This weekend NYPD officers shot a man in Midtown. Today they shot a neighborhood dog on 14th St.

Cops have guns, but they need TRAINING to use a tazer? Oh okay 
roll.gif

Cops have guns, but they need TRAINING to use a tazer? Oh okay :rofl:

Exactly :lol:

Cop didn't really have a choice after seeing the vid. He couldn't just wait for animal control in case the guy was slowly dying. Feel terrible for the dog though, I wonder how he is after surviving.
Edit: You know what I still don't believe he did the right thing, god forbid he would of missed and the bullet would of ricocheted and hit any of the by standers, a **** storm would of ensued.
I know they radioed in a loose dog and unconscious man and I know he saw all the people standing nearby when he stepped out of his patrol car. So I don't see how the use of his gun was wise.
Sorry but the dog lover in me can't come to peace with believing what he did was justified. Does the NYPD not carry tazers or something? The knife-wielding man in Times Square could of been tazered instead as well. These cops in NY are bored out of their ***** day in and day out so whenever there's a chance to use "justified force" they act like its the wild wild west out here.

NOT EVERY OFFICER IS TRAINED FOR AND CARRIES A TAZER. I REPEAT, NOT EVERY OFFICER IS TRAINED FOR AND CARRIES A TAZER.

thank you

Why shouldn't every cop be trained and forced to carry a taser? Non-lethal force > lethal force in most cases.

Why shouldn't every cop be trained and forced to carry a taser? Non-lethal force > lethal force in most cases.

I dont know why. Im just passing the knowledge. But ill ask. I just want to clear tbings up for the people who say he/she or dog should of been tazed.
But I agree, every cop should be trained for and carry a tazer. But that means for $$ to be spent. And we all know gov would rather ppl die than to spend money to save lives at times.

Exactly
laugh.gif

I dont know why. Im just passing the knowledge. But ill ask. I just want to clear tbings up for the people who say he/she or dog should of been tazed.
But I agree, every cop should be trained for and carry a tazer. But that means for $$ to be spent. And we all know gov would rather ppl die than to spend money to save lives at times.
It takes extra time and training.

And tazers aren't "non-lethal force".  If it's misused - shock administered too long, frivolously - it's jsut as lethal.  And there are citizens that are particularly susceptible to tazer shocks.  While a bullet in the chest can be treated and not always lethal, a person with a heart condition is going to go into cardiac arrest from even a brief tazer shock.

It takes extra time and training.

And tazers aren't "non-lethal force".  If it's misused - shock administered too long, frivolously - it's jsut as lethal.  And there are citizens that are particularly susceptible to tazer shocks.  While a bullet in the chest can be treated and not always lethal, a person with a heart condition is going to go into cardiac arrest from even a brief tazer shock.

Isn't a cop's job to protect and serve? Compared to a gun, a taser isn't as lethal of a force. I do know about heart conditions and people who are on pacemakers that can be disrupted by tasers. However, how much of the US population is in either category?

On top of that, a taser isn't MEANT to kill, a gun is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom