This needs to be discussed

Originally Posted by adtheone

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Looking at some of the remarks thus far helps me realize why the culture has went to crap. To tell someone to, "get their bread up" is a statement of ignorance. I assure you money is not the issue sir 160jordansdeep. People this is not a rant it is a discussion that should strike some intelligent thoughts on the topic.

Elcerrito91,
I am definitely not new to this culture sir, I have been around doing this for a minute now. Evidently you could not comprehend my post and therefore were unable to make a intelligent response based on that. I will give you something that will help you get through life alot easier; look /listen, comprehend, think, respond if you apply these steps to life you will succeed. You missed the boat on your response period!
oh i believe your the person that low balled me 
this so called "culture' has been this way for the past 8 years

sure back in the 1990's there was never a BIG resell after market 

if you want to pay retail for a shoe you got to go back in time 

or you gotta pay 2 play or better yet sir your in the wrong hobby if you dont want to pay a after market price 

this culture is about cash plain and simple 

just look at nikes box price for the shoes we all buy 

I want everyone to see what I have highlighted and underlined in this gentlemans staement. Is this what it has come to?
its always been like this highlight is all you want 
knock yourself out 

there are people on e-bay trying to move a pair of air force made at the nike id store in nyc for 50 k 

now you tell me if this so called culture is not about money 

i sold a pair of jordans to a reseller a few years back for $2500.00 and that same reseller sold the shoes for another $2000.00 on top of that 

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

the collectors/ people who buy the shoes, set the market price afterall they are the ones paying the price. the market price is the average of all the sales...isnt that common sense by now?

the fact that you say I'm wrong clearly shows that you DO NOT know your %!+% when it comes to what we do....when did you start collecting man?

People selling shoes is nothing new btw, so I dont know why you're upset about it anyways. Just curious as to why you made the initial post.
Sir, the average of all sales from who, was there a case study done that shows the pricing of all sales of a particular shoe. Anyone can tell you what they sold a shoe for but is it true, who is collecting the market research to set a market value on a item?

@160, I know I told him the same thing, he just doesnt get it.....dude, why does it matter so much? Seriously, if you want the shoes for a fair price then go on FCNY and buy them....thats market price....I wanna see what he says to that, then I'll give him the correct answer. Do you know what FCNY is?

What 160 is true though, either accept or move on. If you want shoes for cheap then buy them when they drop. 

Sir, FCNY does not set the market price they are a consignment based store. They are basically a reseller.

Looking at some of the remarks thus far helps me realize why the culture has went to crap. To tell someone to, "get their bread up" is a statement of ignorance. I assure you money is not the issue sir 160jordansdeep. People this is not a rant it is a discussion that should strike some intelligent thoughts on the topic.

Elcerrito91,
I am definitely not new to this culture sir, I have been around doing this for a minute now. Evidently you could not comprehend my post and therefore were unable to make a intelligent response based on that. I will give you something that will help you get through life alot easier; look /listen, comprehend, think, respond if you apply these steps to life you will succeed. You missed the boat on your response period!

or you gotta pay 2 play or better yet sir your in the wrong hobby if you dont want to pay a after market price 

I want everyone to see what I have highlighted and underlined in this gentlemans staement. Is this what it has come to?
knock yourself out 

there are people on e-bay trying to move a pair of air force made at the nike id store in nyc for 50 k 

i sold a pair of jordans to a reseller a few years back for $2500.00 and that same reseller sold the shoes for another $2000.00 on top of that 

the collectors/ people who buy the shoes, set the market price afterall they are the ones paying the price. the market price is the average of all the sales...isnt that common sense by now?

the fact that you say I'm wrong clearly shows that you DO NOT know your %!+% when it comes to what we do....when did you start collecting man?

People selling shoes is nothing new btw, so I dont know why you're upset about it anyways. Just curious as to why you made the initial post.
Sir, the average of all sales from who, was there a case study done that shows the pricing of all sales of a particular shoe. Anyone can tell you what they sold a shoe for but is it true, who is collecting the market research to set a market value on a item?

@160, I know I told him the same thing, he just doesnt get it.....dude, why does it matter so much? Seriously, if you want the shoes for a fair price then go on FCNY and buy them....thats market price....I wanna see what he says to that, then I'll give him the correct answer. Do you know what FCNY is?

What 160 is true though, either accept or move on. If you want shoes for cheap then buy them when they drop. 

Sir, FCNY does not set the market price they are a consignment based store. They are basically a reseller.

I am really frustrated at the term LOWBALL, I am always reading where people are saying do not lowball me, lowball offers will be ignored etc… What I don’t understand is if you are offered more than what you paid for an item how can it be lowballing? Remember there is only one purchase that you can ever make in life that you can hope to gain substantial revenue on and that is property i.e. land and houses. Wait, maybe it could be you don’t want less than the market value of a shoe, I can understand that if you can explain to me what the market value is and how it is configured. A lot of times people look at ebay and the marketplace on the sneaker forums like %***##$$$$#@@ and Niketalk and see what the prices are and say that’s the market value. Truth is a lot of times the buy now price is never met and you see the same posting month after month. That is not the market value.

The biggest thing that bugs me is how you can ask for above retail on a shoe that has been worn and call it vvvnds, this is a myth that really needs to stop. There are only two categories when it comes to anything and they are new and used. Who in the hell came up with all these sub categories? Well I know some people may say that, “I would be stupid for selling for less than what others are selling their stuff for

I am really frustrated at the term LOWBALL, I am always reading where people are saying do not lowball me, lowball offers will be ignored etc… What I don’t understand is if you are offered more than what you paid for an item how can it be lowballing? Remember there is only one purchase that you can ever make in life that you can hope to gain substantial revenue on and that is property i.e. land and houses. Wait, maybe it could be you don’t want less than the market value of a shoe, I can understand that if you can explain to me what the market value is and how it is configured. A lot of times people look at ebay and the marketplace on the sneaker forums like %***##$$$$#@@ and Niketalk and see what the prices are and say that’s the market value. Truth is a lot of times the buy now price is never met and you see the same posting month after month. That is not the market value.

The biggest thing that bugs me is how you can ask for above retail on a shoe that has been worn and call it vvvnds, this is a myth that really needs to stop. There are only two categories when it comes to anything and they are new and used. Who in the hell came up with all these sub categories? Well I know some people may say that, “I would be stupid for selling for less than what others are selling their stuff for

knock yourself out 

there are people on e-bay trying to move a pair of air force made a the nike id store in nyc for 50 k 

Now my question to you is if you made the same shoe on nike ID would you set your sale price to match his?

knock yourself out 

there are people on e-bay trying to move a pair of air force made a the nike id store in nyc for 50 k 

Now my question to you is if you made the same shoe on nike ID would you set your sale price to match his?

It does get a little ridiculous at times. I offered a dude $225 on eBay for Flint XIII's shipped, he was charging $300, and the guy LOST it on me over private message. Cursed me out, ranted about how he was sick of lowballing offers...etc.  Like come on man, it's not lowballing if I'm offering you a reasonable price after you're clearly charging way over what the market's generally determined for this one.  The term gets thrown around way too often.

It does get a little ridiculous at times. I offered a dude $225 on eBay for Flint XIII's shipped, he was charging $300, and the guy LOST it on me over private message. Cursed me out, ranted about how he was sick of lowballing offers...etc.  Like come on man, it's not lowballing if I'm offering you a reasonable price after you're clearly charging way over what the market's generally determined for this one.  The term gets thrown around way too often.

I was trying to see how much you knew....take that price and multiply by 80% and thats the market value. Go to ISS, NSB, NT's marketplace and that is market value.....160, that pair is a bespoke, that has a lot of controversy surrounding it....if you wanna laugh check out what Mayor said about KAWS regarding his beef with Nike and that pair...its in the retro section. That pair has a lot of controversy surrounding it..AND JUST BECAUSE IT IS ON EBAY FOR 50K DOESNT MEAN ANYONE WILL BUY IT FOR THAT MUCH....read up on the story before becoming outraged....did you know that a pair of dunks went for 30k on eBay? Did you know that some shoes are worth 1000s of dollars and people actually buy them? (when the font gets big that is at OP not 160 cause I know he knows his !$$#)

AT THE OP, WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MONEY IS A HUGE PART OF SHOES THESE DAYS? WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

I was trying to see how much you knew....take that price and multiply by 80% and thats the market value. Go to ISS, NSB, NT's marketplace and that is market value.....160, that pair is a bespoke, that has a lot of controversy surrounding it....if you wanna laugh check out what Mayor said about KAWS regarding his beef with Nike and that pair...its in the retro section. That pair has a lot of controversy surrounding it..AND JUST BECAUSE IT IS ON EBAY FOR 50K DOESNT MEAN ANYONE WILL BUY IT FOR THAT MUCH....read up on the story before becoming outraged....did you know that a pair of dunks went for 30k on eBay? Did you know that some shoes are worth 1000s of dollars and people actually buy them? (when the font gets big that is at OP not 160 cause I know he knows his !$$#)

AT THE OP, WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MONEY IS A HUGE PART OF SHOES THESE DAYS? WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

knock yourself out 

no that price is too high
but if some one offered me $500.00 for the same shoe i would tell him to go look somewhere else

and if someone offered me $6000.00 for the same shoe thats going for $50.000 thats a low ball offer i might consider 

no shoe is worth $50.000.00 or even $6000.00 unless you have that type of money and you the buyer think its worth that much 

a seller will go for a high price i would bet if the person selling the shoe at 50 k was offered 15 k he might consider it 

but thats not my business and i am using that shoe as an example 

me the most i paid for a single shoe is $700.00 and i dont own it anymore 

because i got $950.00 

i was paid $600.00 or i think a little more for the black laser 4''s from 2005 thats because i wanted the shoe so much 

i almost got a japan 5 2 weeks ago but i cant pay that much for shoes anymore and my limit was $600.00 shipped 

i told the seller if you get a better offer take it and i he did 

but a GR release like a CDP shoe for example thats going for $400.00 and a seller offers me $175.00 NOW thats a lowballer 

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

knock yourself out 

no that price is too high
but if some one offered me $500.00 for the same shoe i would tell him to go look somewhere else

and if someone offered me $6000.00 for the same shoe thats going for $50.000 thats a low ball offer i might consider 

no shoe is worth $50.000.00 or even $6000.00 unless you have that type of money and you the buyer think its worth that much 

a seller will go for a high price i would bet if the person selling the shoe at 50 k was offered 15 k he might consider it 

but thats not my business and i am using that shoe as an example 

me the most i paid for a single shoe is $700.00 and i dont own it anymore 

because i got $950.00 

i was paid $600.00 or i think a little more for the black laser 4''s from 2005 thats because i wanted the shoe so much 

i almost got a japan 5 2 weeks ago but i cant pay that much for shoes anymore and my limit was $600.00 shipped 

i told the seller if you get a better offer take it and i he did 

but a GR release like a CDP shoe for example thats going for $400.00 and a seller offers me $175.00 NOW thats a lowballer 

How have I missed the point. I think I gave a decent example for comparison. Please explain to me and everyone what the "point" is, because I dont think you have one.

Oh, and if your are complaining about prices of 5+ year old shoes, YOU obviously dont make enough.

How have I missed the point. I think I gave a decent example for comparison. Please explain to me and everyone what the "point" is, because I dont think you have one.

Oh, and if your are complaining about prices of 5+ year old shoes, YOU obviously dont make enough.

?
Please sir elaborate on that statement for clarity.

?
Please sir elaborate on that statement for clarity.

i myself would never pay a crazy amount of money for kicks thats over $700.00 and i dont even think i would do $700.00 unless its something i really want
but to tell you the truth them days are over for me 

i made good money and took huge losses selling sneakers

and the big losses i hope to never take again

i know a guy with no account who owns a store and i sold him top of the line shoes for pennys 60 pairs plus and he was crying about shoes be yellowed when i sold him others shoes under market value 

i understand i cant charge him $400.00 for a shoe thats worth $400.00 

he owned a store for a time in manhattan and took a big loss thinking he was going to be the next flightclub when it shut down less then 4 months after if first opened 

what i sold him for nothing he got his money back on 1 months rent at the location that failed and then some

he still calls me from time to time asking to buy stuff but i dont want to do business with him anymore for the 3 reasons when the space jams where released i asked for for a pair at retail and he told me no there selling for too much when the hype would die down then he could see if he can do retail 

another time there was a stain on a DS shoe that i did not see and was getting loud with me on the phone about it

the a fool that i am i still sold he some stuff for next to nothing that he easily doubled his money on 

and what go me really ticked off was when i sold him 2 pairs shoes that where 100% deadstock and he calmed through his worker they where used 

i rather put my shoes in the trash then to sell to him or give someone a break on here before i ever do that again 

but all that was my fault not his 

when your foolish people take advantage of that in business 

i myself would never pay a crazy amount of money for kicks thats over $700.00 and i dont even think i would do $700.00 unless its something i really want
but to tell you the truth them days are over for me 

i made good money and took huge losses selling sneakers

and the big losses i hope to never take again

i know a guy with no account who owns a store and i sold him top of the line shoes for pennys 60 pairs plus and he was crying about shoes be yellowed when i sold him others shoes under market value 

i understand i cant charge him $400.00 for a shoe thats worth $400.00 

he owned a store for a time in manhattan and took a big loss thinking he was going to be the next flightclub when it shut down less then 4 months after if first opened 

what i sold him for nothing he got his money back on 1 months rent at the location that failed and then some

he still calls me from time to time asking to buy stuff but i dont want to do business with him anymore for the 3 reasons when the space jams where released i asked for for a pair at retail and he told me no there selling for too much when the hype would die down then he could see if he can do retail 

another time there was a stain on a DS shoe that i did not see and was getting loud with me on the phone about it

the a fool that i am i still sold he some stuff for next to nothing that he easily doubled his money on 

and what go me really ticked off was when i sold him 2 pairs shoes that where 100% deadstock and he calmed through his worker they where used 

i rather put my shoes in the trash then to sell to him or give someone a break on here before i ever do that again 

but all that was my fault not his 

when your foolish people take advantage of that in business 

read up man
http://niketalk.yuku.com/...-Bespoke-BEE-KAWS?page=1

dankenstein, your post was sufficient. at the OP, its not that they know what the value is before it happens, its trial and error, if I set a brand new shoe at 500 and nobody buys it, then i go to 400 and so on until someone buys, then the price varies from there. The max price a large amount of people are willing to pay is what the market price is.  

Please give your reason behind your making of this thread? what did you want to find out? why did you make this thread?

Back
Top Bottom