This needs to be discussed

Originally Posted by apthekid

LOL @ me for thinking that Niketalk will ever be a place for people to express concerns/questions/comments about sneakers without someone taking something personally and things turning into a pissing contest
when you have someone saying stuff like that, you have to set them straight. We tried explaining, this guy just cant seem to fully grasp the concepts addressed, and he says he's been a collector for a long time. I want him to tell us when he started and why he made this thread?

APTHEKID, I FEEL IT MAN, I WAS JUST CURIOUS ABOUT WHEN HE STARTED (RESPONSE TO POST BELOW) hahaha at "highballing'

I'm surprised this one is still going though.

Elcerrito...I feel what your sayin homie, but there's a way to go about things. I dont think that he needs to prove to anyone about how long he's being doing this sneaker thing...I think he raises SOME legitimate points (others, not so legitimate)...

I dunno...maybe it's just me, but I feel like a lot of people on NT like to stick their chest out on some of these posts unneccessarily.

"Training bra (dudes) whose chest got bigger..."

Elcerrito...I feel what your sayin homie, but there's a way to go about things. I dont think that he needs to prove to anyone about how long he's being doing this sneaker thing...I think he raises SOME legitimate points (others, not so legitimate)...

I dunno...maybe it's just me, but I feel like a lot of people on NT like to stick their chest out on some of these posts unneccessarily.

"Training bra (dudes) whose chest got bigger..."

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

I have no problem making/recieving a "lowball" offer. It is what it is, an offer. The seller has the right to accept or reject. Contracts 101. The basics. I lowball the used car salesman all the time. Majority dont bite, but some do. The main objective is to get a dance going (negotiation). An offer does that.

^^^^ your one of the good one's, most get mad like you were insulting their moms. I say don't put $$$ or best offer if there's not much wiggle room.    

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

I have no problem making/recieving a "lowball" offer. It is what it is, an offer. The seller has the right to accept or reject. Contracts 101. The basics. I lowball the used car salesman all the time. Majority dont bite, but some do. The main objective is to get a dance going (negotiation). An offer does that.

^^^^ your one of the good one's, most get mad like you were insulting their moms. I say don't put $$$ or best offer if there's not much wiggle room.    

It is what it is man

I tell you what when it comes to offering there are a lot of downright rude people on here, some of you lowballers need to learn some damn manners.......
But then are a lot of genuine people too so it hopefully should balance out

As i say it is what it is

It is what it is man

I tell you what when it comes to offering there are a lot of downright rude people on here, some of you lowballers need to learn some damn manners.......
But then are a lot of genuine people too so it hopefully should balance out

As i say it is what it is

http://dadbath.u.yuku.com/
dadbath wrote:
This thread is hilarious. I desperately want to know about the specific offer/rejection which led to OP creating this monstrosity.
CJDynasty wrote:

jdiaz713 wrote:
I just want to know why is this on jordan brand thread....

Agreed x3

THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THE PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT LOWBALLERS ARE LOWBALLERS THEMSELVES OUTSIDE OF THE SNEAKER CULTURE IN OTHER ASPECTS OF LIFE...

SELLERS ARE IN IT TO GET AS MUCH AS THEY CAN. BUYERS ARE TRYING TO PAY AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.

/THREAD.

THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THE PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT LOWBALLERS ARE LOWBALLERS THEMSELVES OUTSIDE OF THE SNEAKER CULTURE IN OTHER ASPECTS OF LIFE...

SELLERS ARE IN IT TO GET AS MUCH AS THEY CAN. BUYERS ARE TRYING TO PAY AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.

/THREAD.

http://dadbath.u.yuku.com/
dadbath wrote:
This thread is hilarious. I desperately want to know about the specific offer/rejection which led to OP creating this monstrosity.
CJDynasty wrote:

jdiaz713 wrote:
I just want to know why is this on jordan brand thread....

Agreed x3

Let me clear some things up:

1. The statement I made was not about something that happened to me personally. I read the forums everyday and I always see the word no lowballing. If you have a product for 300 bucks and a offer is made of 250 how can a seller say that is lowballing. If the value of a shoe is determined by what buyers pay then are you saying that alkl buyers want to pay the high price, of course not. So the prices are set by the sellers and thats fact. Example, post is made for say the yeezy, seller wants 900 bucks for it but a offer comes in at 500 bucks. Seller says that is a lowball offer but the product stays posted for 4 months. Does the seller ever drop the price, no; he wants his asking price. So it cant possibly be the buyers that set the price.

2. I never intended the post to be a rant or seem like I was upset at all. I was putting out thoughts that were in my head. I thought this was a community and I could have got some good feedback not insults and people saying ignorant non relevant comments.

3. It amazes me that in this culture there are no truths besides trying to get as much off the next person as possible.

4. I say sir as a sign of growth not as a slave

5. I never let anyone dictate how I spend my money so if someone denies my offer or says I am offering to low then it doesnt bother me. It bothers me when you reply with a hate message ranting about what the shoe is worth to you and that you dont have to sell it if you dont get what you want.  

Thank you for your time gentlemen

Let me clear some things up:

1. The statement I made was not about something that happened to me personally. I read the forums everyday and I always see the word no lowballing. If you have a product for 300 bucks and a offer is made of 250 how can a seller say that is lowballing. If the value of a shoe is determined by what buyers pay then are you saying that alkl buyers want to pay the high price, of course not. So the prices are set by the sellers and thats fact. Example, post is made for say the yeezy, seller wants 900 bucks for it but a offer comes in at 500 bucks. Seller says that is a lowball offer but the product stays posted for 4 months. Does the seller ever drop the price, no; he wants his asking price. So it cant possibly be the buyers that set the price.

2. I never intended the post to be a rant or seem like I was upset at all. I was putting out thoughts that were in my head. I thought this was a community and I could have got some good feedback not insults and people saying ignorant non relevant comments.

3. It amazes me that in this culture there are no truths besides trying to get as much off the next person as possible.

4. I say sir as a sign of growth not as a slave

5. I never let anyone dictate how I spend my money so if someone denies my offer or says I am offering to low then it doesnt bother me. It bothers me when you reply with a hate message ranting about what the shoe is worth to you and that you dont have to sell it if you dont get what you want.  

Thank you for your time gentlemen

Originally Posted by luvtheshoe

Here's my take.

It's just a term people like to throw around to sound like their shoes are important.  I offered a well-known member a whole $10 less than his asking price and he calls me names and used the term "lowballer"  multiple times in his response.  Then he tells me to pay him his asking price right now and send as a gift, yeah right.
laugh.gif

Really? Ten dollars? Dude's like yourself are hilarious.

Here's my take.

It's just a term people like to throw around to sound like their shoes are important.  I offered a well-known member a whole $10 less than his asking price and he calls me names and used the term "lowballer"  multiple times in his response.  Then he tells me to pay him his asking price right now and send as a gift, yeah right.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

LOL @ me for thinking that Niketalk will ever be a place for people to express concerns/questions/comments about sneakers without someone taking something personally and things turning into a pissing contest
when you have someone saying stuff like that, you have to set them straight. We tried explaining, this guy just cant seem to fully grasp the concepts addressed, and he says he's been a collector for a long time. I want him to tell us when he started and why he made this thread?

APTHEKID, I FEEL IT MAN, I WAS JUST CURIOUS ABOUT WHEN HE STARTED (RESPONSE TO POST BELOW) hahaha at "highballing'

Sir, thats where your wrong I am not a shoe collector I am a shoe wearer. What concepts were fully addressed that I did not understand? I simply replied to statements that were made with thought not just stupid comments. All statements are opinions since there are no truths to this, so why am I wrong for having my own opinion on your thoughts. I am not, but you are wrong for insulting me because I have my own. When you have been voted as the be all know all of the shoe culture then your statements will change from a opinion to a truth. Until then have a great day sir.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Sir, thats where your wrong I am not a shoe collector I am a shoe wearer. What concepts were fully addressed that I did not understand? I simply replied to statements that were made with thought not just stupid comments. All statements are opinions since there are no truths to this, so why am I wrong for having my own opinion on your thoughts. I am not, but you are wrong for insulting me because I have my own. When you have been voted as the be all know all of the shoe culture then your statements will change from a opinion to a truth. Until then have a great day sir.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Here's my take.

laugh.gif

sir can you please elaborate on your comment ohdannyboy 

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Here's my take.

laugh.gif

sir can you please elaborate on your comment ohdannyboy 

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Well, yeah.  
laugh.gif

How often do you see a normal person spending $150 on sneakers??  No less, hundreds above retail.  And this goes for any hobby and/or collection.  

No one is trying to pay over retail for a couch, fridge, washer/dryer or gas.   It's not a hobby. 

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Well, yeah.  
laugh.gif

How often do you see a normal person spending $150 on sneakers??  No less, hundreds above retail.  And this goes for any hobby and/or collection.  

No one is trying to pay over retail for a couch, fridge, washer/dryer or gas.   It's not a hobby. 

Back
Top Bottom