THREAD ABOUT SITUATIONS (T.A.S) VOL. CORONA EDITION

Never knew this thread even existed, I remember knocking down a coworker years ago. She worked the night shift but I saw her one Saturday while I was doing overtime. Linked up took care of business. I would have her call me when she was leaving work to stop through. Stumbled to the door at 1AM blow them backs out and go back to sleep. Had another coworker at the same job come through another night, good times back in the day at Network Solutions.

Lastly linked up with a PR woman who is a director in another department. Can't even lie thing was amazing, geyser every session.

what’s good my guys, been a minute

still been taking time to focus on myself and get on my **** since my break up. lost 65 pounds so far, got back in class and got one semester left now, got a promotion at work that came with back to back raises

all in all, shorty hit me a while back but i didn’t respond. i hit her on some late night **** but decided not to go through with it. i’m off shorty, and just worried about getting myself right. gon stay low for a couple more months and pop out next summer

what’s good my guys, been a minute

still been taking time to focus on myself and get on my **** since my break up. lost 65 pounds so far, got back in class and got one semester left now, got a promotion at work that came with back to back raises

all in all, shorty hit me a while back but i didn’t respond. i hit her on some late night **** but decided not to go through with it. i’m off shorty, and just worried about getting myself right. gon stay low for a couple more months and pop out next summer

Good **** homie, way to go. Shorty goin lose her mind if she see you out and about 65 pounds lighter. Congrats on the promotions, company discovered that you were being wasted in your current position.

Also not saying you will but if you ever get discouraged with working out make sure you hit up the
(22) STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread | Page 3861 | NikeTalk

My girl’s dad texted me after we all went to dinner talking about “Hey let’s have a drink when you have some free time”.

Her mom (divorced parents if it matters) told me he finally realized we were serious. Dude didn’t think we were seriously dating until we exchanged Christmas gifts for the third straight year. :lol: Bruh told her “I feel like I don’t know him” when we’ve been together for 3 years and I’ve seen this ***** at least 10x. Shot the **** and talked about our backgrounds and what not at least 5x. Meanwhile her mom treats me like family. We’re damn near 30 bruh.

I hate these formalities.

My girl’s dad texted me after we all went to dinner talking about “Hey let’s have a drink when you have some free time”.

Her mom (divorced parents if it matters) told me he finally realized we were serious. Dude didn’t think we were seriously dating until we exchanged Christmas gifts for the third straight year. :lol: Bruh told her “I feel like I don’t know him” when we’ve been together for 3 years and I’ve seen this ***** at least 10x. Shot the **** and talked about our backgrounds and what not at least 5x. Meanwhile her mom treats me like family. We’re damn near 30 bruh.

Mans refuses to come to terms that you're rearranging his daughter's guts :lol:

i do a lot of my damage through snapchat

i actually ask for it first. a lot of women hold their number closer to the vest than their handles, so it's possible that the above coworker may not have wanted him to have her number yet. that's fine because, more importantly, she did offer another line of communication

and that's all you need. if she's really interested then she'll accept an invite for drinks through any medium. there's yambs on my record that I never got the number; just a snap username
I'm on android and alot of people like to act uppity because they have iPhones, I sometimes get their snap instead of phone number

Mans refuses to come to terms that you're rearranging his daughter's guts :lol:
:lol: :lol: that was a good one.

Curiosity. Are you in a interracial relationship?

Technically no. My girl’s parents are very light skinned West Indian folks from Jamaica and St. Kitts that look Hispanic to 98% of people. I’m African American.

What made you ask?
Been through a similar situation with the g/f parents. I think he couldn't accept the terms that his daughter isnt interested in dating her race.

Been through a similar situation with the g/f parents. I think he couldn't accept the terms that his daughter isnt interested in dating her race.

Let me guess — was she a white woman? I’ve avoided serious relationships with white women for this reason. Sucks it has to be that way but it is what it is.

Technically no. My girl’s parents are very light skinned West Indian folks from Jamaica and St. Kitts that look Hispanic to 98% of people. I’m African American.

What made you ask?

That’s more extreme than white am & black am ‘interracial’

My BM’s is West Indian (Guyana) we couldn’t be anymore different, as far as upbringing and traditions. Getting to know her family kinda ended once we separated two years ago. I can safely say, even with all the time we spent together they barely knew me, or cared to know. They barely know their daughter, according to her. All of our talks and conversations were very general and surface level.

That’s more extreme than white am & black am ‘interracial’

My BM’s is West Indian (Guyana) we couldn’t be anymore different, as far as upbringing and traditions. Getting to know her family kinda ended once we separated two years ago. I can safely say, even with all the time we spent together they barely knew me, or cared to know. They barely know their daughter, according to her. All of our talks and conversations were very general and surface level.

Man, I can definitely relate. And I can’t figure out why a lot of the conversations are always surface level with my girl’s dad. You ever talk to her about it after the fact?

Culturally my girl and I definitely had different upbringings too, but there’s obviously a lot of overlap between a lot of West Indian and African American households so most of the differences never really come to light except when we’re with one of her parents.

Thx famb.. deleted text, basura. Why I functions with NT. My boy text me tell that ***** keep her feelings in check and smash lol..

My girl’s mom is broke and entitled. She’s late 60’s, been divorced for 30 years, has no retirement savings left, and tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt. She claims she’s “retired” so she has a part-time job that she works a few days a week. She’s so entitled and says that because she has worked her whole life she deserves to not have to work now.

She asks my girl for money all the time and even asked her to co-sign on a mortgage which my girl declined. My girl has a respectable career but does not make much money. She only has one sister, and any other close family she had has been pushed away. This woman even blamed her sister for the situation that she was in and said it was her sister’s fault that she’s stuck renting an apartment because she didn’t co-sign a potential mortgage. She does not hold herself accountable at all. For example, she racked up $30K in credit card debt trying to renovate a condo she bought a few years back, even when my girl said it was a bad idea because the improvements she was making wouldn’t add any value to the condo. She sold the place at a loss like a year later when her job fired her because she refused to learn how to use a computer.

I’m planning on proposing to my girl soon, and can’t help but to think the mom situation is problematic. In the next 3-5 years my girl’s mom will be in her 70’s, still broke other than like $2K social security, and unable to work any longer. My girl does not have the means to help her mom financially. Call me cold hearted, but I make significantly more money and under no circumstances am I going to help her mom out which is what I fear could happen in the next 3-5 years. Her debt and financial irresponsibility is honestly not my girl’s problem (or mine).

My bad for the long post, but I’m just thinking out loud here. This **** ain’t cool at all.

My girl’s mom is broke and entitled. She’s late 60’s, been divorced for 30 years, has no retirement savings left, and tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt. She claims she’s “retired” so she has a part-time job that she works a few days a week. She’s so entitled and says that because she has worked her whole life she deserves to not have to work now.

She asks my girl for money all the time and even asked her to co-sign on a mortgage which my girl declined. My girl has a respectable career but does not make much money. She only has one sister, and any other close family she had has been pushed away. This woman even blamed her sister for the situation that she was in and said it was her sister’s fault that she’s stuck renting an apartment because she didn’t co-sign her debt.

I’m planning on proposing to my girl soon, and can’t help but to think the mom situation is problematic. In the next 3-5 years my girl’s mom will be in her 70’s, still broke other than like $2K social security, and unable to work any longer. My girl does not have the means to help her mom financially. Call me cold hearted, but I make significantly more money and under no circumstances am I going to help her mom out which is what I fear could happen in the next 3-5 years. Her debt and financial irresponsibility is honestly not my girl’s problem (or mine).

My bad for the long post, but I’m just thinking out loud here. This **** ain’t cool at all.
Get a prenup

Her mom's situation will put a strain on your relationship. Sooner or later

Depending on what you make, you might end paying maw maw’s little rent. Be careful.

Unless we’re out here dating orphans, I think you’re also dating/marrying the immediate family and their dysfunction(s).

Get a prenup

Her mom's situation will put a strain on your relationship. Sooner or later

Yeah a prenup is a must. It’s starting to wear on me and we aren’t even married. :lol:

Depending on what you make, you might end paying maw maw’s little rent. Be careful.

Unless we’re out here dating orphans, I think you’re also dating/marrying the immediate family and their dysfunction(s).

Let’s just say I make 8x what my girl does. My own mom would never put me in a situation where I had to completely bail her out. That would be a last resort for her. But my girl’s mom has absolutely no problem asking others for handouts.

And it’s not like my girl’s mom had some tragic life event or something. She’s educated, healthy, and has always had plenty of resources available to her. She just has a history of making horrible financial decisions and expecting others to bail her out.

She asks my girl for money all the time and even asked her to co-sign on a mortgage which my girl declined. My girl has a respectable career but does not make much money. She only has one sister, and any other close family she had has been pushed away. This woman even blamed her sister for the situation that she was in and said it was her sister’s fault that she’s stuck renting an apartment because she didn’t co-sign a potential mortgage. She does not hold herself accountable at all. For example, she racked up $30K in credit card debt trying to renovate a condo she bought a few years back, even when my girl said it was a bad idea because the improvements she was making wouldn’t add any value to the condo. She sold the place at a loss like a year later when her job fired her because she refused to learn how to use a computer.

This is a tricky situation. People have a hard time making the distinction that although someone is your family member and you love them, that they can't be questionable characters. Talk to your girl about it and see where she stands. Also make certain you have a prenup set.

I know a situation similar to yours. The Mother in laws finances weren't bad, however, she was making questionable financial decisions, so it would have eventually ended up that way without intervention. The individual made it clear to their spouse from the get that they were marrying said person and not their mom. They made the mother in-law get their affairs in order and kept it pushing. At one point she went to "spend some time" with them and attempted stay permanently. You don't want those problems, so set the boundaries from now. Your girl may not take it too kindly and may misunderstand your intent, so be prepared for that as well. Plus, at the end of the day, you only one mother, so some are willing to indulge/oblige all kinds of crazy behavior.

You marry the weight that’s on your wife’s shoulders. Straight up. You should never make her choose. Super unfair to ure lady.. My MIL tried to run that 20 yrs ago. Didn’t work and still doesn’t

This is a tricky situation. People have a hard time making the distinction that although someone is your family member and you love them, that they can't be questionable characters. Talk to your girl about it and see where she stands. Also make certain you have a prenup set.

I know a situation similar to yours. The Mother in laws finances weren't bad, however, she was making questionable financial decisions, so it would have eventually ended up that way without intervention. The individual made it clear to their spouse from the get that they were marrying said person and not their mom. They made the mother in-law get their affairs in order and kept it pushing. At one point she went to "spend some time" with them and attempted stay permanently. You don't want those problems, so set the boundaries from now. Your girl may not take it too kindly and may misunderstand your intent, so be prepared for that as well. Plus, at the end of the day, you only one mother, so some are willing to indulge/oblige all kinds of crazy behavior.

Good point. I’ve made it clear already and will continue to do so but to your point we only get one mom so she’s definitely being less wise than she’d normally be because of that. I had to talk her out of co-signing her mom’s mortgage and I explained the downside to doing that. Told her it was a horrible idea and luckily she listened but that was eye opening for me.

You marry the weight that’s on your wife’s shoulders. Straight up. You should never make her choose. Super unfair to ure lady.. My MIL tried to run that 20 yrs ago. Didn’t work and still doesn’t

Yeah I’m not making her choose but I don’t condone any dumb ****. Her mom hasn’t asked me for money yet (I’m sure she’s waiting for us to get hitched) but I already told her that’s inappropriate and shouldn’t happen at all. It’s a little sad though, but we shouldn’t risk our financial well being at our age (we aren’t even 30 yet) for someone that had decades to get their **** together. If that makes me look like a **** I’m fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom