Thoughts on Kendrick Lamar's Section 80 ?!

i love the growth. i think this project is a pretty definitive one for him, the sound is very unique. amazing work.

just dl'd today, few tracks in...so far
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

can someone explain the concept of the album?
When people say concept of the album i think they are just trying to sound super smart

The "concept" of the album is basically just what it is to be an 80's baby, and part of that generation.  But the best part of the album to me is that although it talks of all of the vices of that generation; gangs, drugs, violence, promiscuity.  Kendrick some how spins it into a more positive message of over coming these things and persevering.

When people say concept of the album i think they are just trying to sound super smart

The "concept" of the album is basically just what it is to be an 80's baby, and part of that generation.  But the best part of the album to me is that although it talks of all of the vices of that generation; gangs, drugs, violence, promiscuity.  Kendrick some how spins it into a more positive message of over coming these things and persevering.

Im so glad this dropped. His last mixtape K. was disappointing at best. He was spittin' ham but wasnt makin no cents. Album of the summer 2011?

Im so glad this dropped. His last mixtape K. was disappointing at best. He was spittin' ham but wasnt makin no cents. Album of the summer 2011?

I've been playing this heavy since it dropped and it is definitely dope. It feels more complete to me when I compare it to OD. It is in my top 5 albums of the year so far

I've been playing this heavy since it dropped and it is definitely dope. It feels more complete to me when I compare it to OD. It is in my top 5 albums of the year so far

I listened to Hii Power the other day and loved it. About to check this mixtape out now. What other mixtapes/songs should I check for fum Kendrick Lamar?

I listened to Hii Power the other day and loved it. About to check this mixtape out now. What other mixtapes/songs should I check for fum Kendrick Lamar?

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Kendrick Lamar EP has some really dope songs on there....

Overly dedicated as well...

Don't expect everything to sound like Hiii power tho...he has a different sound which took me some getting used to but once you get past that you'll realize how dope he is...

Don't expect everything to sound like Hiii power tho...he has a different sound which took me some getting used to but once you get past that you'll realize how dope he is...

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Good looks man! Just finished listening to Section 80.  Very solid mixtape....latter part of the tape is stronger than the beginning IMO.  I like his use of jazz infused tracks.  Some really dope tracks on here....I have got to give it another listen and check his other work.

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Good looks man! Just finished listening to Section 80.  Very solid mixtape....latter part of the tape is stronger than the beginning IMO.  I like his use of jazz infused tracks.  Some really dope tracks on here....I have got to give it another listen and check his other work.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

okay cool, cats on here making it sound like he re-made the cool or something. More like a continuation of O.D

Originally Posted by Jking0821

okay cool, cats on here making it sound like he re-made the cool or something. More like a continuation of O.D

Back
Top Bottom