thinking of becoming a mason...

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--My dad is one, has been since 1988 as long as I can remember.
--From my knowledge I think you have to be invited to be one/join them.
--Dont quote me on that though.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--My dad is one, has been since 1988 as long as I can remember.
--From my knowledge I think you have to be invited to be one/join them.
--Dont quote me on that though.

so did you mean FREEmason or [stone/brick] mason? if you meant [stone/brick] mason, ask away at me, my dads been one for 30 years.
smile.gif

so did you mean FREEmason or [stone/brick] mason? if you meant [stone/brick] mason, ask away at me, my dads been one for 30 years.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

^masons are people that work with stone.

freemasons is an organization and from what i see, it's just the same principle of stone work just free of physical stone.
huh

Originally Posted by Wr

freemasons is an organization and from what i see, it's just the same principle of stone work just free of physical stone.
huh

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Originally Posted by Wr

huh
like instead of applying the principles solely to stonework/ cutting/ architecture, the principles are applied to people and life instead.  So say since George Washington is a freemason, the stone he could have been working with would be considered the building of the nation.
Mason's are the people who cut and lay stone from the guy who is a contractor on houses and buildings, to the mason who from old times actually did stone work that we still plunder over ( ancient ruins like pyramids around the world, and places like angkor wat)

This is kinda like what was being discussed in the other threads about simulation and symbols. What people actually present as a image for a symbol actually creates the meaning for one. That's why any time the term mason comes up, people automatically conjure up thoughts of secret societies and boogieman type of things. because it was the definition provided to you.

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Originally Posted by Wr

huh
like instead of applying the principles solely to stonework/ cutting/ architecture, the principles are applied to people and life instead.  So say since George Washington is a freemason, the stone he could have been working with would be considered the building of the nation.
Mason's are the people who cut and lay stone from the guy who is a contractor on houses and buildings, to the mason who from old times actually did stone work that we still plunder over ( ancient ruins like pyramids around the world, and places like angkor wat)

This is kinda like what was being discussed in the other threads about simulation and symbols. What people actually present as a image for a symbol actually creates the meaning for one. That's why any time the term mason comes up, people automatically conjure up thoughts of secret societies and boogieman type of things. because it was the definition provided to you.

- i was given an application years ago but never filled it out.

....then a hand was reached out to me a few months ago while seeking enlightenment on the Moors. idk..........maybe i will, maybe i wont. i just dont see why i should need/want to?

....then a hand was reached out to me a few months ago while seeking enlightenment on the Moors. idk..........maybe i will, maybe i wont. i just dont see why i should need/want to?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

[Ben Stiller]Do it[/Ben Stiller] But forreal, my dad is one. He went through the process during his first few years in the military. He said it's worth it but it's hard work. Harder than pledging any college or other fraternity.

[Ben Stiller]Do it[/Ben Stiller] But forreal, my dad is one. He went through the process during his first few years in the military. He said it's worth it but it's hard work. Harder than pledging any college or other fraternity.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

........again i ask: "i just dont see why i should need/want to?"

- ive always been told organizations like these need you more than you need them......including frats
nerd.gif

- ive always been told organizations like these need you more than you need them......including frats
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Well if you have to ask that question you're not ready. I would recommend researching first and finding out who you might know that is a member and I'm sure they'll give you some insight.

nerd.gif

Well if you have to ask that question you're not ready. I would recommend researching first and finding out who you might know that is a member and I'm sure they'll give you some insight.

Back
Top Bottom