Trinidad James said "The South runs NY" while in NYC..

the statement is true. we made it so by feeling the need to assimilate into southern trends to get hot.

i'd say since the soul sound died out, and crunk took over, the south's reign has only gotten stronger with each new sound (crunk/snap, trap, etc.)

but for trinidad to say this is funny to me. you never hear any big southern rappers downtalk nyc in public.

here we have this guy, who's on his last seconds of his 15 mins, talking this. to be honest, he's only able to be relevant because he's from the south.

this is like a bench player bragging about rings his team earned.
Bruh has nothing to lose

MY GAWD :x i made a thread declaring his burial months ago and yall still giving him shine, son is a waste of space, pleaded that people buy a album without a release date, begging for fans. Performing in a venue that doesnt even look like a club or a party. I was watching a wiz blog and this dude is there just looking like him and im like, i dont even like wiz for hanging around him like that. :rofl: Anyway def jam aint sending him no christmas check cuzz he aint put out no album.

I hope NY dudes just laugh at this clown and not take him seriously.

Nobody takes that goof serious.

This is supposed to start a east vs south war?

The east is supposed to rely on French Montana & ASAP Rocky to reply??????

:lol:

Hip Hop is so dead there's no reviving it.

Last edited:
The south doesn't run anything in hip hop don't understand why their artist still seem to think they do :lol:

The south doesn't run anything in hip hop don't understand why their artist still seem to think they do
laugh.gif

Even the King of NY ( Love saying that cause I know it grinds gears) had to call one of the Leaders of the South before dropping "***** dont kill my vibe" .

laugh.gif
 It's ok you didn't know....its cool bruh.

I can give more proof if needed.

The East coast is going to graciously...

If its the last purpose I serve in life 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Instead of posting a sensible reply you use a tired office gif. Explain to me sir why the south is currently "running hip hop"

Instead of posting a sensible reply you use a tired office gif. Explain to me sir why the south is currently "running hip hop"
It's tired by no means when you come into a thread and say something that has already been defused numerous times in the same thread.

But...Sure...no problem. I extended my offer for proof and will gladly explain.

Everything from about 80% of Urban Radio. Down to maybe like 75% of the production you hear today has originated from the south.

Tell me you can go to any Major Urban outlet whether it be Online or Radio or Video (MTV Jams, BET) and you don't see more southern artists than anything.

Even when its not a southern artist its a East Coast artist "Switching the style up changing to southpaw" not to qoute Fat Joe but you get the point.

The biggest artists out the east coast. French, Nikki Minaj etc. had to come to the south to even get a start cause locally up north they couldn't breakthrough to the mainstream.

With every bad note Future sings to the bank or every guest feature exaggeration of life Ross spits it matters not. In a struggle for dominance the East coast has now put the south in a position to be on top for as long as we like. They gave the south the control without even knowing it.

Simply by not moving forward with an New east coast sound and jumping on what the south has been doing for years without anyones apporval or concern.

The South runs clubs and strip clubs, radio and record sales...not so much
You can't get a succesful radio run w/o having from Texas to Florida (The South) spinning your record as well. So the south has a hold on radio as well.

Record Sales?? Did J.Cole not outsell Ye? Did Pusha T not debut outselling Drake?

It kills me cause I know you know these things...
mean.gif

Its ok..

just...

Last edited:
The biggest artists out the east coast. French, Nikki Minaj etc. had to come to the south to even get a start cause locally up north they couldn't breakthrough to the mainstream.
thats cause in ny cause we have higher standards.  and i remember first hearing french during that max b wave

I'm from the south I stay in Houston and its time for the South to hand the reigns back to New York .ATL is lowering the bar more and more and the actual culture of hip hop is dying because of the lack of actual rappers and djs coming from the south who have talented.Its embarassing to see the regression like this.

You can't get a succesful radio run w/o having from Texas to Florida (The South) spinning your record as well. So the south has a hold on radio as well.

Record Sales?? Did J.Cole not outsell Ye? Did Pusha T not debut outselling Drake?

The south isn't really controlling radio, because how many rappers from the south are getting national radio play on a consistent basis? Future for a hook? 2 Chainz or Ross for a feature? How long does that last. How many are getting play dolo without the hot gimmick at the moment? T-Pain was hot at one point. Wayne has taken virtually a two year break. Besides people like Ross, Jeezy, TI and Wayne, the south has a bunch of disposable artist that flame out as quick as they came in. Will anyone care about Migos or Rich Homie Quan in two years? South artist aren't establishing careers, because a lot of it is single and hook driven.

Look at radio station play list...Drake controls the radio. Drake can put out crap like Girl's Love Beyonce and it will get played. Why, because radio is really controlled by women, and that's why lyrical music will never win over the radio. That's why Rihanna is getting played every two hours.

J Cole is considered a south artist now? Because he has far from a south style. Same with Pusha T. Pusha T was born in the Bronx.

Like people complain about French and A$ap Mob. Do people complain that lyrical south rappers not rapping over trap beats are trying to be like New York rappers?

If NY had higher standards, they'd be breaking new NY artists with updated NY sound on a daily basis. Their playlist was posted a couple pages back, seems like they have the same standards as everybody else.

If NY had higher standards, they'd be breaking new NY artists with updated NY sound on a daily basis. Their playlist was posted a couple pages back, seems like they have the same standards as everybody else.

Because the radio stations are corporations. Playlist aren't determined locally.

Radio playlist are determined in Indianapolis, Kansas City or wherever the head of Radio One, Clear Channel or Emmis are located.

It's no different than your local McDonald's. It doesn't determine it's menu.

Last edited:
Lmfaooo at you

1) claiming Nicki & French had to go to the south to get hot..... Meanwhile you ignore Jay & Puff both played a huge roll in bringing jeezy up, Jay Gave Ross his record deal and an entire theme for a record label (Last time i checked Down south ****** weren't copping maybachs), T'I first hit single was you guessed it produced by Swizz beatz & Featured a Jay-z sample. Lil Wayne (Shall we remember him calling himself a part of dipset?)

J.cole you guessed it signed by Jay-Z and the man has a song dedicated to NYC on his album.
Their isn't one drop of southern influence in Pusha's music.

So if your going going to use that rationale bruh it would be fair to say that Jay-Z and NY gave you an entire generation of rappers DIRECTLY influenced by NYC sound.

You can't have a successful radio run w/o going through texas or Florida but you can have one W/o catching the largest media market in the world?

why so much salt towards the east, i mean why do you want a region to take an L so bad :lol:

thats cause in ny cause we have higher standards.  and i remember first hearing french during that max b wave
Your standards are so high they are above that of Mainstream America ...so high at that this point you dont matter. That's where the problem lies. NY will not swallow its pride and start fresh and admit it has a problem.

At this point NY hip-hop is the chick you went to school with that was a dime but she is fat with 3 kids swipping her EBT at Wal-Mart thinking she is still hot doo-doo with her nose in the air.
I'm from the south I stay in Houston and its time for the South to hand the reigns back to New York .ATL is lowering the bar more and more and the actual culture of hip hop is dying because of the lack of actual rappers and djs coming from the south who have talented.Its embarassing to see the regression like this.
Blasphemy.

We have some of the most influential artists period.  ATL can never be put to shame for the simple fact they gave us Outkast, Goodie Mob, T.I. etc.

Krit, J. Cole, Pusha T, Rapsody the list goes on of artists with purpose from the south.

How can you say that you ready to give up on what they are trying to change about the southern stigma?

You from the H
mean.gif
 ? I understand ATL F'n pushing Migos and Rich Homie Quan type stuff to the masses but thats not the fault of the south that people across the board gravitate toward what they can repeat.

This is not what Pimp was trying to tell us before he left this world. I know you know that 
mean.gif

Last edited:

so they expect NY rappers to make "club music"? most that stuff is pure trash :x

Last edited:
I have mad respect for this statement. Not really the handing the reigns back thing but just you being willing to admit that southern rap fans are fueling regression. The south has a lot of really great rap acts. But it seems like the fans are so preocuppied with being on top of the game that they will support ANY south rap act that can put out a catchy tune. Artists like KRIT aren't getting the support they deserve while dudes are getting exciting over the damn Migos 
mean.gif
 That's why I have a hard time with these East vs South arguments man. I'm not even mad at the south winning right now. I like a lot of southern rap. Always have, back to the 90s. But supporting trash just so you can stick your tongue out at east coast is lame as hell to me. And its even worse now that the south's reign is waning. With Tip, Jeezy, Gucci, Luda, heck just about every major south rap name on the decline, some of ya'll are coming off childish as hell getting behind Trinidad James.

Because the radio stations are corporations. Playlist aren't determined locally.

Radio playlist are determined in Indianapolis, Kansas City or wherever the head of Radio One, Clear Channel or Emmis are located.

It's no different than your local McDonald's. It doesn't determine it's menu.
It's amazing how many people don't understand this.

Your standards are so high they are above that of Mainstream America ...so high at that this point you dont matter. That's where the problem lies. NY will not swallow its pride and start fresh and admit it has a problem.

At this point NY hip-hop is the chick you went to school with that was a dime but she is fat with 3 kids swipping her EBT at Wal-Mart thinking she is still hot doo-doo with her nose in the air.

Blasphemy.

We have some of the most influential artists period.  ATL can never be put to shame for the simple fact they gave us Outkast, Goodie Mob, T.I. etc.

Krit, J. Cole, Pusha T, Rapsody the list goes on of artists with purpose from the south.

How can you say that you ready to give up on what they are trying to change about the southern stigma?

You from the H :smh:  ? I understand ATL F'n pushing Migos and Rich Homie Quan type stuff to the masses but thats not the fault of the south that people across the board gravitate toward what they can repeat.

This is not what Pimp was trying to tell us before he left this world. I know you know that  :smh: .

It's hilarious to me how dudes will compare one city to 13 states :lol:

Sheeeeesh, I hope you are winning

BTW who's hot from Texas?

The south isn't really controlling radio, because how many rappers from the south are getting national radio play on a consistent basis? Future for a hook? 2 Chainz or Ross for a feature? How long does that last. How many are getting play dolo without the hot gimmick at the moment? T-Pain was hot at one point. Wayne has taken virtually a two year break. Besides people like Ross, Jeezy, TI and Wayne, the south has a bunch of disposable artist that flame out as quick as they came in. Will anyone care about Migos or Rich Homie Quan in two years? South artist aren't establishing careers, because a lot of it is single and hook driven.

Look at radio station play list...Drake controls the radio. Drake can put out crap like Girl's Love Beyonce and it will get played. Why, because radio is really controlled by women, and that's why lyrical music will never win over the radio. That's why Rihanna is getting played every two hours.

J Cole is considered a south artist now? Because he has far from a south style. Same with Pusha T. Pusha T was born in the Bronx.

Like people complain about French and A$ap Mob. Do people complain that lyrical south rappers not rapping over trap beats are trying to be like New York rappers?
Dude!

Future has the number 1 most added record to radio at this moment. Real and True ft. Miley. What are you saying?

Cash Money ran and still runs the radio via Drake.

I will agree that ATL sends out alot of artists that are good for 1 single and then they vanish. But what are you mad about? The fact that Lyrical music doesn't get played or that east coast music isn't really played like that?

When I say Pusha T and J.Cole I say that due to the region they were musically established in. Cole broke in NC which is the south. He then moved to NY to pursue a deal. Clipse broke in the south due to how they really connected with the drug game in the south.

People say that all the time. Just cause he isnt rhyming over a trap beat he is trying to be a East Coast rapper. That's when I bring up the New School of southern artist whose content is familiar to southern life.
Lmfaooo at you

1) claiming Nicki & French had to go to the south to get hot..... Meanwhile you ignore Jay & Puff both played a huge roll in bringing jeezy up, Jay Gave Ross his record deal and an entire theme for a record label (Last time i checked Down south ****** weren't copping maybachs), T'I first hit single was you guessed it produced by Swizz beatz & Featured a Jay-z sample. Lil Wayne (Shall we remember him calling himself a part of dipset?)

J.cole you guessed it signed by Jay-Z and the man has a song dedicated to NYC on his album.
Their isn't one drop of southern influence in Pusha's music.

So if your going going to use that rationale bruh it would be fair to say that Jay-Z and NY gave you an entire generation of rappers DIRECTLY influenced by NYC sound.

You can't have a successful radio run w/o going through texas or Florida but you can have one W/o catching the largest media market in the world?

why so much salt towards the east, i mean why do you want a region to take an L so bad
laugh.gif
Nah man I'm not salty at all. Its just the truth though. The L is sitting on the table.

Dude your only further proving my point. With everyone you just named that was a boss. Jay and Puff...they had to get behind something from the south to remain relevant. They gave up on the East Coast cause they know to even make a dollar these days you have to get with the the region that holds a larger piece of the map.

You can have a succesful radio run w/o NY. You know why? NY picks up whats already jumping out here.(These are words straight from EBro of Hot 97) We don't look up north for hits. The east coast looks down south for stuff to play.

In regards to PUSHA....V.A. isnt the south? There isn't a drop of southern Influence in Pusha T...ok.

In regards to Cole...Fayetteville North Carolina isn't the South?

T.I.'s first single was 24s prod. by DJ Toomp...Bring Em out was his 1st single on his 3rd album
laugh.gif

I will not say Jay or Puff gave us anything at all. They exposed the artists you named to the rest of the country. We...The South were already rocking with these artists before they came along and attached thier name to anyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom