Trevor Ariza leaning toward leaving the Lakers, possibly to Cavs

Everybody is saying, well, it'd be in his best interest if he stayed in LA or play with Kobe. Sure, it would, and he would, problem is, the Lakers are lowballing him. If a team is going to offer him long term security, in the range of 32-40M over the course of 5 years, how does he NOT take it?

What is he supposed to do? Take the MLE like you guys are saying, play with Kobe, and then hope for a big pay day in 3-5 years?
laugh.gif

Since LA isn't trying to secure the dude up, who cares if he's a second-third option on a team and crashes and fails. He's already won his'ship and wants to cash in. And who knows, maybe really start to showcase his talents, because he's still young.

I know he blew up in the playoffs, but the difference between Ariza and say a James Posey is, Ariza still has legs. Room for improvement.

IMO, let LO walk. He doesn't show up half the time for games, and he's getting older. You've already invested so much in Bynum, and he'sbasically un tradeable at this point, so, make him earn his keep. A Bynum (if he gets back on track) and a Gasol front court is enough to get it done.

Letting Ariza go is letting a young breakout star in the making, and arguably your team's best peremiter defender. And a dude who we've seen,doesn't shrivel up when things matter the most. Playoff time

Originally Posted by franchise3

Everybody is saying, well, it'd be in his best interest if he stayed in LA or play with Kobe. Sure, it would, and he would, problem is, the Lakers are low balling him. If a team is going to offer him long term security, in the range of 32-40M over the course of 5 years, how does he NOT take it?

What is he supposed to do? Take the MLE like you guys are saying, play with Kobe, and then hope for a big pay day in 3-5 years?
laugh.gif

Since LA isn't trying to secure the dude up, who cares if he's a second-third option on a team and crashes and fails. He's already won his 'ship and wants to cash in. And who knows, maybe really start to showcase his talents, because he's still young.

I know he blew up in the playoffs, but the difference between Ariza and say a James Posey is, Ariza still has legs. Room for improvement.

IMO, let LO walk. He doesn't show up half the time for games, and he's getting older. You've already invested so much in Bynum, and he's basically un tradeable at this point, so, make him earn his keep. A Bynum (if he gets back on track) and a Gasol front court is enough to get it done.

Letting Ariza go is letting a young breakout star in the making, and arguably your team's best peremiter defender. And a dude who we've seen, doesn't shrivel up when things matter the most. Playoff time
So instead of making that essay of a post, in your opinion you would pay Trevor rather than Lamar.

That's all you had to say bro. Everything said before that is already obvious or shows that you haven't looked at LA's payroll

As Of Now. Im hearing that if Ariza Leaves, we're tryna replace him with either Artest, Prince, im even hearing STAT and Zach Randolph (which would havehim being trading twice in one week like Q-Rich).

The most serious one im talking about is Artest, and they're even hyping it up about how he was at the Lakers games after we beat them and what not..

I really hope Ariza stays tho. He would be dumb to take the same money we're offering to go to cavs, where he will not start and leave his hometown, thegreat weather, TV time, and exposure. He would be like a 5-6 option on the cavs.. Lebron, Shaq, Mo Iigauskas, Delonte West, Gibson, then maybe him. Instead ofKobe, Pau, Odom/Ariza, that would make him the 3th or 4th option. he is crazy

If him and Odom take pay cuts, they'll get there money back later down the road, maybe next season, def. the following. The Lakers would then have to timeto reconstruct other players deals and make room to properly pay everyone.

I think jerry and mitch scared to sign him to a crazy deal and he ends up like Walton (injury prone), Sasha (didn't live up the the hype/bonus/contractrenewal, Bynum (injury prone last TWO seasons, but is showing improvement), farmar (just didn't show up in the playoffs)

Basically.

Lakers fans more then anybody should know the payroll.

But some are acting as if they could've locked up both Ariza and Odom this offseason.

When it comes to it, why would anybody pick Lamar over Trevor?

Why pay Lamar Odom 6th man, 9-10M a year, when you can have the younger Ariza for 8-9

just BEING in LA will make him more money than anywhere else. Hed be a returning champion, the hometown kid, fresh new contract life could only get BETTER inLA endorsement wise and career wise. and Just because Ariza is younger doesnt mean he's more important than LO, trev cant guard 4s and 5s when Bynum picksup 5 fouls in 43 seconds, and he cant come in and run the offense or handle the ball on the break or get 9+ boards

Basically.

Lakers fans more then anybody should know the payroll.

But some are acting as if they could've locked up both Ariza and Odom this offseason.

When it comes to it, why would anybody pick Lamar over Trevor?

Why pay Lamar Odom 6th man, 9-10M a year, when you can have the younger Ariza for 8-9
I believe Laker fans were just reacting naturally, as any other fanbase would, but the more they think about it the more they probably realizeTrevor leaving for more money would be cool. Can't knock the man's hustle. Just ignore the homer fans who will never have anything of worth to say.

The unfortunate thing is LA can offer around 6 Mill and Trev is looking for 8 mill. 2 Mill must be a big gap
laugh.gif

I don't buy the living in LA will net more endorsements or a better life arguement. LO has been here how long? What kind of endorsements has he gotten?Gasol? Fisher? I don't see these dudes in any commercials.

And Trevor in the next 5 years > LO as he starts to break down in the next 5 years

I think people are overlooking such a short period of work from Trevor, than the big picture.

Like I said, it's hard to let go of homegrown talent like that, but at the end of the day this +%+% is a damn business.

Lamar provides the Lakers with the most versatility and does more than Trevor x 10.

This guy is extremely overated
laugh.gif
... how dare he not re-sign wit the lakers for the MLE. Who does he think he is?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Lamar > Trevor.

It's NOT even close.
during the season and playoffs ive stated that this is odoms last yr as a Laker...championship or not...but damn id keep ariza over odomanyday...i love ariza and i bought his jersey last year so it hurts to see all this and it bugs me his agent wants him to leave for the cavs for the sameamount of money were offering him...so the fact of the matter is if hes not with us hes against us!

I don't buy the living in LA will net more endorsements or a better life arguement. LO has been here how long? What kind of endorsements has he gotten? Gasol? Fisher? I don't see these dudes in any commercials.
You're not making ANY sense.

Having endorsements doesn't neccessarily mean being in commercials homie.

Being in L.A gives people connections and networking.

LO has got his own Clothing Line and part owner/investor of a restaurant in Los Angeles.

Also, that cali kush = candyman, COMON!

Originally Posted by Al3xis

this is his one chance to get a big contract and yall are made at him for it...why?
t
IDK what it is, but fans of good teams on here are thinking backwards, that he'd take less, that Kobe would opt out to take less, that Z would opt out and take the MINIMUM.

I mean, c'mon...it's a business first. we all know that, and woulda been years ago with situations the same.

QFT
Hell, Matt Barnes is a FA. You can't convince me Ariza is a better player than him.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

Originally Posted by xBraveHeartX

Why Trevor .. you can win 1-2 more ships in LA ..

damn paper chaser ..
Word.

Hate how the NBA isn't about basketball anymore...
ohwell.gif
are you serious? how long have you been watching it?

i love trevor but the 5th best player on a team should not be making more than the MLE.
he greatly benefited playing with the lakers and i believe that him being on another team where they rely on him to create his own shot will really expose him.
he owes it to the lakers staff that helped him improve his jumpshot
he owes it to the triangle offense that he's gotten so many open looks and open lanes to slash to the basket.
if he wants to get paid, i ain't mad at him. thanks for your services.
but if he's just oging to dip out and take the MLE (same money LA will offer him) from another team, then thats a !%@!+ move.

I don't buy the living in LA will net more endorsements or a better life arguement. LO has been here how long? What kind of endorsements has he gotten? Gasol? Fisher? I don't see these dudes in any commercials.

And Trevor in the next 5 years > LO as he starts to break down in the next 5 years
LO, Gasol, and Fish arent guys that go out and look for endorsments but im sure pau does his fare share over in Spain. Not saying Trev wants allof that either but believe me in LA the opportunities are there just for being part of a championship team in LA. This seems like alot of us are bashing Trev,we love dude and dont want him to go anywhere but I DEF wouldnt chose him over Lamar

You're not making ANY sense.

Having endorsements doesn't neccessarily mean being in commercials homie.

Being in L.A gives people connections and networking.

LO has got his own Clothing Line and part owner/investor of a restaurant in Los Angeles.

Also, that cali kush = candyman, COMON!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think people are overlooking such a short period of work from Trevor, than the big picture.

Like I said, it's hard to let go of homegrown talent like that, but at the end of the day this +%+% is a damn business.

Lamar provides the Lakers with the most versatility and does more than Trevor x 10.
people fail to see this. the reason why lakers got so far was because of his mismatches. hes quicker then most 4s, stronger then most 3s, and bigenough to guard the 5 for a few minutes while gasol/bynum need a breather.
yes, hes getting old, but lets say a 4 year contract would be more then enough time to find a solid replacement for ariza, maybe even develop one too, no?

You can network anywhere. People act like ball players don't have restaurants in the cities they've played in, play in.

Like BDiddy didn't have his film/music thing going before he hit the Clippers.

Bottom line, money talks in any business venture. Can't get mad or knock Ariza for looking out for himself like some are.

Sure it's nice to rub shoulders with the stars in LA and whatnot, but if you really want to think bigger picture, this dude Ariza is gonna save so muchmoney buying a house somewhere other than LA.

It's all about getting paid, and the world championship LA Lakers are haggling over 2.4M. Yes, I know the luxuary tax is involved, but still.

So he's worth 5.6 but not worth 8?

The thing with Ariza is, he's young. His O is improving, can knock down the 3 ball, and is a lengthy defender.

Sure he benefited playing with Kobe, but these are the type of guys you give the dough too. Young dudes showing their potential. Plus he basically won the Lakers the 'ship with his scoring bunches.

I'd feel slighted too if I was him. MLE is a low ball offer.

For a team that doesn't care about the luxuary tax, making draft day deals and getting money back and then only offering your guy the MLE, LA, you're better than that.
laugh.gif

here is my thing if bynum plays heathly and is playing starter minutes how much PT will odom really get? unless he is playing at SF his minutes will cut inhalf.

on talent alone odom is 3 times the player ariza will EVER be but odom doesnt use that talent night in and night out.

i would have no faith in paying odom big bucks and thinking he will play up to that. if anything odom seems more of the type to get the pay day and chill thenariza does

Back
Top Bottom