Umm, Netflix... What do you think you're doing right now??

I canceled my account a long time ago after I found out I can just dl movies straight into my ps3

I canceled my account a long time ago after I found out I can just dl movies straight into my ps3

Originally Posted by DrWater

roll.gif
Crying over 6 dollars
really not that big of a deal. Was it necessary? No. But think back to ten years ago...something like 4-6 dollars for a single movie you could only keep for 3-5 days. This is still a great deal...   ...only reason I'd be upset is because they raised the price when it wasn't a necessity for their business (greed).

Originally Posted by DrWater

roll.gif
Crying over 6 dollars
really not that big of a deal. Was it necessary? No. But think back to ten years ago...something like 4-6 dollars for a single movie you could only keep for 3-5 days. This is still a great deal...   ...only reason I'd be upset is because they raised the price when it wasn't a necessity for their business (greed).

Old members should be grandfathered in with old prices. Should only be charging new customers these new rates. Doesn't start til September anyway so i'll probably cancel by then. My plan jumped from $11 to $18 so i'm pretty sure i won't be keeping my membership, way to big a jump in price. Am i poor, no, but the fact they raised the price about 60% out of nowhere is unacceptable so i won't be staying with them.

Old members should be grandfathered in with old prices. Should only be charging new customers these new rates. Doesn't start til September anyway so i'll probably cancel by then. My plan jumped from $11 to $18 so i'm pretty sure i won't be keeping my membership, way to big a jump in price. Am i poor, no, but the fact they raised the price about 60% out of nowhere is unacceptable so i won't be staying with them.

thats crazy... i just told my girl like 30 mins ago that "i should get in NETFLIX stock now before they jack up the price to 20 a month"

the service they provide now at 8 dollars a month is crazy but as a business man you know people will pay more because its just that good....

been on since 05 and never looked back. i dont even have cable no more straight netflix..

i might drop the DVD plan when that splits cause i rarely use it anymore but who knows....

50 percent incerease is drastic but it was pretty low to begin with. Now that netflix is "in" , more content will come along as the years go on and in the words of Hov "it only gets better"

thats crazy... i just told my girl like 30 mins ago that "i should get in NETFLIX stock now before they jack up the price to 20 a month"

the service they provide now at 8 dollars a month is crazy but as a business man you know people will pay more because its just that good....

been on since 05 and never looked back. i dont even have cable no more straight netflix..

i might drop the DVD plan when that splits cause i rarely use it anymore but who knows....

50 percent incerease is drastic but it was pretty low to begin with. Now that netflix is "in" , more content will come along as the years go on and in the words of Hov "it only gets better"

I did a little googling and found that you can get free rentals from Redbox. Ive never tried it myself. Looks legit.

So those that are on stream+dvd can just go the stream route and use redbox for DVDs. Only thing is RB is a 1-day rental. You gotta drive to wherever that has a RB.

Probably forward this to my Aunt. Personally, if I were to pay myself I would do stream which for 8/month isnt bad I guess.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

This won't go into effect until September, correct?

Time to milk it for what's worth up until Aug. 31.
Right.
I'm canceling mine anyways once school start back up. Just cause I won't be using it that much.

I did a little googling and found that you can get free rentals from Redbox. Ive never tried it myself. Looks legit.

So those that are on stream+dvd can just go the stream route and use redbox for DVDs. Only thing is RB is a 1-day rental. You gotta drive to wherever that has a RB.

Probably forward this to my Aunt. Personally, if I were to pay myself I would do stream which for 8/month isnt bad I guess.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

This won't go into effect until September, correct?

Time to milk it for what's worth up until Aug. 31.
Right.
I'm canceling mine anyways once school start back up. Just cause I won't be using it that much.

Originally Posted by solefood229

I just changed mine to streaming only, i was only getting one dvd anyway, but best believe they ain't getting season 5 of the sopranos back

You will get charged for that DVD, though. You ahve like 7 days to return all DVDs once your plan is cancelled.

And like someone else said, this just gives me more of a reason to downgrade to streaming only.

Originally Posted by solefood229

I just changed mine to streaming only, i was only getting one dvd anyway, but best believe they ain't getting season 5 of the sopranos back

You will get charged for that DVD, though. You ahve like 7 days to return all DVDs once your plan is cancelled.

And like someone else said, this just gives me more of a reason to downgrade to streaming only.

Back
Top Bottom