Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

That's a problem giving lectures about you a** being your most important asset as a 30 something year old black woman.
It seems the Ted Talk is about the history of Twerking.

The thing is, she isn't just some average jane something-year-old black woman. She is one of the biggest pop stars in the country, and twerking is part of her act. Love of hate it

At the end of the day, I don't think it is that serious

I just find it highly ironic that her hit song is "truth hurts" but it seems like she only wants that to apply to men she deems inadequate. Looks like the truth is hurting her more than anyone.
Internet is a vicious place. Just like she has her ideal standard for men (nothing but tall muscular dudes in her vid), men have ideals for women as well.

Lizzo is absolutely correct.

You know what else?

Sagging pants can be traced to the great African traditional right of passage from boyhood to manhood.

Our forefathers would sag their pants to show that they are no longer wearing pull ups and that they are in fact "Big Kids now".

We should be just as proud of our young men for keeping our African traditions alive as Lizzo for twerking!

When you see this:

Alabama city tries to criminalize sagging pants 9-15-15.jpg

You're looking at our history.

Our ancestors would be proud! :lol:

Last edited:
Lizzo is absolutely correct.

You know what else?

Sagging pants can be traced to the great African traditional right of passage from boyhood to manhood.

Our forefathers would sag their pants to show that they are no longer wearing pull ups and that they are in fact "Big Kids now".

We should be just as proud of our young men for keeping our African traditions alive as Lizzo for twerking!

When you see this:

Alabama city tries to criminalize sagging pants 9-15-15.jpg

You're looking at our history.

Our ancestors would be proud!
You kid, but this is basically what society does. Take the most deplorable behavior and find a way to justify it.

From the normalization of black murder in songs:
"it's just entertainment"
"What about movies"
"They're just giving a detailed account of their life"

To women walking around in extremely revealing clothing:
"It's body positivity"
"She shouldn't have to cover up, men shouldn't look"

We know it's irresponsible behavior, but since people "want to do it" someone finds a way to justify it.

Last edited:
Ever dealt with a women that was slightly overweight and she ask you if she's fat. What happens when you tell her the truth? Even though you still find her attractive and don't care about the pounds like she does, she will make your life miserable. So miserable you will wish you would've lied. And it's a slippery slope.

Media caters to these type of silent relationship haymakers.

Ever dealt with a women that was slightly overweight and she ask you if she's fat. What happens when you tell her the truth? Even though you still find her attractive and don't care about the pounds like she does, she will make your life miserable. So miserable you will wish you would've lied. And it's a slippery slope.

I have never had this issue :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: wr

Man it's best to just ignore the comments they make about themselves.

Women that are around you and make fake jokes/comments about themselves is "Literally" the worst thing that can happen during an experience.

I just don't respond and/or act like I don't hear them. It is of NO benefit to us to even engage in those comments.

Unless you are in the business of lying and telling them what they want to hear.

I'm wondering why people care so much.

With all the trash female artist, she's probably sending out the least negative image. If her girth offends you, you can simply watch something else.

She's a super talented vocalist and musician (unlike 99 percent of the industry) yet wasted on body positivity instead and cheap shock value.

Quick question are the same people championing Lizzo, canceling Dababy?

I'm trying to imagine this demographic I keep hearing described here but I have never met a Lizzo fan in real life. I remember that one song she had on the radio about 2 years ago that I changed from every time it came on. It reached Pharrell's "Happy" and Iggy "Fancy" levels of annoying to me.

I assume her demo is, tween girls, youngish progressive white women and white gay men.

i know 4 people that went to the lizzo concert, and they roughly fit in those categories.

big lizzo fans, they seemed to have a grand ol time.

You kid, but this is basically what society does. Take the most deplorable behavior and find a way to justify it.

From the normalization of black murder in songs:
"it's just entertainment"
"What about movies"
"They're just giving a detailed account of their life"

To women walking around in bikinis:
"It's body positivity"
"She shouldn't have to cover up, men shouldn't look"

We know it's irresponsible behavior, but since people "want to do it" someone finds a way to justify it.
Bruh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Da moral panic

Women that are around you and make fake jokes/comments about themselves is "Literally" the worst thing that can happen during an experience.

I just don't respond and/or act like I don't hear them. It is of NO benefit to us to even engage in those comments.

Unless you are in the business of lying and telling them what they want to hear.
Is this that "happy wife, happy life my wife is always right" thing "successfully married cats do?"

Same ones, 5 years/75lbs later, will be saying "why didn't yall tell me how big i was getting back then". Lose/lose.

Chick i used to kick it with is real 'girl power'-ish and will get slightly offended if i mention that i liked her better when she was smaller/more fit.
One time she was talking about buying some expensive hair extensions. This is the exchange.
Screenshot_20210816-114810_Photos.jpg

Yeah i don’t think anyone’s mad here. It’s all jokes. She’s low hanging fruit and always will be because of how she acts and carries herself.
This is how it is for most famous people and she’s no exception.

Who is upset in here? Honest question??

Unfortunately in modern society, to disagree on any issue automatically implies someone has to be angry or upset. Everyone is in the business of persuading others into their viewpoint. Not accepting that not all people will agree because we're not the same person living the exact life with the exact experiences and outcomes.

Is this that "happy wife, happy life my wife is always right" thing "successfully married cats do?"
I guess man. If you are with a woman and she is getting bigger, there is nothing you can honestly do that wouldn't have you looking like a jerk in a Tyler PErry movie.

If you verbalize it in any manner, you are a jerk.
If you try to leave her hints by working out more and/or "leading" ( deuce king deuce king ) by example, then you are being passive aggressive.

So you just have to let her come around on her own.

Yea, I'm not in the business of lying man. I ain't even that type of dude but I won't be rude about it either.

Shorty said "African Traditions" and proceeded to host a Twerking Ted Talk :lol:

" Lizzo starts her conversation by noting that her "*** has been the topic of conversation" for many years. "My *** has been in magazines, Rihanna gave my *** a standing ovation," she noted. "Yes, my booty. My least favorite part of my body. How did this happen? Twerking." She added that through twerking, she discovered that her *** is her "greatest asset," before telling everyone, "Welcome to TED Twerk." According to an official synopsis from TED Talk, Lizzo also discussed how twerking traces back to West African dancing and its importance within Black culture. "

Move over great Black women of history...

A new champion has arrived.

...and her *** is her greatest asset!

My God.

I guess man. If you are with a woman and she is getting bigger, there is nothing you can honestly do that wouldn't have you looking like a jerk in a Tyler PErry movie.

If you verbalize it in any manner, you are a jerk.
If you try to leave her hints by working out more and/or "leading" ( deuce king deuce king ) by example, then you are being passive aggressive.

So you just have to let her come around on her own.

Yea, I'm not in the business of lying man. I ain't even that type of dude but I won't be rude about it either.
We're in the Santa Claus era. People prefer a lie that causes a smile rather than the truth that causes a frown. You can be honest and tactful, but i think that's somewhat of a talent honestly.

Back
Top Bottom