"UNCarmines" Jordan 6 March 5th 2022 SNKRS is Trash

I see a lot of L's. I'm with you guys and had no luck on any of the raffles. Thought I had jimmy jazz 10.5 but the paypal screen froze up and they sold out before I could finish checking out. Congrats to all those that got these.

Jimmy Jazz even had the audacity to send this email at 11:13, lol.
Screenshot_20220305-131358_Gmail.jpg

It will never get better until people stop buying on StockX, EBAY and Goat. It would only take 3-4 popular releases and when they are stuck with a ton of extra pairs this nonsense will stop But as you can see that will never happen. I will continue to try and get the shoes I like and will continue to be disappointed. But I will not pay resale. I am too old for this ****. I don't wear Jordans to impress people, i wear them because I like them and they take me back to when I was 14 and i got my first pair of Black Cement IV's in May of 1989. Its sad that buying shoes has turned into people trying to take advatnage of other people to make a quick buck, but it is what it is. Hope everybody that hit enjoys their shoes.

Idk about y’all but i’m concerned about this new. way of releasing sneakers. Wasn’t their a rumor they wanted to get away for actual RD’s

If they are just gonna shock drop every hyped release and they leave us to fight the bots… it’s gonna get ugly and i’m stepping down slowly.

It will never get better until people stop buying on StockX, EBAY and Goat. It would only take 3-4 popular releases and when they are stuck with a ton of extra pairs this nonsense will stop But as you can see that will never happen. I will continue to try and get the shoes I like and will continue to be disappointed. But I will not pay resale. I am too old for this ****. I don't wear Jordans to impress people, i wear them because I like them and they take me back to when I was 14 and i got my first pair of Black Cement IV's in May of 1989. Its sad that buying shoes has turned into people trying to take advatnage of other people to make a quick buck, but it is what it is. Hope everybody that hit enjoys their shoes.

I've said and thought this before too. If we all collective would hold out and ignore these resell farms, this would stop, but then you will always get a handful snag anyway, and then it's all for nothing.
These resell markets have taken away all reputation and responsibility from resellers, anybody's mom and pop can sell shoes and make a few bucks. It's just too easy. Everything collectible sells out, and floods resell markets.

I read (skimmed, pretty much) about a business model in the New York Times. It was a luxury handbag company I believe.

Their customers would pre-order the item. It would be made and then delivered to them. Probably after a few months. You could pre-order as many as you wanted, if you decide to. All retail price.

No crazziness with "release dates" and websites crashing.

Obviously, with the billions of merchandise Nike manufactures, this would be a huge inconvenience for them, and may not work. The numbers of pre-orders would be astronomical from a huge company like Nike. But something like this should be explored.

Just came from picking up my pair(s). I got promoted off waitlist from FTL last night, which is extremely rare for me and it was one of the farthest FTL locations I had as an option (ah! Oh well), a W is W). About a 40 minute drive and I arrive; as I'm being checked out, the cashier and I are talking; she says "I see you're a size 10.5, well we have the Cardinal 3's and the patent leather black & red 1's in your size, would you care to purchase any of them?" Well...I'm sure I made the right choice :nthat:& I'm glad getting promoted off the waitlist that this particular store was chosen!

IMG_2556.JPG
IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2558.jpg

Last edited:
Jus came from picking up my pair(s). I got promoted off waitlist from FTL last night, which is extremely rare for me and it was one of the farthest FTL locations I had as an option (ah! Oh well), a W is W). About a 40 minute drive and I arrive; as I'm being checked out the cashier and I are talking, she says "I see you're a size 10.5, well we have the Cardinal 3's and the patent leather black & red 1's in your size, would you care to purchase any of them?" Well...I'm sure I made the right choice :nthat:

IMG_2556.JPG
IMG_2555.JPG

This day just keeps getting worse 🤣🤣

As much as ALL of us want resell to end its not. This pandemic bought reselling in stronger than ever. Beginning of 2020 leading into March we couldn't go nowhere. Only way left to buy was online. Resellers took advantage of the situation and three years later here we are. Just like Rona is here to stay so is resell. Either way we can turn a blind eye at resell and move on....some us have that ability. But doing so is like a kid at a parade and candy is being thrown out for all. But parent tells the kid do not touch the candy being thrown out. How long can you hold out and resist the urge.

I've paid my fair share of resell so I'm guilty of it too.. If resell isn't too bad I'll still buy... I've set myself to have a limit on resell...

Jus came from picking up my pair(s). I got promoted off waitlist from FTL last night, which is extremely rare for me and it was one of the farthest FTL locations I had as an option (ah! Oh well), a W is W). About a 40 minute drive and I arrive; as I'm being checked out, the cashier and I are talking; she says "I see you're a size 10.5, well we have the Cardinal 3's and the patent leather black & red 1's in your size, would you care to purchase any of them?" Well...I'm sure I made the right choice :nthat:& I'm glad getting promoted off the waitlist that this particular store was chosen!

IMG_2556.JPG
IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2558.jpg
The way y’all be coming up on shoes almost sound fictional 😂 How do I get this type of luck?

I read (skimmed, pretty much) about a business model in the New York Times. It was a luxury handbag company I believe.

Their customers would pre-order the item. It would be made and then delivered to them. Probably after a few months. You could pre-order as many as you wanted, if you decide to. All retail price.

No crazziness with "release dates" and websites crashing.

Obviously, with the billions of merchandise Nike manufactures, this would be a huge inconvenience for them, and may not work. The numbers of pre-orders would be astronomical from a huge company like Nike. But something like this should be explored.

Yeah, been there too, thinking about how they could let people pre-order and pay 50% down, weeks or months ahead of time, and then have to wait for the product. And then make supply balance between pre-order volume and desired production volume, so there is still somewhat of an elusive element to it. But it may cut down on resell, if people can just pre-order, and if people don't care about hype. Because for me, it's not about the resell value, as I wear all of mine. And I don't care about how many other people may wear the same shoe.

Yeah, been there too, thinking about how they could let people pre-order and pay 50% down, weeks or months ahead of time, and then have to wait for the product. And then make supply balance between pre-order volume and desired production volume, so there is still somewhat of an elusive element to it. But it may cut down on resell, if people can just pre-order, and if people don't care about hype. Because for me, it's not about the resell value, as I wear all of mine. And I don't care about how many other people may wear the same shoe.

No doubt. Most of us on this forum would keep buying regardless. But I do think Nike wants to strike a balance with keeping "hype" and also satisfying customers (as would pretty much any business). So I don't know if they'd go for a similar business model, if possible, with how giant of a company they are.

Back
Top Bottom