Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

"that's an acceptable black history month project."
damn (1).png

Shorty said "African Traditions" and proceeded to host a Twerking Ted Talk :lol:

" Lizzo starts her conversation by noting that her "*** has been the topic of conversation" for many years. "My *** has been in magazines, Rihanna gave my *** a standing ovation," she noted. "Yes, my booty. My least favorite part of my body. How did this happen? Twerking." She added that through twerking, she discovered that her *** is her "greatest asset," before telling everyone, "Welcome to TED Twerk." According to an official synopsis from TED Talk, Lizzo also discussed how twerking traces back to West African dancing and its importance within Black culture. "

Move over great Black women of history...

A new champion has arrived.

...and her *** is her greatest asset!

My God.
9BE9E9A4-C8B8-45B3-9F7D-35BD9C0BD083.gif

I knew i shouldn't have read that but i read it anyway🤦🏾‍♂️ 1 step forward, 100 steps back.
It's a wrap, people. We're in the McMedia era.
Just do whatever feels good and disregard consequences.

Yeah i don’t think anyone’s mad here. It’s all jokes. She’s low hanging fruit and always will be because of how she acts and carries herself.
This is how it is for most famous people and she’s no exception.
Yeah I don't think it is

Some of the comments are making takes about Lizzo and what that reflects about society, for some, it is beyond jokes

We don't have this long of a thread for every annoying celebrity. Seems to me there are things about Lizzo that irk dudes above the average attention-seeking celeb.

Yeah I don't think it is

Some of the comments are making takes about Lizzo and what that reflects about society, for some, it is beyond jokes

We don't have this long of a thread for every annoying celebrity. Seems to me there are things about Lizzo that irk dudes above the average attention-seeking celeb.

It can be both.

A caricature is a rendered image showing the features of its subject in a simplified or exaggerated way through sketching, pencil strokes, or through other artistic drawings. Caricatures can be insulting or complimentary and can serve a political purpose or be drawn solely for entertainment.

Minstrel shows were "entertainment" with a definite "political purpose".

Lizzo = caricature of Black women = a continuation of the Minstrel show = why people feel its "beyond jokes".

I for one can definitely see their point.

It can be both.

A caricature is a rendered image showing the features of its subject in a simplified or exaggerated way through sketching, pencil strokes, or through other artistic drawings. Caricatures can be insulting or complimentary and can serve a political purpose or be drawn solely for entertainment.

Minstrel shows were "entertainment" with a definite "political purpose".

Lizzo = caricature of Black women = a continuation of the Minstrel show = why people feel its "beyond jokes".

I for one can definitely see their point.
Sorry, but I'm not rocking with the concept that Lizzo is the equivalent of a modern-day minstrel show

And generally, I think a lot of the takes about her go beyond reasonable

This thread is thiiiiiissss close to going full RP. Who's going to be the martyr that sends it over the edge?

Sidenote a few months ago my girlfriend asked me if she got fat would I leave her. The answer was yes.

She was mad at me about it for a few hours but she got over it. Love is conditional.

This thread is thiiiiiissss close to going full RP. Who's going to be the martyr that sends it over the edge?

Sidenote a few months ago my girlfriend asked me if she got fat would I leave her. The answer was yes.

She was mad at me about it for a few hours but she got over it. Love is conditional.
Wait why was she mad

Sorry, but I'm not rocking with the concept that Lizzo is the equivalent of a modern-day minstrel show

And generally, I think a lot of the takes about her go beyond reasonable

No need to be sorry.

We all have different lived experiences / biases / triggers.

Its all jokes for me.

Lizzo is doing just fine w/o a dime of my money, but I can see how someone might have a problem with what she stands for / find her having a "Twerking Ted Talk" claiming its all in the name of "Black Heritage / African Tradition" = beyond reasonable.

Last edited:
I'm wondering why people care so much.

With all the trash female artist, she's probably sending out the least negative image. If her girth offends you, you can simply watch something else.
The complaints around the original incident that sparked this incident was funny af…Dudes was in here talking bout “decency” , “family entertainment and think of the children” , and worrying bout shorty weight/health like they actually gave a F :lol: …Ppl mad that a big joint got the audacity to twerk in public is hilarious and as “fake outrage” as it gets :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I’m sorry but I think the Ted Twerk Talk is hilarious. She right about her *** being a topic for discussion for many years, tho. How old is this thread?:lol:
The real issue here is “they” done did it again with twerk, took that **** over and found a way to run it in the ground and make it corny as usual :lol: …But not surprising , that happens with everything :smh:

hamilton exists so white people think they're cool and rap is acceptable when it's about white history. Also if I saw lizzo with those rikishi pants at a game, I would've puked.

I agree with just about everything that was stated in this video……..the one and only exception would be the narrator feeling sorry for Lizzo. I don’t feel sorry for Lizzo at all……she should know what she is signing up for. Like someone said earlier……why go on the internet just to cry, it comes across as extremely weak and desperate for attention. At the end of the day the vast majority won’t feel sorry for Lizzo.

If there was one word to describe Lizzo……it wouldn’t be “celebrity”…”artist” or even “musician”…..the word to use would be “fat”. When I and others think of Lizzo that is what we think of. I and others on here are thinking about image and more importantly the image of black women……so we aren’t going to compliment Lizzo or give her praise for being fat. Nobody from what I can see in here is “losing sleep” over Lizzo and her actions…..folks are just commenting on her actions and missteps. Personally I don’t care for the image Lizzo and the INDUSTRY behind her is trying to portray………so with that being said I have no problem calling at Lizzo and the puppet managers behind her and THEIR AGENDA. Black men should help push our women to be better health wise and more……as they should push us to be better health wise and more as well.

I bet 10 racks that Lizzo isn’t attracted to big/fat dudes. Show me one or how many fat dudes Lizzo has heaped praise for.....

There’s probably a dude RIGHT now in Lizzo’s DMs that’s built just like her, but she overlooks him. This is the crux of the problem.

she wants men to like big women (I love big women myself, but they HAVE to be curvy. Supersized butt, supersized or small boobs, idc) they have to be curvy. But I bet she doesn’t like big men.

She’d take skinny or regular sized dude over a big guy every time. I’d bet money.

so it’s like, you want us to be attracted to big women, but you yourself aren’t attracted to men who are built like you. She need to gone somewhere with the nonsense

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom