Tipping Vol. Why am I paying you extra to do your job?

Yall some nickle and diming *@% dudes man
laugh.gif

So because they make minimum wage plus tips you're not gonna leave anything?
laugh.gif
lame

dude who got a root beer instead of his coke and left a note definitely possesses too much estrogen.

my suggestion to those who are vehemently against tipping, inform your server of that before hand. You don't deserve quality service if you're going to be cheap.

I always felt like the servers were lookin at me to make up the wage gap that there business was leaving..and I'm not doin it. whoever decided in the start of things to work for 2.00 an hour was the one who messed it up for everyone.pay the people at least minimim wage and we can be done with this topic. Ive never understood the whole tipping thing and would never take a job that depended on them. the extra money there missing after there regular 2 bucks should come from the store owner not the customers. If I have to make up the wage gap I want half price food to make up the differance on my end. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by th0ugh

Originally Posted by BigRockford

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

indifferent.gif
such a lame

I seriously dont understand whats wrong with what he did. I wouldnt have wrote anything on the receipt. I would have felt the same way though. How hard can your job be? I hate it when people at MDs get my order wrong. If you have a simple job there should be no mistakes. If you cant handle getting two drinks at the same time and keep track of who gets what.. You dont deserve my tip.

You don't see a problem with what he did? you're just as pathetic as him. Ok she made a mistake with the drinks...how hard is it to just ask for the correct drink? Like...why even cause a scene?
laugh.gif
. Man some of you are pathetic for real. Bunch of drama queens. Its just a drink, dude...................a drink.
laugh.gif
i assumed (when i read it) he was mad because he got someone elses glass/straw/germs. makes more sense that way.

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by th0ugh

Originally Posted by BigRockford

I seriously dont understand whats wrong with what he did. I wouldnt have wrote anything on the receipt. I would have felt the same way though. How hard can your job be? I hate it when people at MDs get my order wrong. If you have a simple job there should be no mistakes. If you cant handle getting two drinks at the same time and keep track of who gets what.. You dont deserve my tip.

You don't see a problem with what he did? you're just as pathetic as him. Ok she made a mistake with the drinks...how hard is it to just ask for the correct drink? Like...why even cause a scene?
laugh.gif
. Man some of you are pathetic for real. Bunch of drama queens. Its just a drink, dude...................a drink.
laugh.gif
i assumed (when i read it) he was mad because he got someone elses glass/straw/germs. makes more sense that way.

That can't happen.  Restaurants don't reuse the same glasses/straws/germs for refills.

I said this last time this thread came up, if you don't want to tip eat at home. It's really that simple.

i guess people saying its an easy job, hasnt worked at a restaurant. imagine these people got to work

more than 5 tables at a time, and they have to remember all your orders.

plus most waiter/ess have to split that tip with the bus boys/and sometimes the other people that bring out the food.

I think you guys got it messed up. My first post I said it... I do it, but I don't understand it. I just got back from going out for sushi, and I tipped. I just don't believe that being a waiter/waitress is that difficult of a job to do.

Now take a tattoo artist. When I got my tattoo, I tipped him. Because what he does requires skill and concentration. I've been to my fair share of restaurants in my 20 years of life. There's no skill in writing down orders and walking to and from the kitchen.

yall probably don't tip the valet guy either huh? on some, well %^& i could've parked my car by myself type steez.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

laugh.gif
I never understood why we tip waiter but not people of the fast food industry. Their jobs are way worse at min wage.
sick.gif

You're tipping a waiter because they're constantly going back n forth to get you things you ask for. Why should I tip the 16 year old cashier at McDonalds? Because she punched a few buttons on a register? Those tips you put in the jar get split among the entire staff. The $8 in tips in the jar at the end of the night isn't benefiting those 10 people very much

I'm constantly going back and forth to get people shoes at footlocker, and I don't get a tip. On top of that, I probably make as much an hour as they do. Where's my tip? Feels bad, man.

At footlocker you get commission so the more shoes you're getting for people, the more money you're making.

Trash service 5-10% tip. Good Service 20%. Really the only reason I tip is because my dad tipped everybody. 

I'm tired of dudes calling people "broke" who don't tip.

How the !#%% is somebody broke if they are even going out to eat anyways???
laugh.gif

!#%% tipping.

Originally Posted by flightman

The average waiter makes less than $3 a hour

laugh.gif
idk where yal getting these numbers
But thats not even a 1/6 of my hourly wage in serving

Serving white rich folks for the win
pimp.gif

A lot of the restaurants I've been to lately already calculate a 15% tip into the total when they bring you your bill so the ones that usually don't tip are forced to do it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

I think you guys got it messed up. My first post I said it... I do it, but I don't understand it. I just got back from going out for sushi, and I tipped. I just don't believe that being a waiter/waitress is that difficult of a job to do.

Now take a tattoo artist. When I got my tattoo, I tipped him. Because what he does requires skill and concentration. I've been to my fair share of restaurants in my 20 years of life. There's no skill in writing down orders and walking to and from the kitchen.
Did you intentionally just ignore all of the valid points brought up in this thread?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

You're tipping a waiter because they're constantly going back n forth to get you things you ask for. Why should I tip the 16 year old cashier at McDonalds? Because she punched a few buttons on a register? Those tips you put in the jar get split among the entire staff. The $8 in tips in the jar at the end of the night isn't benefiting those 10 people very much

I'm constantly going back and forth to get people shoes at footlocker, and I don't get a tip. On top of that, I probably make as much an hour as they do. Where's my tip? Feels bad, man.

At footlocker you get commission so the more shoes you're getting for people, the more money you're making.

15-20% tip>>>>1% commission. On top of that, they actually pay part timers under minimum wage because of the 1% commission.

if OP dont understand why there is tipping yet he continues to do it. he should just stop tipping then, if you don't like it then don't do it.

Tipping is just to show appreciation to servers who you think have really added to your experience.
I think at this point we just tip because people expect it (both the people you eat with and the server).
I personally only tip when I think the person deserves it.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Did you intentionally just ignore all of the valid points brought up in this thread?
laugh.gif

No.  I don't see some of them as valid.  

i tried tipping when i was in europe

the server gave me a face like, "what the *#!*...you canadians dont know how to count?"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom