Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

Religion is a poison. This thread is proof. You have dudes making ignorant statements all around and denying cold hard FACTS. Wake up people.

Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are more severely affected by HIV than any other group in the United States. Read more about prevention challenges for MSM and what CDC is doing to address them in HIV Among Gay, Bisexual, and Other Men Who Have Sex With Men.  
[h3]Fast Facts[/h3]
  • Gay and bisexual men are more severely affected by HIV than any other group in the United States.
  • Among all gay and bisexual men, black/African American gay and bisexual men bear a disproportionate burden of HIV.
  • From 2008 to 2010, HIV infections among young black/African American gay and bisexual men increased 20%.
msmfact.jpg
Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM)[sup]a[/sup] represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, young gay and bisexual men (aged 13-24 years) accounted for 72% of new HIV infections among all persons aged 13 to 24, and 30% of new infections among all gay and bisexual men. At the end of 2010, an estimated 489,121 (56%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were gay and bisexual men, or gay and bisexual men who also inject drugs.
[h2]The Numbers[/h2][h4]New HIV Infections[sup]b[/sup][/h4]
  • In 2010, gay and bisexual men accounted for 63% of estimated new HIV infections in the United States and 78% of infections among all newly infected men. From 2008 to 2010, new HIV infections increased 22% among young (aged 13-24) gay and bisexual men and 12% among gay and bisexual men overall.
  • Among all gay and bisexual men, white gay and bisexual men accounted for 11,200 (38%) estimated new HIV infections in 2010. The largest number of new infections among white gay and bisexual men (3,300; 29%) occurred in those aged 25 to 34.
  • Among all gay and bisexual men, black/African American gay and bisexual men accounted for 10,600 (36%) estimated new HIV infections in 2010. The largest number of new infections among black/African American gay and bisexual men (4,800; 45%) occurred in those aged 13 to 24. From 2008 to 2010 new infections increased 20% among young black/African American gay and bisexual men aged 13 to 24.
  • Among all gay and bisexual men, Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men accounted for 6,700 (22%) estimated new HIV infections in 2010. The largest number of new infections among Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men (3,300; 39%) occurred in those aged 25 to 34.
[h4]Estimates of New HIV Infections in the United States for the Most-Affected Subpopulations, 2010[/h4]
<a href="javascript:tongue:opUpChart('http://wwwdev.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/images/large_msm_chart.jpg');">
msm_hiv_cases_graph_2014.jpg
hide $('.popImage').click(function() { var src = $(this).attr('url'); var size = $(this).attr('rel'); window.open( src, "_blank", "resizable=yes,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,status=no,+"+size); }); //

Source: CDC. Estimated HIV incidence among adults and adolescents in the United States, 2007–2010. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2012;17(4). Subpopulations representing 2% or less of the overall US epidemic are not reflected in this chart. Abbreviations: MSM, men who have sex with men; IDU, injection drug user.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/facts/index.html

Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) are more severely affected by HIV than any other group in the United States. Read more about prevention challenges for MSM and what CDC is doing to address them in HIV Among Gay, Bisexual, and Other Men Who Have Sex With Men.  

[h3]Fast Facts[/h3]

• Gay and bisexual men are more severely affected by HIV than any other group in the United States.
  • Among all gay and bisexual men, black/African American gay and bisexual men bear a disproportionate burden of HIV.
  • From 2008 to 2010, HIV infections among young black/African American gay and bisexual men increased 20%.
msmfact.jpg

Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM)[SUP]a[/SUP] represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, young gay and bisexual men (aged 13-24 years) accounted for 72% of new HIV infections among all persons aged 13 to 24, and 30% of new infections among all gay and bisexual men. At the end of 2010, an estimated 489,121 (56%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were gay and bisexual men, or gay and bisexual men who also inject drugs.

[h2]The Numbers[/h2]

[h4]New HIV Infections[SUP]b[/SUP][/h4]

• In 2010, gay and bisexual men accounted for 63% of estimated new HIV infections in the United States and 78% of infections among all newly infected men. From 2008 to 2010, new HIV infections increased 22% among young (aged 13-24) gay and bisexual men and 12% among gay and bisexual men overall.
  • Among all gay and bisexual men, white gay and bisexual men accounted for 11,200 (38%) estimated new HIV infections in 2010. The largest number of new infections among white gay and bisexual men (3,300; 29%) occurred in those aged 25 to 34.
  • Among all gay and bisexual men, black/African American gay and bisexual men accounted for 10,600 (36%) estimated new HIV infections in 2010. The largest number of new infections among black/African American gay and bisexual men (4,800; 45%) occurred in those aged 13 to 24. From 2008 to 2010 new infections increased 20% among young black/African American gay and bisexual men aged 13 to 24.
  • Among all gay and bisexual men, Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men accounted for 6,700 (22%) estimated new HIV infections in 2010. The largest number of new infections among Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men (3,300; 39%) occurred in those aged 25 to 34.
[h4]Estimates of New HIV Infections in the United States for the Most-Affected Subpopulations, 2010[/h4]

msm_hiv_cases_graph_2014.jpg

Source: CDC. Estimated HIV incidence among adults and adolescents in the United States, 2007–2010. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2012;17(4). Subpopulations representing 2% or less of the overall US epidemic are not reflected in this chart. Abbreviations: MSM, men who have sex with men; IDU, injection drug user.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/facts/index.html
We know gay men have a higher risk of getting hiv because of anal sex which tears tissue.

BUT WHAT ABOUT LESBIANS???? :nerd:

Last edited:
The moon has a light of its own (Isa 13:10, Matt 24:29)
The sun shall be dark at its rising, and the moon not send out its light. - Is 13:10 (M 24:25 is a repeat)
If the sun black then the moon wont reflect its light.

We know gay men have a higher risk of getting hiv because of anal sex which tears tissue.

BUT WHAT ABOUT LESBIANS???? :nerd:
lol. Cant be serious.

Last edited:
Where in all this data does it say Homosexual Men contract HIV because of their sins?

Last edited:
The sun shall be dark at its rising, and the moon not send out its light. - Is 13:10 (M 24:25 is a repeat)
lol. Cant be serious.
Whats not serious? Are lesbians not considered homosexual?
Why isnt the hiv rate high with lesbian women as well?
Does god favor women over men and spared them from hiv infection

Last edited:
Whats not serious? Are lesbians not considered homosexual?
Why isnt the hiv rate high with lesbian women as well?

No penetration with flesh, unless you they get a paper cut ( or cut in the mouth/ tongue), no hiv.

Last edited:
Scientific Inaccuracies, inconsistencies, fallacies of the Bible

G. Death or illness is caused by sin (Gen 2:17, Lev 26:16, 21, 25, Deut 7:15, 28:21, 27, James 1:15).
Gen 2:17 - but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die

Lev 26:14 - 16 - "'But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, then I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it.

Deut 7:15 - The LORD will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you

Deut 28:21 - The LORD will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess

Deut 28:15 - However, if you do not obey the LORD your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you

James 1:15 - Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death

James 1:13,14 - When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.

I was going to do the ones below as well,
H. God himself believes that a house or clothes can have leprosy and he details the remedy. Lev 13, 14.

I. Seed must "die" before it grows (John 12:24, 1 Cor 15:36).

M. A river divides into four rivers and they flow in different directions (Gen 2:10).

Q. Earthquakes can occur in heaven (Heb 12:26).

R. Rainwater does not return to the sky (Isa 55:10).

S. Blood is "life" (Deut 12:23). Breath is "life" (Gen 2:7).

V. The stars can be made to fall (Matt 24:29, Mark 13:25).

C1. Levi existed as a person in the loins of his great-grandfather (Heb 7:9-10).

E1. Bees will build a hive in a dead carcass (Judg 14:
glasses.gif

F1. Salt can lose its saltiness (Matt 5:13, Mark 9:50, Luke 14:34).
But I'm seeing a trend that a single scripture is posted and labeled inaccurate or a fallacy when all that's needed is to read the preceding verse.

Due diligence(reading) will clear up the inaccuracy and confusion from a copy/paste of someone's website who's throwing labels around.

Like this one - Q. Earthquakes can occur in heaven (Heb 12:26).

What does the scripture actually say?

Religion politics and money. All one in the same. The holy trinity of western civilization.

There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who condone slavery and those who condone freedom in it's true definition.

Last edited:
What was your take on it fam?

It was more about God showing satan that he is a liar. Showing that conversations occur in the spirit realm between God and satan regarding you(In this case Job) that we're not made privy of. Job was never even made aware of the conversation that God had with satan regarding him. Bad things just started happening. Even after he was given back double, he wasn't informed why.

But the book also goes against a lot of what a few in here have been saying in regards to people only thanking God for the good and the "I must have done something bad to deserve this" claims when bad happens. It also gives some insight on why you should give thanks in all things.
What if the story was made up as a way to convince believers that their suffering is the result of spiritual dialogue where 'god' is sticking up for them? :nerd:

One way to find out the legitimacy of the story would be to look into whether or not there is any sort of historical record of Job & his successes/tragedies. Someone who was THAT prosperous and came down THAT hard, surely there's record of it.

Gen 2:17 - but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die

Lev 26:14 - 16 - "'But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, then I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it.

Deut 7:15 - The LORD will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you
Deut 28:21 - The LORD will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess
Deut 28:15 - However, if you do not obey the LORD your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you

James 1:15 - Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death
James 1:13,14 - When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.

I was going to do the ones below as well,

But I'm seeing a trend that a single scripture is posted and labeled inaccurate or a fallacy when all that's needed is to read the preceding verse.
Due diligence(reading) will clear up the inaccuracy and confusion from a copy/paste of someone's website who's throwing labels around.

Like this one - Q. Earthquakes can occur in heaven (Heb 12:26).
What does the scripture actually say?
26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.”

voice shook the earth= earth quake

but also the heavens= earth quake in heaven

Am I missing something??

What if the story was made up as a way to convince believers that their suffering is the result of spiritual dialogue where 'god' is sticking up for them?
nerd.gif

One way to find out the legitimacy of the story would be to look into whether or not there is any sort of historical record of Job & his successes/tragedies. Someone who was THAT prosperous and came down THAT hard, surely there's record of it.
I was trying to word it that way as well last night.

Is there a record of Ezekiel, James and Paul being real?

26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.”

Am I missing something??
Well my mom used to tell me thunder was GOD yelling at me for not behaving in class.

Last edited:
Religion politics and money. All one in the same. The holy trinity of western civilization.

There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who condone slavery and those who condone freedom in it's true definition.
"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" -Galatians 5:13

Am I missing something??
Yeah, heaven isn't earth so why is earth quake being used when it should just be "quake".

Scientific Inaccuracies, inconsistencies, fallacies of the Bible

A. Earth is about 6000 years old, as calculated from the genealogies in Gen and Luke 3. (see the problem of a young earth later in the outline)

B. Birds were created before land animals (Gen 1:20, 24). - Fossil record shows exact opposite

C. Earth has four corners, and floats on water (Isa 11:12, Ps 24:2, 136:6, Rev 7:1).

D. Earth is a circular disk (Isa 40:22).

E. Earth is flat (these verses were used for centuries by the church to prove this: Ps 93:1, Jer 10:13, Dan 4:10-11, Zech 9:10, Matt 4:8, Rev 1:7)

F. Earth does not move (Ps 93:1, 96:10, 104:5, 1 Chr 16:30).

G. Death or illness is caused by sin (Gen 2:17, Lev 26:16, 21, 25, Deut 7:15, 28:21, 27, James 1:15).

H. God himself believes that a house or clothes can have leprosy and he details the remedy. Lev 13, 14.

I. Seed must "die" before it grows (John 12:24, 1 Cor 15:36).

J. Snakes eat dust (Gen 3:14, Isa 65:25).

K. Every beast shall fear man (Gen 9:2).

L. The ostrich abandons her eggs (Job 39:13-16).

M. A river divides into four rivers and they flow in different directions (Gen 2:10).

N. There was no rainbow before Noah's time (Gen 9:11-17).

O. Thunder is God's voice (Ps 77:18).

P. Earthquakes are caused by God's anger (Job 9:5, Ps 18:7, 77:18, 97:4, Isa 2:19, 24:20, 29:6, Jer 10:10, Ezek 38:20, Nah 1:5). Or by his voice (Heb 12:26). Or by Lucifer (Isa 14:16).

Q. Earthquakes can occur in heaven (Heb 12:26).

R. Rainwater does not return to the sky (Isa 55:10).

S. Blood is "life" (Deut 12:23). Breath is "life" (Gen 2:7).

T. Moon will turn to blood (Acts 2:20).

U. The moon has a light of its own (Isa 13:10, Matt 24:29).

V. The stars can be made to fall (Matt 24:29, Mark 13:25).

W. The bat is a bird (Lev 11:13,19, Deut 14:11, 18).

X. The whale is a fish (Jonah 1:17, Matt 12:40).

Y. Whales were created before insects (Gen 1:21-24).

Z. Jonah is able to survive three days and nights in the belly of the fish without oxygen and without being digested (Jonah1:17, 2:10).

A1. The hare chews the cud (Lev 11:5-6).

B1. Some fowl and insects have four legs (Lev 11:20-23).

C1. Levi existed as a person in the loins of his great-grandfather (Heb 7:9-10).

D1. Cattle will produce striped offspring if they see striped poles when breeding (Gen 30:37-41).

E1. Bees will build a hive in a dead carcass (Judg 14:8).

F1. Salt can lose its saltiness (Matt 5:13, Mark 9:50, Luke 14:34).

G1. Slugs / Snails melt as they move (Ps 58:8)

G2. Noah’s Flood

1. Why the ordered fossil layering of plant and animals? The common answer is that simpler lifeforms could not flee the floodwater and so are on the bottom. How did plants move away from the flood to end up with fossilized forests on top of other fossilized forests? Why do we not find one lame human that couldn’t flee? Why didn’t dinosaurs make it to the hills?

2. Where did all of the water come from and where did it go? (Conservative estimates need about 3x the amount of water in the entire earth, it’s polar caps and it’s atmosphere to cover the mountains like the bible says.)

3. The ancient egyptians were already keeping records for hundreds of years before the flood and did not seem to notice that their entire civilization was wiped out, or that a flood occurred at all.

4. The Djoser Step Pyramid and the Great Pyramid of Cheops were both built hundreds of years before the flood with no evidence of water damage.

5. If the flood created fossils, and two of every kind were on the ark, then that means that we have to have two of each “kind” of fossil we have ever found. What about the special diets and environmental needs of some of these animals on the ark? How did they have the manpower to feed these animals, how did the food to keep these animals alive stay fresh?

6. How did the ark stay afloat? The longest wooden ships today are around 350 feet and are banded with iron clasps and must be continuously pumped due to leaking in wood. The ark was 450 feet long.

7. Why are the vast majority of fossils found in riverbeds and other aquatic areas if the whole earth including dry land was covered in water?

8. Distribution of animals - If Noah’s ark landed in Turkey, why would marsupials go back to Australia where we find the majority of marsupial fossils that were deposited by the flood. Why didn’t marsupial disperse out from turkey?
:nerd:
Infallible, they said. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom