Thoughts on Kendrick Lamar's Section 80 ?!

aaliyah12.jpg

"RIP Aaliyah .. R.I.P. .."

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I can't be the only one not really rockin with this, can I? I thought I would like it a lot more according to reviews and comments from others. The production is uninspired, I don;'t think there was one beat that made me bump my head. And the "concept" behind the album is cool but I don't feel like he approached any of the subject matter in a novel way. Kinda feels like I've heard all of this before done on better tracks by other people. And then there's his flow. It's not that its inaudible, its just that his timing is bad. He slows down, speeds up, and slurs his speech at weird times. I dunno, I think I need to go back and listen to some of his earlier work, cause if this is his best I'm gonna have to pass. I feel like I can get my fill of this kind of rap from Lupe and Lupe does it MUCH better.

F your ethnicity, Hol' Up, Rigamortus and HiiiPower are the standouts for me.
I take O.D over this but after listening to it again I rock with it more than when it was initially released.

I can't be the only one not really rockin with this, can I? I thought I would like it a lot more according to reviews and comments from others. The production is uninspired, I don;'t think there was one beat that made me bump my head. And the "concept" behind the album is cool but I don't feel like he approached any of the subject matter in a novel way. Kinda feels like I've heard all of this before done on better tracks by other people. And then there's his flow. It's not that its inaudible, its just that his timing is bad. He slows down, speeds up, and slurs his speech at weird times. I dunno, I think I need to go back and listen to some of his earlier work, cause if this is his best I'm gonna have to pass. I feel like I can get my fill of this kind of rap from Lupe and Lupe does it MUCH better.

I take O.D over this but after listening to it again I rock with it more than when it was initially released.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

thought I was the only one who really wasnt feeling it IMO OD > Section 80

ill re-listening in a couple of weeks

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

thought I was the only one who really wasnt feeling it IMO OD > Section 80

ill re-listening in a couple of weeks

Rigamortis, HiiPower, Hol UP, and Poe Mans Dream prolly my fav tracks off the LP
How imma listen when I don't even hear god.
pimp.gif

Rigamortis, HiiPower, Hol UP, and Poe Mans Dream prolly my fav tracks off the LP
How imma listen when I don't even hear god.
pimp.gif

This is my favorite release so far this year. Hiiipower sounds just as good as the first time I heard it even after hundreds of plays.

This is my favorite release so far this year. Hiiipower sounds just as good as the first time I heard it even after hundreds of plays.

Originally Posted by MR FREEZE

Lupe doesn't put out enough stuff.  I agree with you that lupe speaks on the same type of topics and does it better then kendrick.  But lasers sucked and there really isn't anything out in this lane that is this well done.

But music is really subjective and there is some people that i hear and think the same thing about flow (just doesn't sound good to my ears type thing).  But i kinda like kendricks flow. 

Originally Posted by MR FREEZE

Lupe doesn't put out enough stuff.  I agree with you that lupe speaks on the same type of topics and does it better then kendrick.  But lasers sucked and there really isn't anything out in this lane that is this well done.

But music is really subjective and there is some people that i hear and think the same thing about flow (just doesn't sound good to my ears type thing).  But i kinda like kendricks flow. 

The whole vibe of the Tape is nice. Dude should chill with the fast flow though and stick to the flow he uses on Kush & Corinthians and HiiiPower.

The whole vibe of the Tape is nice. Dude should chill with the fast flow though and stick to the flow he uses on Kush & Corinthians and HiiiPower.

Back
Top Bottom