UC application people

limit is 1000 words for personal statement i tried my best to cut down and i'm at 1081, will that hurt me? didn't see a college app thread or anything.will this be it?

Yes...
Basically, they'll see that you can't follow directions and won't accept you.

Try to take out a few sentences.

Originally Posted by trancebboy

Yes...

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Pretty much.

Your teacher tells you to keep your crayons inside the lines when coloring, then you do as your told if you want a good grade on your coloring assignment.

reread it and cut out every unnecessary word. have someone else do the same using that microsoft word markup feature (so it shows you the edits).

youd be surprised how many unnecessary sentences u use when you can make the same point in hlf the words

from the packet that they gave me: "Stay within the word limit as closely as you can. A little over - 1,012 words, for example - is fine." so justget rid of a couple of unneeded words and you should be good

Originally Posted by cruzair13

limit is 1000 words for personal statement i tried my best to cut down and i'm at 1081, will that hurt me? didn't see a college app thread or anything. will this be it?
its not that serious imo...1000 is just a range...you should be fine.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by trancebboy

Yes...

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Pretty much.

Your teacher tells you to keep your crayons inside the lines when coloring, then you do as your told if you want a good grade on your coloring assignment.

laugh.gif

i'm sure taking out a sentence or two won't drastically destroy the quality of your statement.

You got tougher assignments coming your way in college yo.

Straight from the UC site. I'm trying to keep mine under the limit
ohwell.gif

Respond to both questions, using a maximum of 1,000 words total. You may allocate the word count as you wish. If you choose to respond to one prompt at greater length, we suggest your shorter answer be no less than 250 words. Stay within the word limit as closely as you can. A little over - 1,012 words, for example - is fine.

Yeah try to trim it down to maybe 1020-1030. I dont think they'll really care, but its just a precaution I guese.

I'm sacrificing my Saturday night to work on this
tired.gif

Originally Posted by NIKERAINBOWS

tired.gif

me too

idk if i should do the UC app anymore tho. dont see myself going to any of those schools. the only school i'd stay in cali for is USC

Originally Posted by enrique23

tired.gif

me too

idk if i should do the UC app anymore tho. dont see myself going to any of those schools. the only school i'd stay in cali for is USC
trust me, you'll be sacrificing a lot of saturday nights once you get to college. but good luck though, if yall are submitting applicationsonline, i'd suggest getting your apps in before the network is flooded with folks trying to get them in last minute.

Originally Posted by moe200069

Originally Posted by enrique23

tired.gif

me too

trust me, you'll be sacrificing a lot of saturday nights once you get to college. but good luck though, if yall are submitting applications online, i'd suggest getting your apps in before the network is flooded with folks trying to get them in last minute.

yeah, thanks man. im gonna try and turn the UC app in around noon on the 30th (day its due), because other people have warned me about the site crashing

Back
Top Bottom