Trading My Car In

Be smart OP. Gotta know your want/needs.

However, i will say you should either sell the car yourself or take it to carmax, i heard they offer better prices than stealerships.

But like i said....wants/needs. Theres a time and place for everything.

Just reading some of OP's cliffs.

OP how much and why do u still owe 5K on a 13 year old car you said you got 2 years ago ? Even if you bought it used at the time I seriously doubt you got it from a Acura dealer and certified used with extended warranties.

But yeah like others said you should wait it out and pay off the car note on the Acura first. Unless the Dodge car dealership you are getting the Challenger from is offering 0% APR for up to 60 months.

I got a feeling op isn't going to listen to any of the great advice in here

I actually took it into consideration, I plan on waiting until I graduate from grad school in another 1.5 years, at that point my car will be paid off, and my salary would have increased, as well as not having to make a car payment for a while... only a fool ignores good advice

I actually took it into consideration, I plan on waiting until I graduate from grad school in another 1.5 years, at that point my car will be paid off, and my salary would have increased, as well as not having to make a car payment for a while... only a fool ignores good advice

Sounds like the used Acura was you're first car buying experience. But it really sounds like you overpaid for a luxury used car that at the time was 11 years old. Regardless if it even had low mileage when you bought it.

College kid riding in a used luxury car though:

Zjwo4.gif

Lessons learned.

I have a car that a still owe about $5k on, and the trade in value is about $2500, I want to get a Dodge Challenger thats priced at $17,700 soon. Anybody have any experience with trading their car in before the amount owed is paid off? Any advice?

F all that! I copped the whip... RT Plus! forget all the haters.
U trash
5.7 will get smoked by damn near everything
Shoulda got that 6.4
Scat
T/a
Or srt

Don’t try and make it seem u got a good deal
On a rt plus :lol:
A 2015 at that
Please tell me it ain’t used
U don’t want someone’s used hemi
I know how I treat mine
And damn near everyone else that has one
Abuses it
U want something brand new
Not a used v8
Ur trash op

Being upside down from the jump is not a smart move.

Before we met, my wife had a used 2011 Nissan Versa that she financed at some crap dealership. She was financing $16,000 on a car valued at $6,000 SMH. It was a piece but she was young, broke and didn't know better.

It needed repairs and wasn't worth the money so we rolled close to $9,000 into a brand new 2015 Toyota Prius. I didn't want to do it, but she didn't have to worry about her car falling apart and she picked up the most economically smart car, gas-wise, you could get. Payments have been a B, but she was saving a ton in gas $.

Last week some homeless guy on a bike tried to run into her car and she crashed into a retaining wall. SMH The dude knew he caused the accident, he tried his hardest to get hit with her doing 10 to 15 MPH, and he took off.

I had her get GAP insurance rolling that much debt into the loan. Just got the call that the GAP that we paid $700 for is covering the $9,000 she was still upside down from the Nissan Versa. :pimp: Also, the bank is giving her $1,000 to apply towards her next vehicle.

BTW my baby is fine, the on-board computer determined she was hitting an immovable object and deployed all the airbags. She was more pissed at the snake trying to get paid. Thank god she didn't hit him! I would have been sued by Monday. LOL

Before we met, my wife had a used 2011 Nissan Versa that she financed at some crap dealership. She was financing $16,000 on a car valued at $6,000 SMH. It was a piece but she was young, broke and didn't know better.

It needed repairs and wasn't worth the money so we rolled close to $9,000 into a brand new 2015 Toyota Prius. I didn't want to do it, but she didn't have to worry about her car falling apart and she picked up the most economically smart car, gas-wise, you could get. Payments have been a B, but she was saving a ton in gas $.

Last week some homeless guy on a bike tried to run into her car and she crashed into a retaining wall. SMH The dude knew he caused the accident, he tried his hardest to get hit with her doing 10 to 15 MPH, and he took off.

I had her get GAP insurance rolling that much debt into the loan. Just got the call that the GAP that we paid $700 for is covering the $9,000 she was still upside down from the Nissan Versa. :pimp: Also, the bank is giving her $1,000 to apply towards her next vehicle.

BTW my baby is fine, the on-board computer determined she was hitting an immovable object and deployed all the airbags. She was more pissed at the snake trying to get paid. Thank god she didn't hit him! I would have been sued by Monday. LOL

Good your wife is okay, but man what a come up :pimp: hate to say it, but a blessing in disguise and now you're rid of that burden. I would lease if I were you or anyone in here or get a used Toyota.

Again NT... F car payments and build your wealth. Having your own house/spot > having a dope whip. Build your wealth NTers. Car payments are the devils work... seriously. Worst thing you can do to yourself at a young age next to those wretched school loans, but at least with the education you can create money with a career/job.

Tell me some lotto numbers for tonight Sir since you seen it... like a 30 inch Zenith... I believe it!

i remember u........

Good your wife is okay, but man what a come up :pimp: hate to say it, but a blessing in disguise and now you're rid of that burden. I would lease if I were you or anyone in here or get a used Toyota.

Again NT... F car payments and build your wealth. Having your own house/spot > having a dope whip. Build your wealth NTers. Car payments are the devils work... seriously. Worst thing you can do to yourself at a young age next to those wretched school loans, but at least with the education you can create money with a career/job.

Tell me some lotto numbers for tonight Sir since you seen it... like a 30 inch Zenith... I believe it!

Transportation isnt a total loss imo plus theres equity in the car and your helping build your credit.
Ill admit that its not ideal having a car payment but it is what it is and was what it was

Transportation isnt a total loss imo plus theres equity in the car and your helping build your credit.
Ill admit that its not ideal having a car payment but it is what it is and was what it was
Real talk
U only live once
But whatever
As long as ur happy
That’s all that matters imo
I know people with 7-800 credit scores
That are miserable
And people with sub 600 or no credit
That’s enjoying and loving life
Do what works for u imo

Back
Top Bottom