Tru Life takes plea deal for ‘09 murder charge; sentenced to 10 years in prison

Personally knowing Tru and the victim both sides were at fault. This was a situation that has been going on for years, but this one actually involved his FAMILY! The victim in this case wasn't the nicest, quiet person in the world...in fact he talk a lot of %*@..God rest his soul, but it could have been either or. What yall dont realize is Tru was about positivity, but no matter how hard you try to put yourself in a better position your past will follow you regardless. It saddens me that yall in here grateful he's going to do a bid. What if your brother got caught up in a bad predicament? You guys are reallly gonna let is slide? Let me cut up your brothers face and see how well you would take it...I dont know about you, but family is the most important to me and if ANYONE of my family members were in that position there would have been a problem...but yet again this is NT so most of yall don't understand it...

Personally knowing Tru and the victim both sides were at fault. This was a situation that has been going on for years, but this one actually involved his FAMILY! The victim in this case wasn't the nicest, quiet person in the world...in fact he talk a lot of %*@..God rest his soul, but it could have been either or. What yall dont realize is Tru was about positivity, but no matter how hard you try to put yourself in a better position your past will follow you regardless. It saddens me that yall in here grateful he's going to do a bid. What if your brother got caught up in a bad predicament? You guys are reallly gonna let is slide? Let me cut up your brothers face and see how well you would take it...I dont know about you, but family is the most important to me and if ANYONE of my family members were in that position there would have been a problem...but yet again this is NT so most of yall don't understand it...

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Tru was about the right things, not te greatest rapper, but he actually cared about the hip hop community and that bled thru his work.
i dunno bout that...son was walkin around for months with those purple city chains...he was askin for it
this.

plus I remember watchin a video wayyy back in the day of this dude n sum goons runnin up in the studio with the burners on sumbody... that plus the beef wit Mobb Deep and sum other rediculous vid clip I seen on homie is enough for me to kno i dont *+%$ wit the bol... he was headed down this road for a longgg time, he did well to stay out this damn long
They ran up on mobb deep...stripped alchemist butt naked in his studio
roll.gif
roll.gif
yeah dude was wild ...karma

dont even know why jay-z signed without even hearing a song from him
indifferent.gif

Tru was about the right things, not te greatest rapper, but he actually cared about the hip hop community and that bled thru his work.
i dunno bout that...son was walkin around for months with those purple city chains...he was askin for it
this.

plus I remember watchin a video wayyy back in the day of this dude n sum goons runnin up in the studio with the burners on sumbody... that plus the beef wit Mobb Deep and sum other rediculous vid clip I seen on homie is enough for me to kno i dont *+%$ wit the bol... he was headed down this road for a longgg time, he did well to stay out this damn long
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

this.

eyes.gif

The incident with Mobb Deep is the same "goons runnin up in the studio with burners" incident. This is because Tru Life used to mess with Prodigy back in the day and they decided to do a track together, I believe Tru Life actually paid Mobb Deep to do a song with him also taking care of the studio services for the session as well. Ended up with Mobb Deep doing the song themselves and putting it out as their own. Way before the actual fame.

I'm close enough to these dudes to know a little something about them. And if you a hood dude and you know the hood rules you could do nothing but respect dude for his actions.

The situation with Dip Set was similar to the Mobb Deep situation, where Jim Jones and Tru Life were actually friends and Tru Life would actually bring Jim Jones down to Alfred E. Smith, while Jimmy was mostly a hype man for Cam. Jim was never really hood certified in his own hood, so he was the type of dude that was getting by in NY off of who he knew. But the "real" everyday hood dudes wasn't jacking Jimmy and still don't all the way bang with Jim. I don't know the exact reasons for the animosity, but I would more likely assume that the backlash was warranted.

I'm not trying to defend his actions, because there are instances where he allowed the person he was to effect the person he wanted to be. Dude is an official cat, that really did a lot of what these dudes rap about now. I can first hand vouch for him. Obviously you can take my word for what you take it.

Lolz @ hood rules. Grow up man. Pulling guns and robbing people for taking a song is not doing it. Respect? I guess going to Riker's didn't help you much.
laugh.gif
Why am I not grown ? Because I would chose to handle my business myself instead of involve authorities ? Because I agree that Tru's actions were exactly what he needed to do ? If somebody take your stuff and you know where you can find him to get it back, you not going to go get that ?
roll.gif
You obviously lived in the Burbs your whole life. Your neighbor friends steals PS3 controllers and such, resulting in police investigations and reports.

Ask yaself, if somebody hurt somebody in your family what you would be trying to do? Post your answer, so I can determine who the bozo's are.  
happy.gif
djuzi- certified Bozo.

With a name like Uzi too.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Tru Life bout to be a Tru ****.   Dude was a certified clown and was Jay's lil puppet.  He was a wack @%# rapper and was mad cause Mobb Deep realized how garbage he was from the jump.

You sound silly. Jay's little puppet. Hov signed dude with out hearing a full tape. To a mil. Tru basically gooned Jay for his contract. Jay became uncomfortable with the life he lived and that's why he seperated himself from Tru. Son was actually doing the "real" ++** all these rappers talk and brag about. Jay didn't want no part of that.
laugh.gif

Again, I will not say that everything is all good about that, because I feel, like most, that he should have deaded all the extra curricular. But like BeastMode has been saying Tru wasn't just a dude that was out there bugging out. He had that in him, and he would always be capable of the bug outs, but for the most part he was trying to be as positive as dude from the hood can be.

LOL @ Gabe bringin Wacka into this... the statement bout Flocka bein bout that life was purposely ignorant... jokes my man
tru-life-200lvg062509.jpg

"I dont condone violence, or bangin or nuthin but deep down im a lil happy on the inside that sum of these dudes jus dont talk it... Flockavelli bout that life... "

You had to clarify your moral stance after telling a joke. You right that was real jokey. Stay wavey bro.

stop cryin over another man doin sum time, he only got 10... he murked sumbody... dude is dead... hell neverrrr go home to his family... FOH
No where in here did I cry or say anything like "Oh no, that ain't right. He don't deserve that. Free Tru Life. He's innocent." None of that. I just feel the responsibility to stand up for a friend of mine. He's as real as a dude as I've been giving him credit to be and I know he going to hold that 10 and his brother is just as official, so I know he gonna hold that 12, if in fact those are the #'s they agree to.

It's sad that someone lost they life, but in this world I live in, stuff like this is the norm. His family won't see him again, and that's sad. But Tru could've been the one never being seen by his children or family as well, or his brothers or anybody affiliated.

Even after this incident there are still incidents taking place in my hood directly due to the fact these things happened. The people that are involved are involved, because they choose to be.

I've lost friends to violence, but I'm not marching and protesting at court houses trying to get dudes sent up.

Originally Posted by illphillip

its sad that Max aint never comin home...
tired.gif
not wavy at all... i still get frustrated when I think about it... he shoulda left the countryI hope in 20 years we can getta interview wit him n see how #!*%!! up he is... this L for u Boss Don... Wavy Crockett... Bigavel... Charlie... Silver Surfer.. we forever ridin that wave... OWWWW

So you're *$%*!#%! on Tru Life but crying a tear for Max B when ultimately they are almost guilty of the same thing? 
Except that Tru got caught up in some street $#!$ with some other dudes that went too far. 

While Max is setting up dudes with paper on some broke hater $#!$? 

Or am I reading this wrong. 

It's real easy to see the squares in here to live a safe distance from real life. 

OneTrust, I would wager that Tru will not get touched in prison. 

There's a lot of straight silly talk in here. I'm always amused at how the threads on real life on here deteriorate into nonsense. 

Dude did the crime. Should do the time. Not sad for him. 

You won't hear none of that "Free Tru Life" $#!$ or "Free ANYBODY" from me when a cat puts in that work. We all know the consequences. 

Real dudes do real things though. Hopefully the man does his time and comes out a better man for it. 

But a lot of these real dudes out here trying to rap need a wake up call. You can't keep a toe in the biz and a toe in the streets. You need to dead that. Let your peoples handle that. What the !%%%? 

I can respect this post.

Originally Posted by BeastMode212

Originally Posted by djuzi05

this.

eyes.gif

The incident with Mobb Deep is the same "goons runnin up in the studio with burners" incident. This is because Tru Life used to mess with Prodigy back in the day and they decided to do a track together, I believe Tru Life actually paid Mobb Deep to do a song with him also taking care of the studio services for the session as well. Ended up with Mobb Deep doing the song themselves and putting it out as their own. Way before the actual fame.

I'm close enough to these dudes to know a little something about them. And if you a hood dude and you know the hood rules you could do nothing but respect dude for his actions.

The situation with Dip Set was similar to the Mobb Deep situation, where Jim Jones and Tru Life were actually friends and Tru Life would actually bring Jim Jones down to Alfred E. Smith, while Jimmy was mostly a hype man for Cam. Jim was never really hood certified in his own hood, so he was the type of dude that was getting by in NY off of who he knew. But the "real" everyday hood dudes wasn't jacking Jimmy and still don't all the way bang with Jim. I don't know the exact reasons for the animosity, but I would more likely assume that the backlash was warranted.

I'm not trying to defend his actions, because there are instances where he allowed the person he was to effect the person he wanted to be. Dude is an official cat, that really did a lot of what these dudes rap about now. I can first hand vouch for him. Obviously you can take my word for what you take it.

Lolz @ hood rules. Grow up man. Pulling guns and robbing people for taking a song is not doing it. Respect? I guess going to Riker's didn't help you much.
laugh.gif
Why am I not grown ? Because I would chose to handle my business myself instead of involve authorities ? Because I agree that Tru's actions were exactly what he needed to do ? If somebody take your stuff and you know where you can find him to get it back, you not going to go get that ?
roll.gif
You obviously lived in the Burbs your whole life. Your neighbor friends steals PS3 controllers and such, resulting in police investigations and reports.

Ask yaself, if somebody hurt somebody in your family what you would be trying to do? Post your answer, so I can determine who the bozo's are.  
happy.gif
djuzi- certified Bozo.

With a name like Uzi too.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Tru Life bout to be a Tru ****.   Dude was a certified clown and was Jay's lil puppet.  He was a wack @%# rapper and was mad cause Mobb Deep realized how garbage he was from the jump.

You sound silly. Jay's little puppet. Hov signed dude with out hearing a full tape. To a mil. Tru basically gooned Jay for his contract. Jay became uncomfortable with the life he lived and that's why he seperated himself from Tru. Son was actually doing the "real" ++** all these rappers talk and brag about. Jay didn't want no part of that.
laugh.gif

Again, I will not say that everything is all good about that, because I feel, like most, that he should have deaded all the extra curricular. But like BeastMode has been saying Tru wasn't just a dude that was out there bugging out. He had that in him, and he would always be capable of the bug outs, but for the most part he was trying to be as positive as dude from the hood can be.

LOL @ Gabe bringin Wacka into this... the statement bout Flocka bein bout that life was purposely ignorant... jokes my man

"I dont condone violence, or bangin or nuthin but deep down im a lil happy on the inside that sum of these dudes jus dont talk it... Flockavelli bout that life... "

You had to clarify your moral stance after telling a joke. You right that was real jokey. Stay wavey bro.

stop cryin over another man doin sum time, he only got 10... he murked sumbody... dude is dead... hell neverrrr go home to his family... FOH
No where in here did I cry or say anything like "Oh no, that ain't right. He don't deserve that. Free Tru Life. He's innocent." None of that. I just feel the responsibility to stand up for a friend of mine. He's as real as a dude as I've been giving him credit to be and I know he going to hold that 10 and his brother is just as official, so I know he gonna hold that 12, if in fact those are the #'s they agree to.

It's sad that someone lost they life, but in this world I live in, stuff like this is the norm. His family won't see him again, and that's sad. But Tru could've been the one never being seen by his children or family as well, or his brothers or anybody affiliated.

Even after this incident there are still incidents taking place in my hood directly due to the fact these things happened. The people that are involved are involved, because they choose to be.

I've lost friends to violence, but I'm not marching and protesting at court houses trying to get dudes sent up.

Originally Posted by illphillip

its sad that Max aint never comin home...
tired.gif
not wavy at all... i still get frustrated when I think about it... he shoulda left the countryI hope in 20 years we can getta interview wit him n see how #!*%!! up he is... this L for u Boss Don... Wavy Crockett... Bigavel... Charlie... Silver Surfer.. we forever ridin that wave... OWWWW

So you're *$%*!#%! on Tru Life but crying a tear for Max B when ultimately they are almost guilty of the same thing? 
Except that Tru got caught up in some street $#!$ with some other dudes that went too far. 

While Max is setting up dudes with paper on some broke hater $#!$? 

Or am I reading this wrong. 

It's real easy to see the squares in here to live a safe distance from real life. 

OneTrust, I would wager that Tru will not get touched in prison. 

There's a lot of straight silly talk in here. I'm always amused at how the threads on real life on here deteriorate into nonsense. 

Dude did the crime. Should do the time. Not sad for him. 

You won't hear none of that "Free Tru Life" $#!$ or "Free ANYBODY" from me when a cat puts in that work. We all know the consequences. 

Real dudes do real things though. Hopefully the man does his time and comes out a better man for it. 

But a lot of these real dudes out here trying to rap need a wake up call. You can't keep a toe in the biz and a toe in the streets. You need to dead that. Let your peoples handle that. What the !%%%? 

I can respect this post.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Only 10 years for a body???

I ain't gon say nothing but HE LUCKY. But we've all heard it. Only 2 options. Dead or in Jail. Tru got the good side of the stick

Tru Life Won ..

I'd be Hopping and skipping back to Jail

He'd be a fool NOT to take that Plea Deal

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Only 10 years for a body???

I ain't gon say nothing but HE LUCKY. But we've all heard it. Only 2 options. Dead or in Jail. Tru got the good side of the stick

Tru Life Won ..

I'd be Hopping and skipping back to Jail

He'd be a fool NOT to take that Plea Deal

Crazy I go and check WSHH for some new vids and this is there. My son Young Gee. He from Alfred E. Smith too. I ain't gonna say he the greatest rapper, but don't get it twisted....
laugh.gif

I think I'm Tru Life/ I'm 730 (Tru Life's Bro's nickname).
Ghetto Inmates-that's for life/ Eff a deal-throw a Mil away like Tru Life

A lot of dudes just don't understand though.
laugh.gif

Crazy I go and check WSHH for some new vids and this is there. My son Young Gee. He from Alfred E. Smith too. I ain't gonna say he the greatest rapper, but don't get it twisted....
laugh.gif

I think I'm Tru Life/ I'm 730 (Tru Life's Bro's nickname).
Ghetto Inmates-that's for life/ Eff a deal-throw a Mil away like Tru Life

A lot of dudes just don't understand though.
laugh.gif

JewSeeJay wrote:

It was an ignorant remark meant half jokingly bruh bruh, dont magnify and disect everything I say to prove ur point... its foolish, Im glad he off the streets !%%%!% wit ppl honestly thats all I said fam...cuz u think he give 2 !$$%@ bout u u wanna rep for him? cuz yall from the same building? FOH

I see now why u got knocked kid... ur  jus not bright... its not your fault tho

/\ this wasnt even directed at anybody in particular but implying that he doesnt deserve 10 years for stabbing sumone to death is ludacris...

laugh.gif
 word? a N makin videos n puttin em on the net of dischargin firearms n public, braggin about tresspassin n robbin Ns is really about positivity?

Stabbin dudes to death is that new newww positivity movement then i guess 
grin.gif

he got off easy, u bucket crab @!! dudes need to be celebratin he gettin out at all not comin at my neck for sayin he deserve it

JewSeeJay wrote:

It was an ignorant remark meant half jokingly bruh bruh, dont magnify and disect everything I say to prove ur point... its foolish, Im glad he off the streets !%%%!% wit ppl honestly thats all I said fam...cuz u think he give 2 !$$%@ bout u u wanna rep for him? cuz yall from the same building? FOH

I see now why u got knocked kid... ur  jus not bright... its not your fault tho

/\ this wasnt even directed at anybody in particular but implying that he doesnt deserve 10 years for stabbing sumone to death is ludacris...

laugh.gif
 word? a N makin videos n puttin em on the net of dischargin firearms n public, braggin about tresspassin n robbin Ns is really about positivity?

Stabbin dudes to death is that new newww positivity movement then i guess 
grin.gif

he got off easy, u bucket crab @!! dudes need to be celebratin he gettin out at all not comin at my neck for sayin he deserve it

I was working at a summer program with kids up in East Harlem couple summers ago came and he came to speak to the kids.  Seemed like a good dude, damn shame literally couple months after meeting dude he got into this mess.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

That hood mentality is ******ed.  Why get into a fight over a PS3 controller in the first place? Hypothetically if someone stole my @%%# I asked for it back, and if they didn't guess what, oh well, you lost a controller, just cut dude off.  Getting into physical confrontations about dumb @%%# like that is the hood mentality which is the reason Tru ended up where he was...He got the rare chance that most people from the hood never got, a million dollars to make music, and he couldn't lose that ******ed hood mentality which is why he ended up in prison.  The hood idea of "pride" is what ends up putting cats in jail or losing their life over stupid @%%#.  I know the situation was more his brother than his, but what would have happened if he said, ok, my brother got his +$! whooped or got punked, take the L?  You acting like Jay is soft, nah Jay lives in a world where he can't have thugs doing ******ed @%%# around him to make his image and company look bad.  You want to get out of the hood you lose that hood mentality, so I have trouble feeling bad for dude when he was from that life and got the chance that no one gets and then blew it.  He put himself where he is, no one else.

I was working at a summer program with kids up in East Harlem couple summers ago came and he came to speak to the kids.  Seemed like a good dude, damn shame literally couple months after meeting dude he got into this mess.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

That hood mentality is ******ed.  Why get into a fight over a PS3 controller in the first place? Hypothetically if someone stole my @%%# I asked for it back, and if they didn't guess what, oh well, you lost a controller, just cut dude off.  Getting into physical confrontations about dumb @%%# like that is the hood mentality which is the reason Tru ended up where he was...He got the rare chance that most people from the hood never got, a million dollars to make music, and he couldn't lose that ******ed hood mentality which is why he ended up in prison.  The hood idea of "pride" is what ends up putting cats in jail or losing their life over stupid @%%#.  I know the situation was more his brother than his, but what would have happened if he said, ok, my brother got his +$! whooped or got punked, take the L?  You acting like Jay is soft, nah Jay lives in a world where he can't have thugs doing ******ed @%%# around him to make his image and company look bad.  You want to get out of the hood you lose that hood mentality, so I have trouble feeling bad for dude when he was from that life and got the chance that no one gets and then blew it.  He put himself where he is, no one else.

Originally Posted by G14

this.

roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
@ thinking he was signed for his lyrical prowess or was expected to go plat or something...jay z , og juan...tru life...its deeper than rap

as others have said - he got off kinda "easy" for murder...if you can call 10 years "easy"  - they def didnt throw the book at him

and on the topic of him being stupid i will say - from what i heard/read about the situation this wasn't him just acting up wilding and being reckless...this was personal and im sure he knew the consequences that could come from it-

Back
Top Bottom