Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

Ricky Williams played with Incognito, as did many of the other people that have spoke out across the league.

Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Keyshawn are a bunch of old divas that have never spoke a word to him in their life and have to give the most safe answer possible to everything to not have their commentating job on the line.

Not really but I rather take the advice of someone who played the game and was known to have social issues. Than some kids who rather fight and risk everything because they don't want be labeled "soft".

Haha, don't let this Internet tough guys fool you. Guys who claim to be "swing first" are the same guys getting checked everyday.

Ricky Williams played with Incognito, as did many of the other people that have spoke out across the league.

Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Keyshawn are a bunch of old divas that have never spoke a word to him in their life and have to give the most safe answer possible to everything to not have their commentating job on the line.

Word. So Ricky Williams played what 2-3 yrs with Incognito? Ricky is a space cadet man. How about someone who played more than 5 yrs with dude:

New York Giants kicker Josh Brown played with Incognito at the University of Nebraska, and later with the St. Louis Rams. During an interview with the New York Daily News this past Monday, Brown described Incognito as, “somebody who’s really got some demons that are out of the building.”

Brown proceeded to share more thoughts about Incognito:

“None of it shocks me,” Brown told the New York Daily News. “I don’t know any details obviously. The league hasn’t released anything. But Richie seems to be a person with a tortured soul. He’s had these issues for quite a while, and it’s sad.”

Some of the issues Brown is referring to were captured during a bar rage earlier this year, and that video is currently on TMZ Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...es-former-teammate-richie-141030807--nfl.html

Or a dude who played with him in college, yanno before he was kicked off a team the FIRST time:

Or the guy who gave him a second chance:

Richie Incognito was on the ropes, and needed a favor. He was out of chances. He'd been suspended at Nebraska for disciplinary problems, accused of assault, including a classmate who said Incognito threw him through a wall at a party.

This was 2004. Incognito had nowhere to go, but he was large and could block traffic like a Brinks truck. And so the often angry All-Big 12 lineman with a can't-miss NFL future turned to the University of Oregon.

Former Ducks coach Mike Bellotti thought about this near-miss on Monday when he read the accounts of Incognito's alleged bullying and harassment of a Miami Dolphins teammate. The Dolphins have suspended Incognito. And his continued behavioral issues come as no surprise to anyone who followed Incognito's one-week sabbatical in Eugene years ago.

"I'm a person who sees the good in people," Bellotti said. "Also, I'm not stupid."

Incognito enrolled at Oregon for fall term 2004, but never attended a class or practice. Bellotti said, "He was talented, but came with issues. He claimed they were in the past. We set a code of conduct he had to meet. "He failed that before fall camp."

Just look at ole boys life highlights:

College
Fall 2002: Ejected from Nebraska’s game against Penn State for fighting. Was suspended for the first half of a game against Iowa State the following week.

Spring 2003: Suspended by former Nebraska coach Frank Solich for unspecified reasons.

Feb. 2004: Charged with three counts of assault stemming from a fight at a party. Found guilty of one misdemeanor assault charge after a three-day trial and paid a $500 fine.

Sept. 2004: Suspended from Nebraska. Withdrew from university two weeks later. Two weeks after leaving Nebraska, enrolled at Oregon.

Oct. 2004: Kicked off Oregon team. Coach Mike Bellotti said he failed to meet certain conditions.

2005-09: Played parts of five seasons with the Rams. In 44 games, he racked up 38 penalties, including seven for unnecessary roughness.

Training camp 2006: Got into an altercation with Rams cornerback Dwight Anderson. The 6-foot-3, 320-pound Incognito and the 5-foot-10, 180-pound Anderson had to be separated twice.

Nov. 2008: Criticized fans for not knowing how or when to cheer for a team that was 2-8 at the time. Taunted fans who were booing him during a game against the Bears.

2009: Was named “NFL’s dirtiest player” in a Sporting News poll of 99 players. That season, twice head-butted Titans players, and engaged in a verbal altercation with head coach Steve Spagnuolo. Was released two days later. After being released by St. Louis, he finished the year in Buffalo then signed with the Dolphins.

Sept. 2012: Criticized by Houston’s Antonio Smith for dirty play. During a preseason game in 2013, an enraged Smith swung his helmet after being incited by Incognito, which earned Smith a three-week suspension.

June 2013: Involved in an altercation in Miami night club that led to a trespass warning.

Summer 2013: When talking about his time in St. Louis, admitted to NFL.com: “I mean, we’d have practice the next morning, and I’m out until all hours of the night, running the town. Drinking. Doing drugs. I was doing everything that a professional athlete should not be doing.”

Yeah......just a swell guy all around right there. :rolleyes

Ya don't say?

Your best friend was calling you "spook" and "darky" and you're saying I need new friends :lol:

And DoubleJ's...I was talking about in the way Incognito said the N word in the Pouncey video.

What's your take on the VM?

Lol, dan ****** or whatever his name is getting called out on espn by one of the mikes. If you don't know what you're talking about keep your mouth shut

Saw this as well. Dude caught feels when golic said "you've never done anything manly in your life."

Lebartard sounded like a straight beta tho.

I've already stated that Incognito is an idiot and has been a headcase his entire career...your information there is meaningless.

You just quoted a kicker that just said "he doesn't know any of the details." A kicker. You think Incognito is out chillin with the damn kicker? They probably had two conversations at most in those years they were together.

You guys think there are more Incognitos in the NFL (or the world if football for that matter) or more Martins?

You guys want a culture too change overnight, it's not happening.

I wonder what all the dudes thats taking martins side would say if that was ndamukong suh getting "bullied" by incognito

You guys think there are more Incognitos in the NFL (or the world if football for that matter) or more Martins?

You guys want a culture too change overnight, it's not happening.

Culture? A culture of abusive racists? It's one thing to haze, it's another to be an abusive bigot. That has nothing to do with football culture

Are there more guys like him? Sure, it's possible. He's just the only one dumb enough to act on it. Everyone is crazy in there own way, but the ones we all crazy are the ones who let it show

Last edited:
Yeah because we live in a country full of double standards

Or perhaps we can view situations on a case by case basis. Making these hard and fast rules with zero tolerance leads to ridiculous applications of them. Happens more and more due to the new nature of our society, common sense is out the window

And regardless not sure what it means toward Ritchie's treatment towards Martin

Or perhaps we can view situations on a case by case basis. Making these hard and fast rules with zero tolerance leads to ridiculous applications of them. Happens more and more due to the new nature of our society, common sense is out the window

Dudes wanna just jump on martins side because its a black vs white guy and they look at incognitos history and its an automatic unanimous decision, thats just not how it works

Buc Em, the voice of a generation. 

Lol foreal. People have literally died over that word and now it's the same as "bro"? WOW.... Tell that to MLK jr. Tell that to real civil rights leaders. Heck, tell that to any self respecting African American.

....... Same a bro or dude..... Lol, thts why them boys use that word until a black guy enters the room.... Then they revert back to using bro.

This ***** made generation man, I tell ya....

I wonder what all the dudes thats taking martins side would say if that was ndamukong suh getting "bullied" by incognito

Nobody is really taking Martin's side if you really read what some people are saying. Yes we ALL agree, Martin is softer than baby food. There's no denying that. What most people are trying to say is Incognito took it overboard. It went from practical jokes, equipment carrying, and bring us coffee/donuts to give me 15K, stealing Tannehill's credit card for jet skis, racial slurs, and other harrassing threats.

Hmm I wonder. Maybe a guy who seems to have the persona of someone reckless and an extreme dirty player himself with an attitude problem would've stepped to Incognito. Don't really see how that's relevant like in any capacity whatsoever. People aren't all the same personality wise, maybe Martin was sheltered coming from a privleged background private school and going to Stanford who knows. What point are you attempting to make here? It would be just as wrong if it happened to Suh.

And Buc Em, what about the coach at Oregon who met with his parents, incognito himself and definitely interacted with the dude. Or his other Nebraska teammates who he bullied, a walk on. Or are you going to continue to make excuses?

Lol foreal. People have literally died over that word and now it's the same as "bro"? WOW.... Tell that to MLK jr. Tell that to real civil rights leaders. Heck, tell that to any self respecting African American.

....... Same a bro or dude..... Lol, thts why them boys use that word until a black guy enters the room.... Then they revert back to using bro.

This ***** made generation man, I tell ya....

Did we die over the word or did we die for equal rights, you think martin or malcom ali etc. are gonna walk around " yo my ninja whats good" and when they hear a non black say it catch feelings, stop using the word first then you have the right to judge who uses it and who doesnt, hypocrite

Dudes wanna just jump on martins side because its a black vs white guy and they look at incognitos history and its an automatic unanimous decision, thats just not how it works

Or more likely it is because they don't agree with the actions of Richie. Nah, must be black v white and an automatic reaction :lol:

Did we die over the word or did we die for equal rights, you think martin or malcom ali etc. are gonna walk around " yo my ninja whats good" and when they hear a non black say it catch feelings, stop using the word first then you have the right to judge who uses it and who doesnt, hypocrite

Sure, you're absolutely right........ To be fair you also think this only getting heat because it is all a blk vs white racial thing so there's not much to logically talk to you about.

When someone asks you "hey would you like some chocolate?" Do you answer "WHY!?!? Because I'm black?!?!?!!!!!" ?

Last edited:
So Martin went to Stanford... And both his parents went to Harvard?

Seems to me like dude is only playing football because he can capitalize on the $$$$ but also because he likes it.

Dude knows he doesn't NEED this NFL life and can more than survive finding a lucrative career that doesn't include having grown men play prank's on him or leaving voicemails and texts to "toughen him up".

Martin would be fine outside of football.

Back
Top Bottom