This needs to be discussed

If you have a pair of limited/in demand shoes that people are willing to pay X amount of dollars for you would be a fool to sell it for substantially less than current market price. Its supply vs. demand. Nothing else. If there is less of an item than the number of people who want that item; prices will ALWAYS rise. And continue to rise unless peoples intrest ceases (not likely if the item is limited to begin with) or someone discovers a warehouse with a bunch of old stock (also not likely, but it has happened).

You see this in any kind of colectible market. Take for example the 87 Buick GNX compared to the 87 Buick Grand National. Two nearly identical cars with the exception of a ceramic turbo, fender accents, and modified suspension, But a GN with less than 10k miles averages about $20,000 whereas a GNX with unders 10k miles will take in almost $100,000. The incredible demand is due to the GNX being limited to less than 600 units and the fact that the car was a collaboration (sound familiar ie UNDFTD x Jordan & Supreme x Nike) between ASC McLaren and General Motors.

People need to quit getting so butt sore when they want something that they cant afford. Either save your money and buy it when you can afford to do so, or spend less money on a less desirable items.

you're not exactly courting intelligent responses with your vitriol

i hope you took the opportunity to read what i wrote above

you're not exactly courting intelligent responses with your vitriol

i hope you took the opportunity to read what i wrote above

Originally Posted by adtheone

Looking at some of the remarks thus far helps me realize why the culture has went to crap. To tell someone to, "get their bread up" is a statement of ignorance. I assure you money is not the issue sir 160jordansdeep. People this is not a rant it is a discussion that should strike some intelligent thoughts on the topic.

Elcerrito91,
I am definitely not new to this culture sir, I have been around doing this for a minute now. Evidently you could not comprehend my post and therefore were unable to make a intelligent response based on that. I will give you something that will help you get through life alot easier; look /listen, comprehend, think, respond if you apply these steps to life you will succeed. You missed the boat on your response period!
if you have been in it for awhile, you would know why the shoes are so valuable. you would know everything you brought up especially the stuff about quality complaints and the reason why Nike doesnt charge resale price for retail. BTW, its not Nike charging the prices, its the stores. Nike makes its money not from us, but from shops when they order.
I'm with ohdannyboy as well.      

Looking at some of the remarks thus far helps me realize why the culture has went to crap. To tell someone to, "get their bread up" is a statement of ignorance. I assure you money is not the issue sir 160jordansdeep. People this is not a rant it is a discussion that should strike some intelligent thoughts on the topic.

Elcerrito91,
I am definitely not new to this culture sir, I have been around doing this for a minute now. Evidently you could not comprehend my post and therefore were unable to make a intelligent response based on that. I will give you something that will help you get through life alot easier; look /listen, comprehend, think, respond if you apply these steps to life you will succeed. You missed the boat on your response period!
if you have been in it for awhile, you would know why the shoes are so valuable. you would know everything you brought up especially the stuff about quality complaints and the reason why Nike doesnt charge resale price for retail. BTW, its not Nike charging the prices, its the stores. Nike makes its money not from us, but from shops when they order.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

if one offers substantially less than what the market commands,
then it is called lowballing

it has nothing to do with the original retail price
I ask again what sets the market value, the individual or a system. If the later does than show/explain to me the system. 

Oh and by the way I am not "criticizing" anyone, we are adults so lets think before we speak on something and respond with intelligent responses.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

if one offers substantially less than what the market commands,
then it is called lowballing

it has nothing to do with the original retail price
I ask again what sets the market value, the individual or a system. If the later does than show/explain to me the system. 

Oh and by the way I am not "criticizing" anyone, we are adults so lets think before we speak on something and respond with intelligent responses.

the collectors/ people who buy the shoes, set the market price afterall they are the ones paying the price. the market price is the average of all the sales...isnt that common sense by now?

the fact that you say I'm wrong clearly shows that you DO NOT know your %!+% when it comes to what we do....when did you start collecting man?

People selling shoes is nothing new btw, so I dont know why you're upset about it anyways. Just curious as to why you made the initial post.

STOP SAYING "YOU MISSED THE BOAT/ POINT" AND GIVE US YOUR OPINION... SO WE CAN GIVE OURS ON WHAT YOUR OPINION OF "THE POINT" IS

the collectors/ people who buy the shoes, set the market price afterall they are the ones paying the price. the market price is the average of all the sales...isnt that common sense by now?

the fact that you say I'm wrong clearly shows that you DO NOT know your %!+% when it comes to what we do....when did you start collecting man?

People selling shoes is nothing new btw, so I dont know why you're upset about it anyways. Just curious as to why you made the initial post.

STOP SAYING "YOU MISSED THE BOAT/ POINT" AND GIVE US YOUR OPINION... SO WE CAN GIVE OURS ON WHAT YOUR OPINION OF "THE POINT" IS

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Elcerrito91,
Once again you have missed the ship man let it go.

Elcerrito91,
Once again you have missed the ship man let it go.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

If you have a pair of limited/in demand shoes that people are willing to pay X amount of dollars for you would be a fool to sell it for substantially less than current market price. Its supply vs. demand. Nothing else. If there is less of an item than the number of people who want that item; prices will ALWAYS rise. And continue to rise unless peoples intrest ceases (not likely if the item is limited to begin with) or someone discovers a warehouse with a bunch of old stock (also not likely, but it has happened).

You see this in any kind of colectible market. Take for example the 87 Buick GNX compared to the 87 Buick Grand National. Two nearly identical cars with the exception of a ceramic turbo, fender accents, and modified suspension, But a GN with less than 10k miles averages about $20,000 whereas a GNX with unders 10k miles will take in almost $100,000. The incredible demand is due to the GNX being limited to less than 600 units and the fact that the car was a collaboration (sound familiar ie UNDFTD x Jordan & Supreme x Nike) between ASC McLaren and General Motors.

People need to quit getting so butt sore when they want something that they cant afford. Either save your money and buy it when you can afford to do so, or spend less money on a less desirable items.

You also sir have missed the whole point.

You also sir have missed the whole point.

Sir, the average of all sales from who, was there a case study done that shows the pricing of all sales of a particular shoe. Anyone can tell you what they sold a shoe for but is it true, who is collecting the market research to set a market value on a item?

Elcerrito91,
oh i believe your the person that low balled me for the CDP 6's if i'm not mistaken but i could be wrong
this so called "culture' has been this way for the past 8 years

sure back in the 1990's there was never a BIG resell after market or anything like this at all

if you want to pay retail for a in demand for a shoe you got to go back in time or find a seller thats desperate for cash

or you gotta pay 2 play or better yet sir your in the wrong hobby if you dont want to pay a after market price 

this culture is about cash plain and simple 

just look at nikes box price for the shoes we all buy 

Sir, the average of all sales from who, was there a case study done that shows the pricing of all sales of a particular shoe. Anyone can tell you what they sold a shoe for but is it true, who is collecting the market research to set a market value on a item?

Elcerrito91,
oh i believe your the person that low balled me for the CDP 6's if i'm not mistaken but i could be wrong

sure back in the 1990's there was never a BIG resell after market or anything like this at all

if you want to pay retail for a in demand for a shoe you got to go back in time or find a seller thats desperate for cash

or you gotta pay 2 play or better yet sir your in the wrong hobby if you dont want to pay a after market price 

You ask what sets the market price....  THE BUYER!!!

The buyer always sets the price because in the end it is his decision to spend the money. I dont know how many times it can be said SUPPLY vs. DEMAND!!!  If you dont understand it yet; I suggest you spend some of the money that has changed you on a business course at your nearest community college.

The buyer always sets the price because in the end it is his decision to spend the money. I dont know how many times it can be said SUPPLY vs. DEMAND!!!  If you dont understand it yet; I suggest you spend some of the money that has changed you on a business course at your nearest community college.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Elcerrito91,
oh i believe your the person that low balled me 

sure back in the 1990's there was never a BIG resell after market 

if you want to pay retail for a shoe you got to go back in time 

I want everyone to see what I have highlighted and underlined in this gentlemans staement. Is this what it has come to?

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Elcerrito91,
oh i believe your the person that low balled me 

sure back in the 1990's there was never a BIG resell after market 

if you want to pay retail for a shoe you got to go back in time 

I want everyone to see what I have highlighted and underlined in this gentlemans staement. Is this what it has come to?

@160, I know I told him the same thing, he just doesnt get it.....dude, why does it matter so much? Seriously, if you want the shoes for a fair price then go on FCNY and buy them....thats market price....I wanna see what he says to that, then I'll give him the correct answer. Do you know what FCNY is?

What 160 said is true though, either accept or move on. If you want shoes for cheap then buy them when they drop.

DUDE, LOWBALL REFERS TO OFFERING A LOWER PRICE THAN RESALE VALUE (MARKET PRICE), if you have a pair going for 300 and someone offers you 150 then you wouldnt take it right? WHY DONT YOU GET WHAT WE DO, IF YOU ARE A COLLECTOR AND HAVE BEEN INTO SNEAKERS? SERIOUSLY ANSWER THAT QUESTION MAN

@160, I know I told him the same thing, he just doesnt get it.....dude, why does it matter so much? Seriously, if you want the shoes for a fair price then go on FCNY and buy them....thats market price....I wanna see what he says to that, then I'll give him the correct answer. Do you know what FCNY is?

What 160 said is true though, either accept or move on. If you want shoes for cheap then buy them when they drop.

DUDE, LOWBALL REFERS TO OFFERING A LOWER PRICE THAN RESALE VALUE (MARKET PRICE), if you have a pair going for 300 and someone offers you 150 then you wouldnt take it right? WHY DONT YOU GET WHAT WE DO, IF YOU ARE A COLLECTOR AND HAVE BEEN INTO SNEAKERS? SERIOUSLY ANSWER THAT QUESTION MAN

Sir, if that was true than a person would not be considered "lowballing" when he offers a above retail price for a product you are selling.

Sir, if that was true than a person would not be considered "lowballing" when he offers a above retail price for a product you are selling.

Back
Top Bottom