Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

I think I get it.....  Man needs something to believe in.  I guess it helps with the aching/wandering soul.

I feel like we are designed this way. That would account for why almost every civilization, now and through time has some sort of belief system. That innate sense of something greater :smokin

“If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in a quite different world.” - Christopher Hitchens

I will pick one
G: G. Death or illness is caused by sin (Gen 2:17, Lev 26:16, 21, 25, Deut 7:15, 28:21, 27, James 1:15).

Death: Sin caused MAN a physically and spiritual death (man was never meant to die)

ILLNESS: Homosexuals and HIV, fornication; sleeping with prostitutes, ***** ect..= HERPES or any other permanent STD :x

Last edited:
Any one want to talk about Revelations and End Time prophecy?

Me and a Jehovah witness from my job was just talking about it this morning.

“If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in a quite different world.” - Christopher Hitchens
This.

They pumped this non-sense into my head in Kindergarden. I thought it was a cool story at 5. I take it all you Christians believe in Santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy, right?

Sure,I have problems...call me a mini putty.

At the end of the day, you blindly follow and base your whole life on an invisible man.

I will pick one
G: G. Death or illness is caused by sin (Gen 2:17, Lev 26:16, 21, 25, Deut 7:15, 28:21, 27, James 1:15).

Death: Sin caused MAN a physically and spiritual death (man was never meant to die)

ILLNESS: Homosexuals and HIV, fornication; sleeping with prostitutes, ***** ect..= HERPES or any other permanent STD
sick.gif
I can't take you seriously.

You're correlating Homosexuality with HIV!

Help me understand prayer. Prayer, to me, is a contradiction. Isn't asking for something in prayer essentially saying god's plan for you doesn't suit your liking and you know how to remedy it?

@ Edshocator

SON who has the highest percentage of HIV Rates

Men who have sex with men or Heterosexual men ??

Do you think that is by coincidence?? :nerd:

The evidence for our New Testament writings is ever so much greater than the evidence for many

writings of classical authors, the authenticity of which no one dreams of questioning. And if the New

Testament were a collection of secular writings, their authenticity would generally be regarded as beyond

all doubt.

It is a curious fact that historians have often been much readier to trust the New Testament

records than have many theologians.

Somehow or other, there are people who regard a 'sacred book' as

ipso facto under suspicion, and demand much more corroborative evidence for such a work than they

would for an ordinary secular or pagan writing From the viewpoint of the historian, the same standards

must be applied to both.

But we do not quarrel with those who want more evidence for the New

Testament than for other writings;

firstly, because the universal claims which the New Testament makes

upon mankind are so absolute, and the character and works of its chief Figure so unparalleled, that we

want to be as sure of its truth as we possibly can; and secondly, because in point of fact there is much

more evidence for the New Testament than for other ancient writings of comparable date.

There are in existence about 5,000 Greek manuscripts of the New Testament in whole or in part.

The best and most important of these go back to somewhere about AD 350, the two most important being the

Codex Vaticanus, the chief treasure of the Vatican Library in Rome, and the well known Codex

Sinaiticus, which the British Government purchased from the Soviet Government for £100,000 on

Christmas Day, 1933, and which is now the chief treasure of the British Museum.

Two other important early MSS in this country are the Codex Alexandrinus, also in the British Museum, written in the fifth

century, and the Codex Bezae:, in Cambridge University Library, written in the fifth or sixth century, and

containing the Gospels and Acts in both Greek and Latin.

To sum up, we may quote the verdict of the late Sir Frederic Kenyon, a scholar whose authority to make

pronouncements on ancient MSS was second to none:

'The interval then between the data of original. composition and the earliest extant evidence become so

small to be in fact negligible, and the last foundation for any doubt that the Scripture have come down

to us substantially as they were written has now been removed. Both the authenticity and the general

integrity of the books of the New Testament may be regarded as finally established.'

From: Are The New Testament Documents: Are They Reliable? by FF Bruce.

http://www.ncbible.info/MoodRes/Transmission/NTDocuments-Reliable-Bruce.pdf

Help me understand prayer. Prayer, to me, is a contradiction. Isn't asking for something in prayer essentially saying god's plan for you doesn't suit your liking and you know how to remedy it?

In my opinion prayer can be chalked up to a number of things,

The Principle of Correspondence embodies the idea that there is always a correspondence between the laws of phenomena of the various "planes" of being and life.[2] As above, so below; as below, so above. This principle states that there is a harmony, agreement and correspondence between these planes, delineated as:

The Great Physical Plane
The Great Mental Plane
The Great Spiritual Plane

The Principle of Cause and Effect explains that there is a cause for every effect, and an effect for every cause.[12] It also states that there is no such thing as chance, that chance is merely a term indicating extant causes not recognized or perceived.[13] The Principle is clarified in the chapter Causation.

The law of attraction is the name given to the belief that "like attracts like" and that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts, one can bring about positive or negative results.[1][2][3][4] This belief is based upon the idea that people and their thoughts are both made from "pure energy", and the belief that like energy attracts like energy.[5] One example used by a proponent of the law of attraction is that if a person opened an envelope expecting to see a bill, then the law of attraction would "confirm" those thoughts and contain a bill when opened. A person who decided to instead expect a cheque might, under the same law, find a cheque instead of a bill.[6]

@Retro23J

Agree To disagree. I really appreciate the fact that you actually broke down the literature and said this was your point of view.

As far as this passage

Isaiah 14:12-15 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit.

Is that not exactly what Jesus did? Descend from the heavens to make people like god?

And can you provide me some literature extraneous of the bible as people referring to themselves as gods but relative to those specific passages ?
No doubt man, good stuff.

For the Isiah passage, yes/no.

Lucifer fell from heaven and has been convincing people since Eve that they will be just like God by doing what He says not to do. His logic is that when God tells us not to do something it's because He is hiding something amazing from us. If we do it, we'll be like Him, so we should.

God descended from heaven to earth in order to ultimately make a way for people to be like Him.

Lucifer fell and produced a lie that leads to death. God willingly came and provided the truth that leads to life.

Also, I missed something with the earlier Psalms 82 passage. The word Elohim in place of God is used, which can also be translated to "judge(s)". This is relative because of Israel's use of judges for jurisdiction.

I'll look around for some literature, I want to read more about it also.

@ Edshocator

SON who has the highest percentage of HIV Rates

Men who have sex with men or Heterosexual men ??

Do you think that is by coincidence??
nerd.gif
Christ, the hate monger.

Africa as a whole has the highest percent of HIV rates.

It's not a "gay" disease you dolt.

Ed, you sounding like the one with the most hate right now
Of course YOU would say that.

A list was posted that begged for answers.

What this dude do?

Say homosexuals get HIV because they're sinners.

We got gay NTers, I have gay family members...HOW IGNORANT TO PLACE THAT STATEMENT behind a belief in GOD.

Back
Top Bottom