This needs to be discussed

read up man
http://niketalk.yuku.com/...-Bespoke-BEE-KAWS?page=1

dankenstein, your post was sufficient. at the OP, its not that they know what the value is before it happens, its trial and error, if I set a brand new shoe at 500 and nobody buys it, then i go to 400 and so on until someone buys, then the price varies from there. The max price a large amount of people are willing to pay is what the market price is.  

Please give your reason behind your making of this thread? what did you want to find out? why did you make this thread?

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

I was trying to see how much you knew....take that price and multiply by 80% and thats the market value. Go to ISS, NSB, NT's marketplace and that is market value.....160, that pair is a bespoke, that has a lot of controversy surrounding it....if you wanna laugh check out what Mayor said about KAWS regarding his beef with Nike and that pair...its in the retro section. That pair has a lot of controversy surrounding it..AND JUST BECAUSE IT IS ON EBAY FOR 50K DOESNT MEAN ANYONE WILL BUY IT FOR THAT MUCH....read up on the story before becoming outraged....did you know that a pair of dunks went for 30k on eBay? Did you know that some shoes are worth 1000s of dollars and people actually buy them? (when the font gets big that is at OP not 160 cause I know he knows his !$$#)

AT THE OP, WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MONEY IS A HUGE PART OF SHOES THESE DAYS? WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

who became outraged? your friend but the ebay item up not me.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

I was trying to see how much you knew....take that price and multiply by 80% and thats the market value. Go to ISS, NSB, NT's marketplace and that is market value.....160, that pair is a bespoke, that has a lot of controversy surrounding it....if you wanna laugh check out what Mayor said about KAWS regarding his beef with Nike and that pair...its in the retro section. That pair has a lot of controversy surrounding it..AND JUST BECAUSE IT IS ON EBAY FOR 50K DOESNT MEAN ANYONE WILL BUY IT FOR THAT MUCH....read up on the story before becoming outraged....did you know that a pair of dunks went for 30k on eBay? Did you know that some shoes are worth 1000s of dollars and people actually buy them? (when the font gets big that is at OP not 160 cause I know he knows his !$$#)

AT THE OP, WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MONEY IS A HUGE PART OF SHOES THESE DAYS? WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

who became outraged? your friend but the ebay item up not me.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 05/18/11 1:04 AM
[/td][td]
dankenstien88 wrote:
You ask what sets the market price....  THE BUYER!!!

The buyer always sets the price because in the end it is his decision to spend the money. I dont know how many times it can be said SUPPLY vs. DEMAND!!!  If you dont understand it yet; I suggest you spend some of the money that has changed you on a business course at your nearest community college.

Sir, if that was true than a person would not be considered "lowballing" when he offers a above retail price for a product you are selling.

Let me correct my statement BUYERS (plural) set the price if someone offers $200.00 for a shoe that retailed at $175.00, and there are 5 other people willing to pay $300.00 you would have to be a fool to undercut yourself. 

[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 05/18/11 1:04 AM
[/td][td]
dankenstien88 wrote:
You ask what sets the market price....  THE BUYER!!!

The buyer always sets the price because in the end it is his decision to spend the money. I dont know how many times it can be said SUPPLY vs. DEMAND!!!  If you dont understand it yet; I suggest you spend some of the money that has changed you on a business course at your nearest community college.

Sir, if that was true than a person would not be considered "lowballing" when he offers a above retail price for a product you are selling.

Let me correct my statement BUYERS (plural) set the price if someone offers $200.00 for a shoe that retailed at $175.00, and there are 5 other people willing to pay $300.00 you would have to be a fool to undercut yourself. 

[/td][/tr][/table]

no that price is too high
but if some one offered me $500.00 for the same shoe i would tell him to go look somewhere else

and if someone offered me $6000.00 for the same shoe thats going for $50.000 thats a low ball offer i might consider 

no shoe is worth $50.000.00 or even $6000.00 unless you have that type of money and you the buyer think its worth that much 

a seller will go for a high price i would bet if the person selling the shoe at 50 k was offered 15 k he might consider it 

but thats not my business and i am using that shoe as an example 

me the most i paid for a single shoe is $700.00 and i dont own it anymore 

because i got $950.00 

i was paid $600.00 or i think a little more for the black laser 4''s from 2005 thats because i wanted the shoe so much 

i almost got a japan 5 2 weeks ago but i cant pay that much for shoes anymore and my limit was $600.00 shipped 

i told the seller if you get a better offer take it and i he did 

but a GR release like a CDP shoe for example thats going for $400.00 and a seller offers me $175.00 NOW thats a lowballer 

I am only referring to reasonable offers sir not ridiculous offers.

no that price is too high
but if some one offered me $500.00 for the same shoe i would tell him to go look somewhere else

and if someone offered me $6000.00 for the same shoe thats going for $50.000 thats a low ball offer i might consider 

no shoe is worth $50.000.00 or even $6000.00 unless you have that type of money and you the buyer think its worth that much 

a seller will go for a high price i would bet if the person selling the shoe at 50 k was offered 15 k he might consider it 

but thats not my business and i am using that shoe as an example 

me the most i paid for a single shoe is $700.00 and i dont own it anymore 

because i got $950.00 

i was paid $600.00 or i think a little more for the black laser 4''s from 2005 thats because i wanted the shoe so much 

i almost got a japan 5 2 weeks ago but i cant pay that much for shoes anymore and my limit was $600.00 shipped 

i told the seller if you get a better offer take it and i he did 

but a GR release like a CDP shoe for example thats going for $400.00 and a seller offers me $175.00 NOW thats a lowballer 

I am only referring to reasonable offers sir not ridiculous offers.

read my last post man....nice example dankenstein and 160 (not the last post, but the one before your last one)

read my last post man....nice example dankenstein and 160 (not the last post, but the one before your last one)

Why are you guys wasting your time answering this dude?

He's clearly a cheap skate trying to justify lowballing people for their pride and joys... type of dude that offers $124.99 for a pair of DS Infrared 6s from 2000 and then asks why your not responding to his emails after he offered $5 above the original retail

He's clearly a cheap skate trying to justify lowballing people for their pride and joys... type of dude that offers $124.99 for a pair of DS Infrared 6s from 2000 and then asks why your not responding to his emails after he offered $5 above the original retail

supply and demand

We've all seen various Year of The Rabbit VIIs in the Marketplace going for $300-600. They're garbage to me, I wouldn't pay anything above retail.

But, someone will.

Same goes for the South Beach Lebrons or Yeezys.

They're worth something to somebody!

Frankly, I don't dig the resellers out to make cash snatching up all the pairs to resell at $100+ market value on eBay, while some of us are just struggling to hopefully cop one pair to rock the hell out because it gives us nostalgia. And hell, we love the brand.

To avoid all this discussion, how about you just stay away from sellers who are hiking up the prices to more than you are willing to spend?

Your shoes are worth what you want them to be, so ask yourself:

1. Were they worth the camp out?

2. Were they worth spending hours waiting for the Eastbay countdown?

3. Was it worth driving around at 11pm on a Friday night and checking for the shortest lines at your local spots?

My answer is yes!

so if someone offers me retail for my Space Jams, I'd say "HELL NAH son, I'm rocking these until the soles fly off"

supply and demand

We've all seen various Year of The Rabbit VIIs in the Marketplace going for $300-600. They're garbage to me, I wouldn't pay anything above retail.

But, someone will.

Same goes for the South Beach Lebrons or Yeezys.

They're worth something to somebody!

Frankly, I don't dig the resellers out to make cash snatching up all the pairs to resell at $100+ market value on eBay, while some of us are just struggling to hopefully cop one pair to rock the hell out because it gives us nostalgia. And hell, we love the brand.

To avoid all this discussion, how about you just stay away from sellers who are hiking up the prices to more than you are willing to spend?

Your shoes are worth what you want them to be, so ask yourself:

1. Were they worth the camp out?

2. Were they worth spending hours waiting for the Eastbay countdown?

3. Was it worth driving around at 11pm on a Friday night and checking for the shortest lines at your local spots?

My answer is yes!

so if someone offers me retail for my Space Jams, I'd say "HELL NAH son, I'm rocking these until the soles fly off"

Originally Posted by adtheone

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

I am really frustrated at the term LOWBALL, I am always reading where people are saying do not lowball me, lowball offers will be ignored etc… What I don’t understand is if you are offered more than what you paid for an item how can it be lowballing? Remember there is only one purchase that you can ever make in life that you can hope to gain substantial revenue on and that is property i.e. land and houses. Wait, maybe it could be you don’t want less than the market value of a shoe, I can understand that if you can explain to me what the market value is and how it is configured. A lot of times people look at ebay and the marketplace on the sneaker forums like %***##$$$$#@@ and Niketalk and see what the prices are and say that’s the market value. Truth is a lot of times the buy now price is never met and you see the same posting month after month. That is not the market value.

The biggest thing that bugs me is how you can ask for above retail on a shoe that has been worn and call it vvvnds, this is a myth that really needs to stop. There are only two categories when it comes to anything and they are new and used. Who in the hell came up with all these sub categories? Well I know some people may say that, “I would be stupid for selling for less than what others are selling their stuff for

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

I am really frustrated at the term LOWBALL, I am always reading where people are saying do not lowball me, lowball offers will be ignored etc… What I don’t understand is if you are offered more than what you paid for an item how can it be lowballing? Remember there is only one purchase that you can ever make in life that you can hope to gain substantial revenue on and that is property i.e. land and houses. Wait, maybe it could be you don’t want less than the market value of a shoe, I can understand that if you can explain to me what the market value is and how it is configured. A lot of times people look at ebay and the marketplace on the sneaker forums like %***##$$$$#@@ and Niketalk and see what the prices are and say that’s the market value. Truth is a lot of times the buy now price is never met and you see the same posting month after month. That is not the market value.

The biggest thing that bugs me is how you can ask for above retail on a shoe that has been worn and call it vvvnds, this is a myth that really needs to stop. There are only two categories when it comes to anything and they are new and used. Who in the hell came up with all these sub categories? Well I know some people may say that, “I would be stupid for selling for less than what others are selling their stuff for

Whats funny is that CDP 3,4, & 11 are considered to have horrible quality but they cost just as much and sometimes more than 1st retros or even same price as OG's. It was easier for me to get the Motorsport 6's DS for a decent price(210 shipped) then any CDP 3-13 DS which makes absolutely no since to me.

Whats funny is that CDP 3,4, & 11 are considered to have horrible quality but they cost just as much and sometimes more than 1st retros or even same price as OG's. It was easier for me to get the Motorsport 6's DS for a decent price(210 shipped) then any CDP 3-13 DS which makes absolutely no since to me.

Back
Top Bottom