Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

Ok fine, you don't personally like it. I don't really listen to her music so I don't really care either way

But if you making takes about her feeding her family, maybe we should look at how it has been commercially received so far.

She could've realeased a recording of her farts ft Cardi B and
It would be commercially well received. :lol:

People are getting at her just because she’s big which is wrong

Nah, I think any and everybody that gets on her about her weight is doing the right thing. If it forces Lizzo to either lose weight at a fast pace or recognize that there is no such thing as “body positivity” when you look like her then I’m all for it. We don’t need anymore large mammy’s out here.

My man Osh really in here reviewing and comparing Lizzo tracks :lol: :smh: I don’t think I’ve heard one of her songs in my life. SRS. But there’s 10MM folks out there rocking with her new music video so whatever she’s doing is working

Lol I enjoy good pop songs, and I got a 16 year old niece who loves music, so I listen to songs she likes so I can give her my hot takes. :lol:

We had a long discussion about Olivia Rodrigo recently,

I liked Sour, very Taylor Swift writing style but more traditional pop sonically. :lol:

People are getting at her just because she’s big which is wrong

On the flip side, when people cry with a phone in front of their face and post it, it just makes me feel like it’s a cheap attempt to gather support and to get people on your side.
Her selling point was that she was big. If you want the attention know that it comes at both sides. Let’s not sit here and act like she don’t know about having more than one side ….

I find her personality to be grating and white people like her just a liiiiittle too much if that makes sense.

but her talent level is undeniable.

We know why. It is kinda in a patronizing type of way.

They love their big black womens and always have.

They ain't your friends Lizzo, they are laughing at you behind your back and turning their noses up at you when you aren't there.

Nah, I think any and everybody that gets on her about her weight is doing the right thing. If it forces Lizzo to either lose weight at a fast pace or recognize that there is no such thing as “body positivity” when you look like her then I’m all for it. We don’t need anymore large mammy’s out here.
I have a good friend that has dropped about 150 lbs. She pretty much was Lizzo size. She has been extremely disciplined. 5 am workouts, eating healthy, scheduled day and in bed on time. She told me she cringes looking back at her old self how loud and proud she was of her weight was self forced positivity when she wasn't happy or healthy. She said she's had to do a lot of self work to shed the "big girl" personality and be brutally honest with herself.

Quick question are the same people championing Lizzo, canceling Dababy?

I'm trying to imagine this demographic I keep hearing described here but I have never met a Lizzo fan in real life. I remember that one song she had on the radio about 2 years ago that I changed from every time it came on. It reached Pharrell's "Happy" and Iggy "Fancy" levels of annoying to me.

Her voters:

Black folks got nothing to do with that...

Just like Lil Nas X.

We dont know these people.

I wonder if this is still her "KEy Demo?"

I think someone else mentioned her main demo aren't black folks.

I personally don't know any LIzzo fans. Does anyone else ?

Ima have to get hipped because it just doesn't make sense to me. She sings about not caring what people think then crying on the gram the next day. It's obvious that deep down she isn't content with her weight.

People are complicated though, so it is what it is.

Just listened to that most recent song, super trash.

I wonder if this is still her "KEy Demo?"

I think someone else mentioned her main demo aren't black folks.

I personally don't know any LIzzo fans. Does anyone else ?
They use her like they use Carrie B. “Hey look at this __________ type of black person! Let’s point and laugh! Aren’t they funny to look at? Don’t they look and talk funny????” It’s their marketing strategy.

This is weird

If you want to retain your blackness in intellectual spaces, this is there prescribed role for you.

Les_Curieux_en_extase.jpg

Instead of solving racism, it just keeps on changing clothes.

She could've realeased a recording of her farts ft Cardi B and
It would be commercially well received. :lol:
Osh Kosh Bosh, maybe you should tell this to....Osh Kosh Bosh...

That new Rumors single aint it.
video is also terrible.

she better be carful, can't feed your family with Huffington post body positivity think pieces.

all those people writing about your "bravery" will forget you just that fast if the music doesn't hit.

Since he seemed concerned about what the commercial reception of this song might mean for her career.

Again, some of you dudes are too triggered by this woman
Dudes on here are literally personally offended that she can be what they deem unattractive, unhealthy, fat, and yet still so charismatic, confident, talented. Mad she doesn't look like Saweetie who I guarantee nobody is checking for her "musical talents" either but in a fantasy scenario where the opportunity and reciprocating desire presented itself, at least they would bless her with the D.

New song isn't my cup of tea, but calling her fat and being upset and wanting her to be less happy about her life and shine her light less because of it wouldn't help my life in any way. I hope she continues to be successful. She has Grammy's and AMA's, BET Awards, etc. I'm sure a lightweight male chauvinist message board on the internet isn't her target demo anyways.

Back
Top Bottom