***UGK APPRECIATION***

Might pop me a Piiillllll
B%^&* Im Workin Wood Wheeeel!!!!

UGK =
pimp.gif

the way Pimp attacked a track was crazy.....

what yall boys know bout that "Murder"

"Im still Pimp C trick, so wat da buck is up...puttin powder on da street cuz I got big buckin knuts...comin back from LOUISANA in a fleetwood lac....ijust serve dem boys some ishh that'll put dem fiends on dey back..."

one of the best tracks!!

"Hol uuupp!"
Maaaan UGK forever! long live the pimp
Sweet James Jones Stories is still one of my all time favorites..
Bun been killin features since bout 96
UGK 4 Life

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

the way Pimp attacked a track was crazy.....

what yall boys know bout that "Murder"

"Im still Pimp C trick, so wat da buck is up...puttin powder on da street cuz I got big buckin knuts...comin back from LOUISANA in a fleetwood lac....i just serve dem boys some ishh that'll put dem fiends on dey back..." *"...got the pounds going for 4, 'cuz you know I just paid 2, ninja bought 30 from me so I fronted 42..."

one of the best tracks!!

Hol' up!
pimp.gif
Plus that song got my fav Bun B verse of all time onthere...how could anyone not love UGK???

Pimp C is one of the clearest examples of being dope without having all the fancy lyrics/wordplay/metaphors

Cause of Outkast pop status I think you'll find acouple ppl say UGK is the best duo to come from the South along with Ball and G

Originally Posted by retrowear23

Cause of Outkast pop status I think you'll find acouple ppl say UGK is the best duo to come from the South along with Ball and G
Yeah UGK, Ball/MJG, and Outkast are definitely the top 3.

im a ga boy so naturally i got mad love for kast but ive lived in texas the past three years and i got mad love for tx folks and ugk...respect...r.i.p. pimp

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

Ugk/ outkast, 8ball&mjg, paulwall and chamillion, trae&z-ro
Add Dirty to that list.

Does Virginia count as the south? Cause Clipse would have to be up there too.

Dirty goes hard, but they have consistency issues, imo.

Hey, does anyone know if Pimp was dissin' the Roots in his solo track, 'top notch #$##?' lines like, "what they do, what they do, that @+# wascorny as smuck, you gets no play in the Texas yo' @+# don't bump in the trunk..." and "we come down candy 'lac slabs, y'allrollin' funny *!$% jeeps..." "i saw your video ninja, sounds like you dissin' my friends."

i've never heard or read anything about it, since that song wasn't on a major release. it didn't dawn on me til a long time after he put that songout who he could've been dissin, and i put 2 and 2 together. that what they do video by the roots was a nice song/concept & video, but i guess pimpchad had an issue w/ it. if he was really dissing them, he checked them boys hard. and i like the roots too btw, but pimp roasted 'em.

Originally Posted by retrowear23

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

Ugk/ outkast, 8ball&mjg, paulwall and chamillion, trae&z-ro
Add Dirty to that list.

Does Virginia count as the south? Cause Clipse would have to be up there too.
I don't count the Clipse as a southern group. Geographically obviously VA is the south but their music is to removed from southern hip hopculture/tendencies and is so much more east coast influenced imo.

Originally Posted by chetti mon

Dirty goes hard, but they have consistency issues, imo.

Hey, does anyone know if Pimp was dissin' the Roots in his solo track, 'top notch #$##?' lines like, "what they do, what they do, that @+# was corny as smuck, you gets no play in the Texas yo' @+# don't bump in the trunk..." and "we come down candy 'lac slabs, y'all rollin' funny *!$% jeeps..." "i saw your video ninja, sounds like you dissin' my friends."

i've never heard or read anything about it, since that song wasn't on a major release. it didn't dawn on me til a long time after he put that song out who he could've been dissin, and i put 2 and 2 together. that what they do video by the roots was a nice song/concept & video, but i guess pimp chad had an issue w/ it. if he was really dissing them, he checked them boys hard. and i like the roots too btw, but pimp roasted 'em.
Pimp was one of the wildest dudes in hip hop, I wouldnt be surprised if he dissed them, he said the A ain't part of the south, dissed Jeezy atthe height of his sucess, and shot subliminals to 50 and Jay...hell he took shots at the whole New York rap scene. Pimp was the man though.

Pimp C was the soul of that group.

Not to knock Bun-B, but Pimp was that dude -from beats, to singing hooks to murdering lyrics every now and then, reminding the OG listeners he was always thestrongest lyricist RAPPER in the group.

RIP Pimp C

"This ain't hip hop n_, these country rap tunes!"

Back
Top Bottom