This needs to be discussed

All yall are some dummies, plain and simple. The OP might not be upset, but I am. At the fact you guys are saying that this is correct and that is correct, when obviously no one on here is correct because it is pure judgetment. How are you going to say didn't Nike have to buy this and that, that is a business idiot of course they bought those things in a business sense and to provide profit. If you buy the shoes for pure profitability then you are an idiot because you never know the market for a pair of shoes. Materials are a different animal and that would only be known by a person that has a business mind. Buying and selling shoes is what it is, people trying to make as much as they can off a depreciated shoe. Our dumb community is what really allows for you guys to make these ignorant prices. I just wish we could get some people to understand that Low Balling is just as much as a part of this as High Balling. You High Ball me and I Low Ball you and hopefully we can compromise and grow to understand eachother. You are in this to make money, But I am in this to save money so at the end of the day we can agree to disagree and still do business. Idiots are everywhere and I am one of them, I shall admit. Have a good one.

All yall are some dummies, plain and simple. The OP might not be upset, but I am. At the fact you guys are saying that this is correct and that is correct, when obviously no one on here is correct because it is pure judgetment. How are you going to say didn't Nike have to buy this and that, that is a business idiot of course they bought those things in a business sense and to provide profit. If you buy the shoes for pure profitability then you are an idiot because you never know the market for a pair of shoes. Materials are a different animal and that would only be known by a person that has a business mind. Buying and selling shoes is what it is, people trying to make as much as they can off a depreciated shoe. Our dumb community is what really allows for you guys to make these ignorant prices. I just wish we could get some people to understand that Low Balling is just as much as a part of this as High Balling. You High Ball me and I Low Ball you and hopefully we can compromise and grow to understand eachother. You are in this to make money, But I am in this to save money so at the end of the day we can agree to disagree and still do business. Idiots are everywhere and I am one of them, I shall admit. Have a good one.

Originally Posted by grittyboi

??que

??que

Originally Posted by jdmbrad

supply and demand

We've all seen various Year of The Rabbit VIIs in the Marketplace going for $300-600. They're garbage to me, I wouldn't pay anything above retail.

But, someone will.

Same goes for the South Beach Lebrons or Yeezys.

They're worth something to somebody!

Frankly, I don't dig the resellers out to make cash snatching up all the pairs to resell at $100+ market value on eBay, while some of us are just struggling to hopefully cop one pair to rock the hell out because it gives us nostalgia. And hell, we love the brand.

To avoid all this discussion, how about you just stay away from sellers who are hiking up the prices to more than you are willing to spend?

Your shoes are worth what you want them to be, so ask yourself:

1. Were they worth the camp out?

2. Were they worth spending hours waiting for the Eastbay countdown?

3. Was it worth driving around at 11pm on a Friday night and checking for the shortest lines at your local spots?

My answer is yes!

so if someone offers me retail for my Space Jams, I'd say "HELL NAH son, I'm rocking these until the soles fly off"
QFMFT!!!!
Alright. Here we go. I've read the thread and I think I understand what is going on.

OP: First, lowballing is a negotiation term used to describe a very low offer relative to what the seller is offering. For example, when you go to the dealership to buy a car. Say that the car has a price tag of $25,000. If you go to the salesman and begin to negotiate and you offer something outrageous like $10,000, that is a lowball. Furthermore, MOST people get upset when you lowball them even when you don't mean to lowball them. In oder to avoid the calamity that will follow from a lowball, you must make your offer respectfully. Be very honest and if the seller doesn't want to accept your offer, then you have to move on.

Second, JDMBRAD put it the best that I have seen so far on this thread. Although it is, indeed, really complicated I will attempt to explain what drives "market value": Jordan Brand shoes (since we are in the Jordan Brand forum) are, more and more, becoming collector's items. This drives up the prices. The idea that something is rare (in some cases, they are rare: BINs, BHMs, YOTRs etc) drives up the price. What keeps the prices up is the fact that people buy at these extremely high prices. 

As far as I'm concerned, I don't think I can pay more than $25 over retail for ANY shoe. Although there are some exceptions. I think the highest I've gone was $75 including shipping from across the country. One day I may pay more than that. I don't know. Since I don't like to pay the extra dollar for the shoes, I have to be very patient when I am looking for a pair of shoes. And that's only for BRAND NEW/NEVER WORN shoes. Let's not get into what I think they are worth if they are "VNDS." For the record: I have worn every pair that I have with the exception of two of them. I haven't worn those because I haven't found a fit to wear them with. I absolutely enjoy every shoe I get and that's why I mostly buy BRAND NEW/NEVER WORN.

Places like FCNY/FCLA are the worst when it comes to reselling. Those places, remarkably and continuously, move lots and lots of their shoes. It is a phenomenon I have yet to understand, honestly. Anyway, because people see that FCNY/FCLA is moving their merchandise they set their prices at the FCNY/FCLA price. This is yet another price driver.

My advice to you is to be patient and offer respectfully. If you are respectful of people the worst they will say is no.

I guess that's all I have to say now. If anything is unclear, please let me know and I will do my best to try to explain it better.

Thanks and have a good night!

supply and demand

We've all seen various Year of The Rabbit VIIs in the Marketplace going for $300-600. They're garbage to me, I wouldn't pay anything above retail.

But, someone will.

Frankly, I don't dig the resellers out to make cash snatching up all the pairs to resell at $100+ market value on eBay, while some of us are just struggling to hopefully cop one pair to rock the hell out because it gives us nostalgia. And hell, we love the brand.

To avoid all this discussion, how about you just stay away from sellers who are hiking up the prices to more than you are willing to spend?

3. Was it worth driving around at 11pm on a Friday night and checking for the shortest lines at your local spots?

My answer is yes!

so if someone offers me retail for my Space Jams, I'd say "HELL NAH son, I'm rocking these until the soles fly off"
QFMFT!!!!
Alright. Here we go. I've read the thread and I think I understand what is going on.

OP: First, lowballing is a negotiation term used to describe a very low offer relative to what the seller is offering. For example, when you go to the dealership to buy a car. Say that the car has a price tag of $25,000. If you go to the salesman and begin to negotiate and you offer something outrageous like $10,000, that is a lowball. Furthermore, MOST people get upset when you lowball them even when you don't mean to lowball them. In oder to avoid the calamity that will follow from a lowball, you must make your offer respectfully. Be very honest and if the seller doesn't want to accept your offer, then you have to move on.

Second, JDMBRAD put it the best that I have seen so far on this thread. Although it is, indeed, really complicated I will attempt to explain what drives "market value": Jordan Brand shoes (since we are in the Jordan Brand forum) are, more and more, becoming collector's items. This drives up the prices. The idea that something is rare (in some cases, they are rare: BINs, BHMs, YOTRs etc) drives up the price. What keeps the prices up is the fact that people buy at these extremely high prices. 

As far as I'm concerned, I don't think I can pay more than $25 over retail for ANY shoe. Although there are some exceptions. I think the highest I've gone was $75 including shipping from across the country. One day I may pay more than that. I don't know. Since I don't like to pay the extra dollar for the shoes, I have to be very patient when I am looking for a pair of shoes. And that's only for BRAND NEW/NEVER WORN shoes. Let's not get into what I think they are worth if they are "VNDS." For the record: I have worn every pair that I have with the exception of two of them. I haven't worn those because I haven't found a fit to wear them with. I absolutely enjoy every shoe I get and that's why I mostly buy BRAND NEW/NEVER WORN.

Places like FCNY/FCLA are the worst when it comes to reselling. Those places, remarkably and continuously, move lots and lots of their shoes. It is a phenomenon I have yet to understand, honestly. Anyway, because people see that FCNY/FCLA is moving their merchandise they set their prices at the FCNY/FCLA price. This is yet another price driver.

My advice to you is to be patient and offer respectfully. If you are respectful of people the worst they will say is no.

I guess that's all I have to say now. If anything is unclear, please let me know and I will do my best to try to explain it better.

Originally Posted by oneand23

supply and demand

But, someone will.

My answer is yes!

QFMFT!!!!

QFT!

supply and demand

But, someone will.

My answer is yes!

QFMFT!!!!

QFT!

Originally Posted by 19MushiMushi88

jdmbrad wrote:

QFMFT!!!!

QFT!

And yet still the OP......
a70263c608bdb22181aacfcc15cf69846aa20154_r.gif

jdmbrad wrote:

QFMFT!!!!

QFT!

And yet still the OP......
a70263c608bdb22181aacfcc15cf69846aa20154_r.gif

This thread is hilarious. I desperately want to know about the specific offer/rejection which led to OP creating this monstrosity.

This thread is hilarious. I desperately want to know about the specific offer/rejection which led to OP creating this monstrosity.

??que
LMAO ^ 19MushiMushi i agree WTH are you trying to say Gritty.
I see you are tying to take a shot at my comment in this thread with your uneducated writing and spelling.

When you call someone an idiot please make sure that the things you write leading up to it and after are not completely meaningless thoughts.

I simply pointed out a "purchase" whether it was business or not. I am a grown man and when i bought my 2nd home it was business move not just because i wanted another home to live in. Your point is MEANINGLESS. So me simply pointng out the OP's flaw in his original posting is something that you should have taken into consideration before you started running your fingers creating one big paragraph like the idiot that you are. 

You definitely Summed it up for me in second to last sentence. You definitely are a PANZY! Not an idiot that is being to nice of a word.

OH and why the hell are you wearing a purse in your profile picture?

??que
LMAO ^ 19MushiMushi i agree WTH are you trying to say Gritty.
I see you are tying to take a shot at my comment in this thread with your uneducated writing and spelling.

When you call someone an idiot please make sure that the things you write leading up to it and after are not completely meaningless thoughts.

I simply pointed out a "purchase" whether it was business or not. I am a grown man and when i bought my 2nd home it was business move not just because i wanted another home to live in. Your point is MEANINGLESS. So me simply pointng out the OP's flaw in his original posting is something that you should have taken into consideration before you started running your fingers creating one big paragraph like the idiot that you are. 

You definitely Summed it up for me in second to last sentence. You definitely are a PANZY! Not an idiot that is being to nice of a word.

OH and why the hell are you wearing a purse in your profile picture?

Wow...well, I honestly TRIED to read through this post...For whatever reason, I HOPED that i could find some intellectual dialogue and offerings of different opinions and maybe even, some possible solutions...silly me.

While I don't agree with everything that the OP said (for the record, as many other people have stated, sneakers are worth what people are willing to pay for them...the "market price" is set by consumers, not producers/retailers/resellers. It's business 101 to buy low and sell high, so really, it'd be dumb for a reseller not to at least ATTEMPT to make the premium amount of money possible), I think he brings up some interesting points about "sub-categories" or used sneakers.

There's a difference between respectfully disagreeing and being a ****. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, nor naming names, but c'mon fellas...we're all in this together...

LOL @ me for thinking that Niketalk will ever be a place for people to express concerns/questions/comments about sneakers without someone taking something personally and things turning into a pissing contest

Wow...well, I honestly TRIED to read through this post...For whatever reason, I HOPED that i could find some intellectual dialogue and offerings of different opinions and maybe even, some possible solutions...silly me.

While I don't agree with everything that the OP said (for the record, as many other people have stated, sneakers are worth what people are willing to pay for them...the "market price" is set by consumers, not producers/retailers/resellers. It's business 101 to buy low and sell high, so really, it'd be dumb for a reseller not to at least ATTEMPT to make the premium amount of money possible), I think he brings up some interesting points about "sub-categories" or used sneakers.

There's a difference between respectfully disagreeing and being a ****. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, nor naming names, but c'mon fellas...we're all in this together...

LOL @ me for thinking that Niketalk will ever be a place for people to express concerns/questions/comments about sneakers without someone taking something personally and things turning into a pissing contest

I have no problem making/recieving a "lowball" offer. It is what it is, an offer. The seller has the right to accept or reject. Contracts 101. The basics. I lowball the used car salesman all the time. Majority dont bite, but some do. The main objective is to get a dance going (negotiation). An offer does that.

I have no problem making/recieving a "lowball" offer. It is what it is, an offer. The seller has the right to accept or reject. Contracts 101. The basics. I lowball the used car salesman all the time. Majority dont bite, but some do. The main objective is to get a dance going (negotiation). An offer does that.

Originally Posted by apthekid

when you have someone saying stuff like that, you have to set them straight. We tried explaining, this guy just cant seem to fully grasp the concepts addressed, and he says he's been a collector for a long time. I want him to tell us when he started and why he made this thread?

APTHEKID, I FEEL IT MAN, I WAS JUST CURIOUS ABOUT WHEN HE STARTED (RESPONSE TO POST BELOW) hahaha at "highballing'

I'm surprised this one is still going though.

Back
Top Bottom