To Double or NOT To Double

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

I'm an old school Air Jordan fan who grew up in the OG era where doubling up and retros weren't even a factor in the game. Everything that dropped was for the first time and the prices were so high to the average consumer that having a pair of Jordans was a luxury in itself and buying 2 pairs would've been insane.
laugh.gif
That being said, I buy one pair and keep 'em clean.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Exactly.

Unless your balling in them, which I'm not, I don't see the need.  Wear them, give'em a quick once over, put them back in the box.  I got 10 year old shoes that look new.

I'm an old school Air Jordan fan who grew up in the OG era where doubling up and retros weren't even a factor in the game. Everything that dropped was for the first time and the prices were so high to the average consumer that having a pair of Jordans was a luxury in itself and buying 2 pairs would've been insane.
laugh.gif

Exactly.

Unless your balling in them, which I'm not, I don't see the need.  Wear them, give'em a quick once over, put them back in the box.  I got 10 year old shoes that look new.

i only double on shoes i know im going to wear often & like.......im gonna double up on the bordeaux no question

i only double on shoes i know im going to wear often & like.......im gonna double up on the bordeaux no question

First off, anyone who says "theres only x amount off reasons why someone would double up" is ignorant. Theres many different reasons and everyone has got their own.

Second, to the dudes who say "I keep my shoes clean, they last forever", you're either one of them clowns I see waddling flat-footed down the street like a penguin, or you're just a lame who doesn't do s**t. I've had to trash so many shoes after a crazy night of partying or just after getting into some random s**t. I've gotten into a couple of bar brawls that have left blood stains all over my kicks. I was gettin it in with this chick in her hot tub (my clothes and shoes were in her room) and her dog decided to use my J's as a chew toy. I was at a party and this drunk chick spilled her bright blue drink on my brand new lebron chamber of fear af1-complacency(light-grey suede like material w/ blue soles). It ruined the material and left a sick stain. Even back in my early teens, when I relied on my parents to buy me kicks once every 12 - 16 months, I finally got them to buy me a pair of jordans. I usually got cheap af1's or reeboks or something random, but not this time. I was lucky enough to get a pair of OG Columbia Xl's. Of course, during p.e., I changed into my beaters.........and when I came back to my locker.......someone had broken in and took them
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. Anyways, the moral of the story is that sometimes unforseen, tragic s**t can happen to your kicks when you actually wear them. So that's why I double up on certain kicks...........just in case.

And finally, don't get me started on JB / Nike's declining quality these days. They might re-retro the same shoe again, but it might not be the same quality.

First off, anyone who says "theres only x amount off reasons why someone would double up" is ignorant. Theres many different reasons and everyone has got their own.

Second, to the dudes who say "I keep my shoes clean, they last forever", you're either one of them clowns I see waddling flat-footed down the street like a penguin, or you're just a lame who doesn't do s**t. I've had to trash so many shoes after a crazy night of partying or just after getting into some random s**t. I've gotten into a couple of bar brawls that have left blood stains all over my kicks. I was gettin it in with this chick in her hot tub (my clothes and shoes were in her room) and her dog decided to use my J's as a chew toy. I was at a party and this drunk chick spilled her bright blue drink on my brand new lebron chamber of fear af1-complacency(light-grey suede like material w/ blue soles). It ruined the material and left a sick stain. Even back in my early teens, when I relied on my parents to buy me kicks once every 12 - 16 months, I finally got them to buy me a pair of jordans. I usually got cheap af1's or reeboks or something random, but not this time. I was lucky enough to get a pair of OG Columbia Xl's. Of course, during p.e., I changed into my beaters.........and when I came back to my locker.......someone had broken in and took them
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. Anyways, the moral of the story is that sometimes unforseen, tragic s**t can happen to your kicks when you actually wear them. So that's why I double up on certain kicks...........just in case.

And finally, don't get me started on JB / Nike's declining quality these days. They might re-retro the same shoe again, but it might not be the same quality.

Originally Posted by Big Game James 23

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

if you're reason is "my jordan got stolen from my locker while I was sucking at PE" or "I'm a drunk foo who loves bar fights thus ruining all of my shoes"
then that falls perfectly under the first reason I stated which is loving a sneaker too much. If you have some skechers and they got all bloodied up from all your
bar fights because your so tough, will you buy another one? Unless you love/like them you won't right?
You listed sub reasons on why you'll double up which will ALL fall down to loving a sneaker.
my dog s h a t on my white cements so I'll double up... because... you... like those! go back to school or something partner. Ignorance is not bliss. mmkay pumpkin?

Originally Posted by Big Game James 23

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

if you're reason is "my jordan got stolen from my locker while I was sucking at PE" or "I'm a drunk foo who loves bar fights thus ruining all of my shoes"
then that falls perfectly under the first reason I stated which is loving a sneaker too much. If you have some skechers and they got all bloodied up from all your
bar fights because your so tough, will you buy another one? Unless you love/like them you won't right?
You listed sub reasons on why you'll double up which will ALL fall down to loving a sneaker.
my dog s h a t on my white cements so I'll double up... because... you... like those! go back to school or something partner. Ignorance is not bliss. mmkay pumpkin?

Whats the point? They re-retro every shoe that comes out after 3 years or so. Ive doubled up before and ended up always selling my second pair. But of course there are exceptions. There are just shoes that you enjoy wearing almost everyday, that's why you need an extra just in case.

Whats the point? They re-retro every shoe that comes out after 3 years or so. Ive doubled up before and ended up always selling my second pair. But of course there are exceptions. There are just shoes that you enjoy wearing almost everyday, that's why you need an extra just in case.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

laugh.gif

Exactly.

Unless your balling in them, which I'm not, I don't see the need.  Wear them, give'em a quick once over, put them back in the box Dungeon.  I got 10 year old shoes that look new.

Thats word to my Cool gey 3's, Cool grey 4's, Cool grey 9's and Cool grey 12's that I'm pretty sure won't be dropping any time soon. 
All but the 3's are close to 10 years old still lookin Dope on my feet and in my closet. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

laugh.gif

Exactly.

Unless your balling in them, which I'm not, I don't see the need.  Wear them, give'em a quick once over, put them back in the box Dungeon.  I got 10 year old shoes that look new.

Thats word to my Cool gey 3's, Cool grey 4's, Cool grey 9's and Cool grey 12's that I'm pretty sure won't be dropping any time soon. 
All but the 3's are close to 10 years old still lookin Dope on my feet and in my closet. 
grin.gif

to me it's gonna boil down to what everyone has pretty much stated here already 1. Do I REALLY like the shoe/will be wearing often if not constantly. 2. Do I have the money to spare.
After answering these two questions its pretty simple. I'm thankful to those that answered and gave me a peek inside their thinking as to why they do what they do, I'm also thankful to thoe who showed me why it can be a bad idea.
With that being said I have another/third thing I gotta ask myself in particular 3. Do they have more than one size 14 lol

Found a Finishline that has 2 pairs of Bordeaux is size 14 but I dont know if I like em enough to buy more than one pair or if I'll even have the money it'll be a game time decision. But it's good info though.

to me it's gonna boil down to what everyone has pretty much stated here already 1. Do I REALLY like the shoe/will be wearing often if not constantly. 2. Do I have the money to spare.
After answering these two questions its pretty simple. I'm thankful to those that answered and gave me a peek inside their thinking as to why they do what they do, I'm also thankful to thoe who showed me why it can be a bad idea.
With that being said I have another/third thing I gotta ask myself in particular 3. Do they have more than one size 14 lol

Found a Finishline that has 2 pairs of Bordeaux is size 14 but I dont know if I like em enough to buy more than one pair or if I'll even have the money it'll be a game time decision. But it's good info though.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

I think people double up for two reasons:
1. liking a CW way too much: I love all the 12s and black cement 3s so I'd probably double up on those depending on the funds and availability.
a white red OG 1 is double up worthy too. I'm also thinking about tripling up on the del sol kobe 6s just because I love balling in them and they
look fantastic.

2. greed and leverage: people usually double up on very limited CWs that release to trade for equally valuable kicks or sell for profit...

I don't see any other reason apart from these 2... Personally I only follow reason number 1. I get kicks that I absolutely love and ensure that I
get to wear them
10 years from now.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Sometimes, I triple up...
I'm actually jelly that you have multiple pairs of DKs and Chaos zk5s...
sick.gif

my chaos 5 looks like shi now from all the games and casual wear...

forloveofthejays- you're crazy dude! 7 pairs? If I were to 7x on a certain pair...
It would be the black cements and the white cement 3s and all the 12s. LOL
HAHA... I actually have 1 pair of DKs now, but I got 3 Bruce Lees & Chaos... I got 3 pairs of Cool Greys too...

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

I think people double up for two reasons:
1. liking a CW way too much: I love all the 12s and black cement 3s so I'd probably double up on those depending on the funds and availability.
a white red OG 1 is double up worthy too. I'm also thinking about tripling up on the del sol kobe 6s just because I love balling in them and they
look fantastic.

2. greed and leverage: people usually double up on very limited CWs that release to trade for equally valuable kicks or sell for profit...

I don't see any other reason apart from these 2... Personally I only follow reason number 1. I get kicks that I absolutely love and ensure that I
get to wear them
10 years from now.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Sometimes, I triple up...
I'm actually jelly that you have multiple pairs of DKs and Chaos zk5s...
sick.gif

my chaos 5 looks like shi now from all the games and casual wear...

forloveofthejays- you're crazy dude! 7 pairs? If I were to 7x on a certain pair...
It would be the black cements and the white cement 3s and all the 12s. LOL
HAHA... I actually have 1 pair of DKs now, but I got 3 Bruce Lees & Chaos... I got 3 pairs of Cool Greys too...

For me, I have to REALLY REALLY want the shoe. Of course it also depends on my money. My rule is, it has to be an original colorway. To me, in terms of Jordans, those are the only ones worth it. Call it nostalgia, whatever. I also wear both pairs. I don't stock the other one to sell later. I did it once and I regret it still. Those were the '01 Blk/Red XI's. Smh. The pairs doubled up on were the AJ VIII playoffs. So fire
pimp.gif

Someone has cool grey 12's
eek.gif
. When they dropped. Must have missed that one lol. And I guess I doubled up on Spacejams, I have the '00 still in great shape and I got the '09s. And yes, I despise resellers, but whatever.

For me, I have to REALLY REALLY want the shoe. Of course it also depends on my money. My rule is, it has to be an original colorway. To me, in terms of Jordans, those are the only ones worth it. Call it nostalgia, whatever. I also wear both pairs. I don't stock the other one to sell later. I did it once and I regret it still. Those were the '01 Blk/Red XI's. Smh. The pairs doubled up on were the AJ VIII playoffs. So fire
pimp.gif

Someone has cool grey 12's
eek.gif
. When they dropped. Must have missed that one lol. And I guess I doubled up on Spacejams, I have the '00 still in great shape and I got the '09s. And yes, I despise resellers, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom