Umm, Netflix... What do you think you're doing right now??

Originally Posted by DrWater

roll.gif
Crying over 6 dollars
you and SonofTony's posts are what's the problem with people these days.
Its "just 6 dollars" is not a valid enough excuse to charge and 50% increase on a product. And i know people are gonna say "oh you could chose not to use the service", "nobody is forcing you to pay", or !%++ like that but it is the principle of the fact. If this is allowed(which it will be because this country is filled with sheep who will blindly follow anything without giving an opinion), whats to stop other companies from following and jacking up their prices? 

This same scenario could be applied to hundreds of other things that continue to go on in the world(gas prices, tuition increases, etc.).

Stop looking a one incident and saying things like "people must be poor" or "its only so and so amount of money" without thinking of future consequences.

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Anyone wanna explain Amazon Prime to me? I heard people are using it as an alternative but I don't like watching shows/movies on my computer
Amazon Prime [...] gives you [...]fast shipping, such as FREE Two-Day shipping and One-day shipping for $3.99 per item on all eligible purchases for an annual membership fee of $79.
 Amazon Prime members can enjoy instant videos: unlimited, commercial-free, instant streaming of 5,000 movies and TV shows through http://www.amazon.com/gp/...UTF8&nodeId=13819211

Amazon prime shipping was really worth it to me until they made a distribution center in our state and now I get pretty much anything I buy the day after my order processes.

I've been wanting to cancel my cable premium movie package and switch to netflix for a while. I guess this will make the decision a little harder to make now too.

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Anyone wanna explain Amazon Prime to me? I heard people are using it as an alternative but I don't like watching shows/movies on my computer
Amazon Prime [...] gives you [...]fast shipping, such as FREE Two-Day shipping and One-day shipping for $3.99 per item on all eligible purchases for an annual membership fee of $79.
 Amazon Prime members can enjoy instant videos: unlimited, commercial-free, instant streaming of 5,000 movies and TV shows through http://www.amazon.com/gp/...UTF8&nodeId=13819211

Amazon prime shipping was really worth it to me until they made a distribution center in our state and now I get pretty much anything I buy the day after my order processes.

I've been wanting to cancel my cable premium movie package and switch to netflix for a while. I guess this will make the decision a little harder to make now too.

lol @ being mad bout 6 bucks

but i just stream anyways i never watch the 100's of dvds i have

lol @ being mad bout 6 bucks

but i just stream anyways i never watch the 100's of dvds i have

I just changed mine to streaming only, i was only getting one dvd anyway, but best believe they ain't getting season 5 of the sopranos back

I just changed mine to streaming only, i was only getting one dvd anyway, but best believe they ain't getting season 5 of the sopranos back

Only stream anyway. I don't care about DVD's. As long as they keep Hey Arnold, Man vs Food and Bizarre Foods up they can charge me whatever they want.

Only stream anyway. I don't care about DVD's. As long as they keep Hey Arnold, Man vs Food and Bizarre Foods up they can charge me whatever they want.

As long as the price of streaming stays the same, I'm not complaining.
Matter of fact, considering their selection of films and television shows, even if they raised the price I still wouldn't be complaining.

As long as the price of streaming stays the same, I'm not complaining.
Matter of fact, considering their selection of films and television shows, even if they raised the price I still wouldn't be complaining.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

I never went the DVD route because if I wanna watch a movie I wanna watch it now, not wait for it to get mailed to me. So I've had the streaming for a month and honestly, the movie selection sucks (other than TV shows). The majority of them are low budget straight to DVD crap no one wants to see anyways, or they'll have a trilogy of movies and put like the 2nd/3rd ones (whichever sucks more)

I definitely agree that the movie selection is lackluster, but I have found some gems on there as well though. I will keep streaming and use my Apple TV for the new releases.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

I never went the DVD route because if I wanna watch a movie I wanna watch it now, not wait for it to get mailed to me. So I've had the streaming for a month and honestly, the movie selection sucks (other than TV shows). The majority of them are low budget straight to DVD crap no one wants to see anyways, or they'll have a trilogy of movies and put like the 2nd/3rd ones (whichever sucks more)

I definitely agree that the movie selection is lackluster, but I have found some gems on there as well though. I will keep streaming and use my Apple TV for the new releases.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

and 2 seasons of dexter were on stream forever...you still watching the same 2 seasons?
Wish I had the time to watch tv all day champ, haven't even got around to Dexter yet, it's far down my qeue.

At dudes saying it's only $6, probably the same dudes that diligently justify JB markups despite crappy materials, no new R&D or marketing. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

and 2 seasons of dexter were on stream forever...you still watching the same 2 seasons?
Wish I had the time to watch tv all day champ, haven't even got around to Dexter yet, it's far down my qeue.

At dudes saying it's only $6, probably the same dudes that diligently justify JB markups despite crappy materials, no new R&D or marketing. 
laugh.gif

IMO waiting for dvds to come in the mail is lame, id rather use redbox for that and now with the new netflix plan they'll be more of an incentive to use redbox.

Netflix would be great if they streamed everything, it'll be a good way to see what you want legit when you want to.

I stream all my shows and movies from my laptop to my 360, but I dont use netflix since the selection is weak. I can imagine though the day you can stream everything the price to stream will rise and keep rising. It's no different than your TV bill rising after tv networks ask more from tv providers.

IMO waiting for dvds to come in the mail is lame, id rather use redbox for that and now with the new netflix plan they'll be more of an incentive to use redbox.

Netflix would be great if they streamed everything, it'll be a good way to see what you want legit when you want to.

I stream all my shows and movies from my laptop to my 360, but I dont use netflix since the selection is weak. I can imagine though the day you can stream everything the price to stream will rise and keep rising. It's no different than your TV bill rising after tv networks ask more from tv providers.

Back
Top Bottom