friend 
laugh.gif

If theres anything else you would like to know just let me know.

My dog, btw:

8c97fe0776e9.jpg

0bb3b825fc91.jpg

and dos and dont.

are they needy?

Maybe Ill help 
tongue.gif

Best breed in the world. Once you get a boxer you will never want anything else. Thats what happend with me 
laugh.gif

They are highly energetic and need to spend a lot of time with the owner. If not they might be hard to handle and get depressed if you dont have time to spend with the dog. They might be a bit stubborn, but if you had dogs before yous hould know how to handle them. If not you can always ask for professional help before it gets too late. Male might be a bit dominant if you give them too much freedom and let them do whatever they want, but thats what happens with most bigger dogs. If you have guests coming home with you a boxer will want all the attention and will do anything to get a hug 
laugh.gif
 But if someone entered my house without me my dog would probably react and try not to let that happen.

My dog is usually submissive towards other dogs and dont cause any fights, but knows when to react when something goes wrong. My moms was in the park with her and she was just running around when an angry lab came running towards my mother with his teeth shown and ready to bite. My dog stopped him at about 20 feet away and never let him come any closer blocking the way with her body all ready to fight if the other dog would still want to come closer. They would do anything for the family and absolutely LOVE children. My dog would never budge and children could do absolutely anything with her. Just a couple weeks ago had a young boy about 3 years old curl, cuddle and all with her on grass. That was the first time she met this kid and after a couple of seconds she was absolutely his best friend 
laugh.gif

My dog, btw:

8c97fe0776e9.jpg

0bb3b825fc91.jpg

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Get a bull terrier 
pimp.gif

bull_terrier_h03.jpg

I miss my bull terrier, b@#!h @$s ppl who stoled him. Man those dogs are hard to find here in houston.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Get a bull terrier 
pimp.gif

bull_terrier_h03.jpg

I miss my bull terrier, b@#!h @$s ppl who stoled him. Man those dogs are hard to find here in houston.

I'm just as partial to pits, retrievers, labs, shepherds, and huskies like most of NT. But I must say...
This is all you need OP:
Welsh Corgi Pembroke 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

229809551_9387069001.jpg

I'm just as partial to pits, retrievers, labs, shepherds, and huskies like most of NT. But I must say...
This is all you need OP:
Welsh Corgi Pembroke 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

229809551_9387069001.jpg

Ballin all day wrote:

smlb52 wrote:

and dos and dont.

are they needy?

Maybe Ill help 
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

My dog, btw:

8c97fe0776e9.jpg

0bb3b825fc91.jpg

pics wont show

man i truly appreciate it.

Ballin all day wrote:

smlb52 wrote:

and dos and dont.

are they needy?

Maybe Ill help 
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

My dog, btw:

8c97fe0776e9.jpg

0bb3b825fc91.jpg

pics wont show

man i truly appreciate it.

I was just reading up on dogs yesterday and from what I read they require a lot of discipline. Article also said most people have trouble with dogs because they treat a dog as if they're a human.

Does anyone have an recommendations for dogs that would be better suited to apartment life? Not one of those small girly looking dogs either.

Back
Top Bottom