This is the OFFICIAL Dallas Cowboys "Offseason" Thread

i'd love to have Hall back there in our secondary. Two top flight Safeties instead of Garbage *+$ Anthony Henry. Hell, I wish Aaron Glenn was still here. Iswear for the last 4 or so years the Cowboys have had problems with their secondary and RB's yet never address it in the draft. At worst we should at leasthave Steven Jackson instead of Julius jones wasting away.

We signed Zach?

Ill be honest, I never liked the guy. But now, Im going to have to support him.

The Cowboys let cornerback Jacques Reeves get to free agency despite the fact he started 13 games and played pretty well at times. Reeves has set up visits with the Saints, Rams, Chiefs and Texans.

The Texans gave this sucker 5yrs 20mil. I guess cats don't watch the same games we were watching cause I surely didn't think boy was that good.

The Texans gave this sucker 5yrs 20mil.
NOOOO.
roll.gif

I don't think Jerry Jones knows what he wants. One year he hires Wade Phillips, less than 365 days later he's on the bubble to be replaced.
indifferent.gif
Iremember Phillips going to Dallas saying he was gracious for the opportunity to head coach again and even though I couldn't give a damn about Dallashonestly...he helped them at least get back to the playoffs.

Dallas is just an underachieving team. I know the Tony Romo fans are some of the most happy people out there all NFL season when the Cowboys are doing good butthey have a very good offense and a solid D to make a good season happen next year.

Dallas fans in general are way too nitpicky....give Phillips a break. He aint the reason they lost in the playoffs I can assure you of that.

Dallas offered MB3 a $30 million contract and he turned it down. Reports are he's looking in the range of a $40-$60 million contract

Originally Posted by jmause3

Dallas offered MB3 a $30 million contract and he turned it down. Reports are he's looking in the range of a $40-$60 million contract

He deserves it. Give that boy like $20 mill guaranteed.

lets keep everything cowboys in the official offseason thread ... mods can do there little cool mergy thing if they want

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I don't think Jerry Jones knows what he wants. One year he hires Wade Phillips, less than 365 days later he's on the bubble to be replaced.
indifferent.gif
I remember Phillips going to Dallas saying he was gracious for the opportunity to head coach again and even though I couldn't give a damn about Dallas honestly...he helped them at least get back to the playoffs.

Dallas is just an underachieving team. I know the Tony Romo fans are some of the most happy people out there all NFL season when the Cowboys are doing good but they have a very good offense and a solid D to make a good season happen next year.

Dallas fans in general are way too nitpicky....give Phillips a break. He aint the reason they lost in the playoffs I can assure you of that.
When was this? I dont remember that, this is wade's first full year right or am i buggin?

Colin Cowherd's talking about Pac-Man and the draft with Tony Dorsett right now. Tony noted Pac-Man's issues and the fact that Dallas certainly hassome places where he can get in trouble, Colin replies: "Having Pac-Man in Dallas is like having a person with weight issues working in a doughnutfactory." lol

Tony seems to speak highly of him though. He's on right now: http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=theherd

For some odd reason we traded akin ayodele and anthony fasano to the dolphins for the 1st pick ... ... ... ... .... ....... in the 4th rd ... what is jerrydoing?

I'd go Ware, James/Thomas, Burnett, Ellis from left to right, but I know that won't happen. Burnett needs to be on the field more, though.

Then there's Spencer. You could put him on the line opposite Canty with Ratliff or Tank in the middle and completely blackball Spears.

I don't know; there are a ton of combinations we can go with. Mostly, I'd like to see a lot more Burnett.

They'll go like this in the front 7 come the start of the season...

Ware - James - Thomas - Spencer
Ratliff - Johnson - Canty

Burnett will stay in the nickel package for now, until he can prove he'll stay healthy and on the field. He'll take over for Zach at some point,though. Spears is a damn good run stuffer, so he'll still see the field a ton. But with that contract you just gave the Rat, you gotta move him back andoutside and start him. Rat will probably shift to NT on passing downs, and Hatcher will come in for replace him at DE...

The Cowboys front 7 has a ton of depth right now, but they need to draft another NT to take some pressure off Tank. Rubin Ahtyba or Red Bryant tomorrow in the3rd/4th rounds...

Back
Top Bottom