Thoughts on Kendrick Lamar's Section 80 ?!

I can't be the only one not really rockin with this, can I? I thought I would like it a lot more according to reviews and comments from others. The production is uninspired, I don;'t think there was one beat that made me bump my head. And the "concept" behind the album is cool but I don't feel like he approached any of the subject matter in a novel way. Kinda feels like I've heard all of this before done on better tracks by other people. And then there's his flow. It's not that its inaudible, its just that his timing is bad. He slows down, speeds up, and slurs his speech at weird times. I dunno, I think I need to go back and listen to some of his earlier work, cause if this is his best I'm gonna have to pass. I feel like I can get my fill of this kind of rap from Lupe and Lupe does it MUCH better.

F your ethnicity, Hol' Up, Rigamortus and HiiiPower are the standouts for me.

I can't be the only one not really rockin with this, can I? I thought I would like it a lot more according to reviews and comments from others. The production is uninspired, I don;'t think there was one beat that made me bump my head. And the "concept" behind the album is cool but I don't feel like he approached any of the subject matter in a novel way. Kinda feels like I've heard all of this before done on better tracks by other people. And then there's his flow. It's not that its inaudible, its just that his timing is bad. He slows down, speeds up, and slurs his speech at weird times. I dunno, I think I need to go back and listen to some of his earlier work, cause if this is his best I'm gonna have to pass. I feel like I can get my fill of this kind of rap from Lupe and Lupe does it MUCH better.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

After seeing P's cosign, I need to check this out.

EDIT: Is this an LP or a mixtape?
nerd.gif

I'll take that lol. Just giving my opinion. This is kind of similar to Return of 4Eva in that it's nothing new. The difference for me is that KRIT's approach is different and his beats bang.

I'll take that lol. Just giving my opinion. This is kind of similar to Return of 4Eva in that it's nothing new. The difference for me is that KRIT's approach is different and his beats bang.

ravage i agree with you ... wasn't really feeling it at all. i liked OD a lot better ... he is still dope nonetheless. section 80 just wasn't for me ...

ravage i agree with you ... wasn't really feeling it at all. i liked OD a lot better ... he is still dope nonetheless. section 80 just wasn't for me ...

can't agree with that...the production on this isn't really supposed to "bang"...it's some smooth, chill, smoke type music...A.D.H.D. is one of the best tracks to drop this year

can't agree with that...the production on this isn't really supposed to "bang"...it's some smooth, chill, smoke type music...A.D.H.D. is one of the best tracks to drop this year

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

It doesn't have to bang to make you nod your head. ATCQ didn't have many bangers, all their beats were smooth but made you nod your head. These beats are flat to me. I definitely recognize dudes talent but like I said this particular project didn't resonate with me. I'm gonna check out OD when I get a chance.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

It doesn't have to bang to make you nod your head. ATCQ didn't have many bangers, all their beats were smooth but made you nod your head. These beats are flat to me. I definitely recognize dudes talent but like I said this particular project didn't resonate with me. I'm gonna check out OD when I get a chance.

I think people know my stance on Kendrick so I'll just say:

F Your Ethnicity
Hol Up
A.D.H.D
No Make Up
Tammy's Song
Ronald Reagan Era
Keisha's Song
Rigamortus
Blow My High
Hiii Power

All get HEAVY SPINS.

To the dude who says this doesn't have any Anthems... Hol Up & Blow My High are definitely anthems to me, especially the latter.
pimp.gif

I think people know my stance on Kendrick so I'll just say:

F Your Ethnicity
Hol Up
A.D.H.D
No Make Up
Tammy's Song
Ronald Reagan Era
Keisha's Song
Rigamortus
Blow My High
Hiii Power

All get HEAVY SPINS.

To the dude who says this doesn't have any Anthems... Hol Up & Blow My High are definitely anthems to me, especially the latter.
pimp.gif

I haven't seen too much talk about spiteful chant.. I like that song a lot.. the way it vibes is dope

I haven't seen too much talk about spiteful chant.. I like that song a lot.. the way it vibes is dope

Back
Top Bottom