Third look/Comparison CDP IV vs '99 Retro

The shape is off but not that off. They do kind of look fake, but if he compared these to a pair of fakes then everyone could tell the difference.

Well like I've always felt the older IVs look stubby on the toe box and look like some stubby DC skate shoes, and this video only reinforces that feeling.

he sounded like he didn't know anything. of course you will notice the material difference, but he forgot to mention the angle of the netting on the sideis different. it seems like the only ones really complaining are the ones that had them back in the day.

homie even copped a pair and he didn't even know if they are wearable or not.

on the real though, the only ones that are complaining are the die hards of these BLACK/RED IV's. once these release the ones that have the retroes thatwill actually rock them will be the one's being called rockin' fakes cuz everyone wouldn't know what's really up......

screw it! i'll just be rockin' one of my 3 pairs of cement retroes since those colorways are my real grails. now if gentry messed with the cements iwould really have to hunt him down and slap the foo'!

damn, the 08 IVs look like clown shoes with the big ol toe. im still coppin though. smh at me and JB

the toes looks long as hell and its a 8.5. I can only imagine how a sz 13-14 would look like
eyes.gif

my take on it is that i seriously dont understand how brand Jordan intends to maintain its integrity and customer loyalty, while upholding the legacy of theseshoes if when they drop they find someway of ruining it. i mean that toebox is waaay off. i mean yea they say they cant fully replicate the shape because theydont have original molds or wutever, but cmon... how many engineers does nike/jordan have? you tellin me the the largest sports company which promises todeliver the best uncompromised goods cant even eyeball the shape of a shoe to realize its off?? smh. these and the cement iii's are like my most soughtafter shoes, and i must say i am seriously disappointed. and by the looks of it, they're probably gonna find a way to ruin those iii' comin out laterthis year. thank you JB for being the grinch who who stole christmas....

thanks for puttin it down sneak, you should cop some fakes and do a comparison video with the 08, see if anyone can even tell the difference

I guess i will do another comparison pics,other then this one, when i get the 4s...and ima get them 1-2 months earlier depending when they get them across theseas....but mine,4s, are NDS and not DS.
Peace!

Thanks for the vid sneakgeekz.

But as others have said this confirms to me how crucial it is i get my hands on a pair of 99's before the price sky rockets even further.

Such a shame JB couldn't do a good job on these, i would have bought 4 pairs without thinking if they were better.

That looooooooooong toebox throws the whole shoe off.

The netting is all wrong and some of the panels make them look fake.

JB could have nailed the whole campaigned with this shoe, but they choose the cheap option once again...

^...if anything the price will go down...just like the 9s in the other package,14-9,....why you think out of the nowhere flightclub started selling all their9s+people selling their own 9s on fc....the price went down because supply went up for that shoe because it was more expensive and no one was willing to buyit,thus demand went down, since the people that aren't 'shoe-heads' saw that the 9s are almost alike...so they went with the cheaper
version...causing a demand for the 9,in the 14-9package,and making the price for that shoe go up 20-50 bucks.

Well i think im right at least....Just MO of course not to be taken that seriously,since i am no business major or anything just took a class back in the day.
Peace!

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

he sounded like he didn't know anything. of course you will notice the material difference, but he forgot to mention the angle of the netting on the side is different. it seems like the only ones really complaining are the ones that had them back in the day.

on the real though, the only ones that are complaining are the die hards of these BLACK/RED IV's. once these release the ones that have the retroes that will actually rock them will be the one's being called rockin' fakes cuz everyone wouldn't know what's really up......

screw it! i'll just be rockin' one of my 3 pairs of cement retroes since those colorways are my real grails. now if gentry messed with the cements i would really have to hunt him down and slap the foo'!

I just want ask, why is it not possible for a "die hard of these BLACK/RED IV's" to actually like the '08 retros? I have OG black/redIV's (beaters) and DS '99 retro IV's and I don't have that much of a problem with these "major" differences that everyone is talkingabout.

I don't care at all who thinks what of my shoes. I love J's... period. I rock what I like. If people like what I wear... cool. If not... whocares?? I like the black/red IV's. If they aren't EXACTLY like the OG's or '99 retros, I don't care. I have those already and I'mhappy I'll finally have a black/red IV that I can actually wear.

I don't post on here much anymore since I haven't bought Jordans in a while. I just got to say this is sad! Jordans coming out now days are bad badbad! When I heard the 4's were coming out again I prayed they would not mess them up. Will they put Nike Air on the back? I'm sure everyone hoped butprobably thought it wasn't possible. WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE THEM THE SAME AS THE 99 VERSION????? The 2008 shoes in the video are terrible! They look likefakes to me. I could tell they were bad at first glance. I'm sure they wont be as comfortable either. I have a pair of 2000 V's and some 2007 V's.The 2000 version is so much better! You can tell the materials used are better quality and they are sooooo much more comfortable! Same thing with the 3's.The 1994 version is so nice! But you cant wear them anymore because they will crumble! I guess we have to expect from now on that Jordans just aren't whatthey once were. It's too bad really. Jordans were the best shoes for awhile. I also hate the idea of packs. If I want a pair of IV's I dont wantanother pair to go with it I don't want and pay over $300. I dont even know if that's the price, it may be more! In my opinion Fakes have ruined JordanBrand. Fakes had the Jumpman before Jordan Brand did. Did they get the idea from Fakes? And good luck getting a legit pair on Ebay. You can hardly tell thedifference between Fakes and legit Jordans. Why do people keep buying these terrible Jordan Brand Shoes? Some of you probably don't understand because youare too young. But if you could have put you foot in a pair of 1988 Jordan III's with butter soft leather you would understand.

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

he sounded like he didn't know anything. of course you will notice the material difference, but he forgot to mention the angle of the netting on the side is different. it seems like the only ones really complaining are the ones that had them back in the day.

on the real though, the only ones that are complaining are the die hards of these BLACK/RED IV's. once these release the ones that have the retroes that will actually rock them will be the one's being called rockin' fakes cuz everyone wouldn't know what's really up......

screw it! i'll just be rockin' one of my 3 pairs of cement retroes since those colorways are my real grails. now if gentry messed with the cements i would really have to hunt him down and slap the foo'!

I just want ask, why is it not possible for a "die hard of these BLACK/RED IV's" to actually like the '08 retros? I have OG black/red IV's (beaters) and DS '99 retro IV's and I don't have that much of a problem with these "major" differences that everyone is talking about.

I don't care at all who thinks what of my shoes. I love J's... period. I rock what I like. If people like what I wear... cool. If not... who cares?? I like the black/red IV's. If they aren't EXACTLY like the OG's or '99 retros, I don't care. I have those already and I'm happy I'll finally have a black/red IV that I can actually wear.
It is possible, you ARE that person, but its also quality that is the issue. If your happy about paying that much money for a shoe that is basically anexact replica of a fake sold on ebay for 60 bucks then something is wrong with you. If you havent purchased any recent retro's you won't understanduntil you drop 310 for these and put them on and walk in them, you can feel how cheap and flimsy they are just holding them, IMO you just feel ripped off,especially since the 99 and 01 retro's were so inexpensive and made with 50 times better quality than this garbage

^^^ There would only be something wrong with me if I HATED the CDP IV's and STILL bought them. I have no issue with them. If you think there is somethingwrong with me because I like them, there is something wrong with you. It's a matter of opinion.

I agree, the quality is not what it used to be. I have the MARS IV's and the retro military blue IV's. I can see the difference. It's just not thatbig of a deal to me. I'm not wearing them to play ball in as I did in high school back in 1989. I'm just using them to walk around in. I couldn'tcare less about the slant of the mesh or the jumpman on the heel or the length of the toe box. All I know is that they are not going to fall apart whileI'm walking down the street. So, for ME... just speaking for me... they look close enough to what I wore to play ball in 1989, so I will buy and wear themshame-free. If I want to reminisce about how the shoe used to look EXACTLY... I'll go to my closet and pull out my OG's or my '99 retros.

Plus, I'm 34 years old... I don't have any peers that will slam me for the shape of my shoe. None of my friends can even understand why I have so manyshoes, nor can they rap their heads around the fact that a pair of shoes, like my OG carmine VI's are worth a lot of money. I buy my J's for the sheerpleasure of owning them. I haven't bought shoes to impress anyone for about 18-20 years
laugh.gif

^^ Yes, you are right, it's a matter of opinion. Usually it's a young dude that doesn't care about the quality. I'm surprised it's an oldguy (I'm old too, 34 as well) that doesn't have a problem with the quality. But it's fine if you don't have a problem. However, wouldn'tyou rather have them better? Wouldn't you rather have the quality and comfort like they were in the old days? You are paying more money for a shoe that hasbad quality. If you had to choose wouldn't you like that Jumpman replaced with Nike Air? That Nike Air was a big part of the beauty of the shoe in myopinion. I would say that about the 3's, 4's and 5's.

^^^^^Word. I haven't bought a pair of shoes to really impress anyone for a while and I'm only 22yrs old. I haven't copped a CDP yet b/c I'mwaitin for a pack that has two shoes that I actually want. Time changes things and people are complainin about the evitable. The material, shape, quality isall gonna change in everything that is made. if these shoes did not have any predecessors then they would have the best shape i.e. the XX-XX3. All those whodon't want the IV's sell em on ebay or PM me if you have them in a 11.5 I'll cop from you for the last retro IV price
happy.gif
laugh.gif

Great video...not very pleased with the 08' version...the 99 just looks beautiful with the material and overall shape of the shoe!

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

I just want ask, why is it not possible for a "die hard of these BLACK/RED IV's" to actually like the '08 retros? I have OG black/red IV's (beaters) and DS '99 retro IV's and I don't have that much of a problem with these "major" differences that everyone is talking about.

I don't care at all who thinks what of my shoes. I love J's... period. I rock what I like. If people like what I wear... cool. If not... who cares?? I like the black/red IV's. If they aren't EXACTLY like the OG's or '99 retros, I don't care. I have those already and I'm happy I'll finally have a black/red IV that I can actually wear.

to me these are off from what the iv's actually were when they dropped back then. just wait until you actually get these cdp iv's in your hand. i've been sick of jb's quality (especially with the iv's) long enough to know these will be the worst version of a retro hands down. the ashynubuck is just killin it especially. even for you to have the retros you will know even more that jb is sinking their own ship and leaving all of us withoutany lifevests.....

Back
Top Bottom