Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

Japan is unique in the sense that their culture is extremely focused on work ethic and honoring those you're close to.  Suicide is an issue in Japan, but it has nothing to do with how secular the country is.  If it was, all nations with overwhelmingly secular populations would have this problem.  This stems from the insane emphasis on hard work and being successful.

Not really concerned about the abortion statistic.
If we talking morals, lets talk murder.
Shoot.

Japan is unique in the sense that their culture is extremely focused on work ethic and honoring those you're close to.  Suicide is an issue in Japan, but it has nothing to do with how secular the country is.  If it was, all nations with overwhelmingly secular populations would have this problem.  This stems from the insane emphasis on hard work and being successful.

Perhaps there is too much focus on being "successful" and "Hard work"?

I'd say their suicide issue is a secular issue.

Abortion... I want to touch on this topic... I think I will... Why aren't you concerned?

I'm happy to see another brother here on #NT you have a big calling to be an evangelist. Your boldness will take you real far. Keep expanding the kingdom and stop at not cost, we must persevere no matter what. Where do you reside at?
Will do. Just have to remember who I am doing it for.

MD on breaks, NM in the school year.

Perhaps there is too much focus on being "successful" and "Hard work"?

I'd say their suicide issue is a secular issue.

Abortion... I want to touch on this topic... I think I will... Why aren't you concerned?
I'm not concerned because I find abortion to be a morally superior option compared to raising an unwanted child or putting a child up for adoption/foster care.

Since I'm getting a little more active in this thread, I might as well be specific on where I stand:

I became Christian in 09. Always believe in God, but became Christian in 09. I became a leader in the youth ministry a couple months later.

I preached at youth gatherings. Taught bible studies. Arranged concerts and dvbs (bible school in the summer for kids).

I stepped down about two years ago.

I said earlier the reason why is to make way for the new generation, but that isn't the only reason why.

As time went on, I had more questions. Not doubt, but questions. I believe all the stories in the bible, the ones that others look at crazy. Noah's ark, burning bush, etc. I believe in super natural things happening.

What I was questioning or am questioning, is all the messed up things going on in the world. Like yes, the devil can lead people to evil and sin. But God, why aren't you doing anything about it? It frustrates me and makes me angry. Can't no youth leader be angry at God then go preaching at a youth night. :lol:

I also feel like some things are just unfair. The idea of "good" people going to hell, just be they don't believe in Jesus, etc.

There's more but typing from an iPad is not the biz.

Last edited:
Indeed there are.

Whether the nonbelievers want to
admit it or not we have more
killings over in the states thanks 
to the decline of morality.
UH OH! Going into deep waters of truth now that everyone turned a blind eye to.
Truth? :lol:

Slavery was over religious principles (the story of Cain & Abel).

Same w/ segregation.

Now... JUST TALKING ABOUT BLACK MURDERS IN THIS COUNTRY... you're telling me that we are reaching THOSE murder numbers today?

And that's not even bringing up the Civil War (which was in part over religious principles), or the nearly complete annihilation of Native Americans (also religious).

The truth you've been told isn't supported by actual facts (that statement is both literal and allegorical).

Last edited:
Here's a question to the atheist posters? Do you believe there is a satanic force or evil forces that operate?

Truth? :lol:

Slavery was over religious principles (the story of Cain & Abel).

Same w/ segregation.

Now... JUST TALKING ABOUT BLACK MURDERS IN THIS COUNTRY... you're telling me that we are reaching THOSE murder numbers today?

And that's not even bringing up the Civil War (which was in part over religious principles), or the nearly complete annihilation of Native Americans (also religious).

The truth you've been told isn't supported by actual facts (that statement is both literal and allegorical).

I see a lot of MEN using GOD as an excuse. I was just reading about the slavery aspect last night but fell asleep. I'll provide the link if anyone would like.

You aint got the answers SKA!

:lol: had to

Last edited:

I don't believe in anything supernatural.

No evidence=not buying it.
You can't see the wind either but it still blows right?
There's evidence that wind exists, ya turkey.

Did you really think that was a compelling rebuttal? 
roll.gif

Off topic but Michael Jordan is a very interesting person... Massive ego. Great shoes but sheesh :lol:

Did you really think that was a compelling rebuttal? :rofl:

Don't take it so literal, I'm just saying people usually say if I can't see it, I don't believe it. Wasn't meant to be a compelling rebuttal, was just a simple question. So, what about people that say they heard voices saying to kill their sons or daughters? Would you say they're just crazy?

I don't believe in anything supernatural.

No evidence=not buying it.
Supernatural? The bing bang theory followed by everything leading up to now
laugh.gif

I see you are a show me guy. I get that.
Did you miss the post where I said "I don't know and neither do you"?

As far as we know, the Big Bang theory is the best explanation we have.  Do I put much stock into it? Not exactly.  Do I think it's the end-all, be-all explanation? No. 

It's not about being a "show me" guy.  I don't need to see something before my eyes to know it's true.  I just need evidence.

I've never seen Australia, never seen Saturn, but there's enough evidence out there to conclude that these things exist.

The same can't be said about god.

Did you really think that was a compelling rebuttal? 
roll.gif
Don't take it so literal, I'm just saying people usually say if I can't see it, I don't believe it. Wasn't meant to be a compelling rebuttal, was just a simple question. So, what about people that say they heard voices saying to kill their sons or daughters? Would you say they're just crazy?
Yep.

When the problem can be corrected using pharmaceuticals that alter neurotransmitters, I'd safe to say that these things are a figment of their imagination and a by-product of their illness.

I also feel like some things are just unfair. The idea of "good" people going to hell, just be they don't believe in Jesus, etc.

There's more but typing from an iPad is not the biz.
The story of Job has always rubbed me the wrong way. So this God, merciful, loving God wiped away his family just so he can prove a point to him.
It always bugged me when I heard it as a kid.
I was raised in the church, salvation, everlasting life etc. As I grew older the more I kept my distance. Now, religion is not something I want to pass on to my future children but definitely for historical purpose and reference.
I'm not knocking religion and it's dogma, for some believing is worth the world to them.

I know the Atheists got something witty for that.
You do NOT want to make this a logic competition.

Stories of bushes being on fire w/o burning, the entire planet drowning, EVERY ANIMAL fitting on a boat, a woman giving birth despite being a virgin, a man having HIS ENTIRE BODY flown into heaven, a whale delivering a guy where god wanted, a man lifting a stick and splitting a sea in half, and a woman turning to salt for looking backwards...

... and you want to bring LOGIC into question? :rofl:

Let's get back to civil discussion, and not do this again.

The story of Job has always rubbed me the wrong way. So this God, merciful, loving God wiped away his family just so he can prove a point to him.
It always bugged me when I heard it as a kid.
I was raised in the church, salvation, everlasting life etc. As I grew older the more I kept my distance. Now, religion is not something I want to pass on to my future children but definitely for historical purpose and reference.
I'm not knocking religion and it's dogma, for some believing is worth the world to them.
He gave devil authority, but not to take Jobs life.

and he was blessed with more than he had

before the tragedies after he stayed faithful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom